Celebrity Dinner party wish list !!

li****

Posted

So......me and my family were together for Christmas 🌲 and round the table after having our dinner we started talking about who would be our dream celebrity dinner party guests. They can be anyone dead or alive. Mine would be..........

Lady Gaga - of course she's there lol only so we can run off and have babies together afterwards 😂

Michael Jackson - As much as many didn't like him he was my idol in the world of dancing, if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have been dancing. 

George Michael - my crush growing up and still to this day I cried buckets when he came out 🤣 and also when he died. 

Marilyn Monroe - to me she was the epitome of beauty not the best actress ever but she was god damn beautiful 😍 

Kylie Sonique Love - if you don't know who she is then you need to Google her cause DAMN!!!! 🤤 

Martin Luther King Jr. - he needs no introduction of why he'd be there I could imagine some fantastic conversations I'd have with him. 

Rosa Parks - like Martin she was pivotal in the civil rights movement and I could also see some fascinating conversations we'd have. 

Elton John - just cause I think he's fantastic songwriter and yes he'd be the biggest Queen there lol.  

And last and by no means least I'd definitely have our Queen Elizabeth the second there 👑 she always seemed like she had a sense of humour and was down to earth and just always looked to be a genuinely nice person. 

So I'm asking now who would be your ultimate dinner party guests !? 

Posted
I am going to be really picky here but Elton doesn't write the songs , it's Bernie Taupin(think that's how you spell it) but great list anyway 😁
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, DaddyBear123 said:

I am going to be really picky here but Elton doesn't write the songs , it's Bernie Taupin(think that's how you spell it) but great list anyway 😁

He composes he's own songs also they wrote songs together ☺️so yes he's a songwriter lol

Edited by lil-monster
Posted
23 minutes ago, HamCoBondage said:

The Queen did have a sense of humor.

She really did, especially the James Bond sketch she did with Daniel Craig 🤣

Posted

Hard question, because on one hand, there are people you'd love to meet and have conversations with, but do you worry about party chemistry? What about language barriers? What about other awkward situations (like if someone liked rap music and invited multiple rappers, one of whom has shot and/or killed another)? How do we know if some of them are as pleasant in private as they try to look in public? Are we assuming nine guests?

Of the top of my head, candidates include: 

Musicians: Joey Cape/Other Lagwagon Members, Billy Corgan/Jimmy Chamberlain, Rachel Flotard, Dave Grohl.

Actors/Actresses: Patrick Stewart, Aubrey Plaza/Anna Kendrick, Jon Bernthal, Keira Knightley, Emma Stone, Anya Taylor-Joy probably some I'm forgetting.

Academics: Aristotle (philosophy), Plato (philosophy), Kant (philosophy), Albert Einstein (physics), Sigmund Freud (psychology) Milton Friedman (economics), Scott Sumner (economics), Scott Alexander (psychiatry/rationalist community), Andrew Huberman (neuroscience), Jordan Peterson (psychology), Brian Cox (physics), Paul Erdős (mathematics/***), Bertrand Russell (mathematics/logic), Évariste Galois (mathematics), Sean Carroll (physics), probably several I'm forgetting.

Athletes: Joe Burrow, Tyrann Mathieu, George St. Pierre

Comedians: Norm Macdonald, Dave Chappelle

Assorted: Leonardo da Vinci (everything), James Gunn (writer/director), Neal Stephenson (author), Thomas Jefferson (politics), Benjamin Franklin (politics/inventer), Winston Churchill (politics), Margaret Thatcher (politics), Tony Reali (sports journalism), Tim Cowlishaw (sports journalism), Mina Kimes (sports journalism), Colin Furze (youtuber/builder), Xyla Foxlin (youtuber/engineer), Rick Beato (youtuber/musician), Geoff Robinson (Pro-gamer/caster), probably several more I'm forgetting.

Now selecting based on whom I think will have the best interest/pleasantness/chemistry combination and forming a final 9:

Joey Cape, Milton Friedman, James Gunn, Jordan Peterson, Tony Reali, Mina Kimes, Norm Macdonald, Geoff Robinson, Dave Chapelle

Hate to leave some of the others off, but it's really hard to know how pleasant some of them are in private. I think a lot of people make the mistake of inviting a bunch of people they think are interesting, but that wouldn't be pleasant or mesh well. It's a party, and I want to have a good time. 

Posted
38 minutes ago, Pleasurecalculus said:

Hard question, because on one hand, there are people you'd love to meet and have conversations with, but do you worry about party chemistry? What about language barriers? What about other awkward situations (like if someone liked rap music and invited multiple rappers, one of whom has shot and/or killed another)? How do we know if some of them are as pleasant in private as they try to look in public? Are we assuming nine guests?

Musicians: Joey Cape/Other Lagwagon Members, Billy Corgan/Jimmy Chamberlain, Rachel Flotard, Dave Grohl.

Actors/Actresses: Patrick Stewart, Aubrey Plaza/Anna Kendrick, Jon Bernthal, Keira Knightley, Emma Stone, Anya Taylor-Joy probably some I'm forgetting.

Academics: Aristotle (philosophy), Plato (philosophy), Kant (philosophy), Albert Einstein (physics), Sigmund Freud (psychology) Milton Friedman (economics), Scott Sumner (economics), Scott Alexander (psychiatry/rationalist community), Andrew Huberman (neuroscience), Jordan Peterson (psychology), Brian Cox (physics), Paul Erdős (mathematics/***), Bertrand Russell (mathematics/logic), Évariste Galois (mathematics), Sean Carroll (physics), probably several I'm forgetting.

Assorted: Leonardo da Vinci (everything), James Gunn (writer/director), Neal Stephenson (author), Thomas Jefferson (politics), Benjamin Franklin (politics/inventer), Winston Churchill (politics), Margaret Thatcher (politics), Tony Reali (sports journalism), Tim Cowlishaw (sports journalism), Mina Kimes (sports journalism), Colin Furze (youtuber/builder), Xyla Foxlin (youtuber/engineer), Rick Beato (youtuber/musician), Geoff Robinson (Pro-gamer/caster), probably several more I'm forgetting.

Now selecting based on whom I think will have the best interest/pleasantness/chemistry combination and forming a final 9:

Joey Cape, Milton Friedman, James Gunn, Jordan Peterson, Tony Reali, Mina Kimes, Norm Macdonald, Geoff Robinson, Dave Chapelle

Hate to leave some of the others off, but it's really hard to know how pleasant some of them are in private. I think a lot of people make the mistake of inviting a bunch of people they think are interesting, but that wouldn't be pleasant or mesh well. It's a party, and I want to have a good time. 

It's just for fun lol 😂 

Posted (edited)

Oh this is such an easy list to make.

• Walt Disney - any man who can make millions out of a sketch of a mouse is worth knowing.
  • Garth Brooks - the best country music artist ever - and would be good for the Karaoke
  • Trisha Yearwood - 2nd best country music artist (and she is Garth's Wife)
  • Mahatma Ghandi - an inspirational man, I read his biography and now have sooooo many questions!
  • Lady Jane Grey - well it's nice being a relative of royalty - even if she was ***ed.
  • Erika Mitchell (otherwise known as E.L. James) - to find out what the hell she was thinking!
  • Margaret Thatcher - Although I'm not a tory fan, she'd probably have some damn good advice for the current times.
Edited by 4RCH
Posted
1 hour ago, Pleasurecalculus said:

That is one big dinner party my friend ! 😂 - but I applaud your interesting and eclectic choices…

Posted
1 hour ago, lil-monster said:

He composes he's own songs also they wrote songs together ☺️so yes he's a songwriter lol

Bernie wrote the lyrics , John added the music. Told you I was being picky 😆 . I know it is just a small point. 

Posted
34 minutes ago, DaddyBear123 said:

Bernie wrote the lyrics , John added the music. Told you I was being picky 😆 . I know it is just a small point. 

You're correct, Elton John and Bernie Taupin collaborated on most of Elton's songs.

However if you really want to be picky, “Come Back Baby” was Elton's own work as was “Flintstone Boy”.

Elton also collaborated with a number of other artists aside from Bernie Taupin.

Posted
7 minutes ago, 4RCH said:

You're correct, Elton John and Bernie Taupin collaborated on most of Elton's songs.

However if you really want to be picky, “Come Back Baby” was Elton's own work as was “I’ve Been Loving You” and “Flintstone Boy”.

Elton also collaborated with a number of other artists aside from Bernie Taupin.

Thank you Arch knew I could count on you 😍😊 Elton has wrote some of his own songs I grew up listening to Elton and love him to pieces.

Posted
1 minute ago, lil-monster said:

Thank you Arch knew I could count on you 😍😊 Elton has wrote some of his own songs I grew up listening to Elton and love him to pieces.

I left him off my list as you'd already invited him to yours - but he's another I'd happily get on the Karaoke with. 

Posted
20 minutes ago, 4RCH said:

However if you really want to be picky, “Come Back Baby” was Elton's own work as was “Flintstone Boy”.

That is true. Thank you for reminding me. I have to go back now and retract a little 🤣🤣🤣

Posted
1 hour ago, 4RCH said:

Oh this is such an easy list to make.

• Walt Disney - any man who can make millions out of a sketch of a mouse is worth knowing.
  • Garth Brooks - the best country music artist ever - and would be good for the Karaoke
  • Trisha Yearwood - 2nd best country music artist (and she is Garth's Wife)
  • Mahatma Ghandi - an inspirational man, I read his biography and now have sooooo many questions!
  • Lady Jane Grey - well it's nice being a relative of royalty - even if she was ***ed.
  • Erika Mitchell (otherwise known as E.L. James) - to find out what the hell she was thinking!
  • Margaret Thatcher - Although I'm not a tory fan, she'd probably have some damn good advice for the current times.

Lmfao love this!!!! 

Posted
10 minutes ago, 4RCH said:

I left him off my list as you'd already invited him to yours - but he's another I'd happily get on the Karaoke with. 

Ooh yes!!! Karaoke party!!!!!! Oooh another topic there maybe. 😂🤔

Posted
2 hours ago, lil-monster said:

I have to retract a bit as someone has reminded me he has collaborated on other songs with various artists. Good list still 😁😁

Posted
Just now, DaddyBear123 said:

I have to retract a bit as someone has reminded me he has collaborated on other songs with various artists. Good list still 😁😁

That's ok I know Elton John ( not personally lol ) but I've grown up with his music and followed his career but he's definitely up there with the best 

Posted
4 minutes ago, lil-monster said:

That's ok I know Elton John ( not personally lol ) but I've grown up with his music and followed his career but he's definitely up there with the best 

Never been a real fan, but cannot deny his talent and has made a lot of great songs.

Posted
So mine kinda all have themes Ruth Bader Gingsburg and Baroness Hale both really for their efforts RBG regarding gender equality and Lady H for her efforts towards equality for the really *** and not shying away from calling out the diabolical British Govt. (Spider broach debacle 😂)
Birute Galdikas, David Attenborough and Molly Badham
Birute and David obviously for their work towards conservation. Molly because, I honestly want to know whether she thought what she did was right and I bet she's got some stories to tell.
Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman for the banter.
Then for nothing more than eye candy...
Jason Statham
Tom Hardy
And Idris Elba mainly for the voice
Posted
34 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

So mine kinda all have themes Ruth Bader Gingsburg and Baroness Hale both really for their efforts RBG regarding gender equality and Lady H for her efforts towards equality for the really *** and not shying away from calling out the diabolical British Govt. (Spider broach debacle 😂)
Birute Galdikas, David Attenborough and Molly Badham
Birute and David obviously for their work towards conservation. Molly because, I honestly want to know whether she thought what she did was right and I bet she's got some stories to tell.
Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman for the banter.
Then for nothing more than eye candy...
Jason Statham
Tom Hardy
And Idris Elba mainly for the voice

Ooh yes love all those!!! David Attenborough would be fantastic to have a convo with for sure ☺️ of course eye candy 😍 

Posted
If I had to choose, I'd pull in the forefathers of this nation and the current US government so they could slap the shit out of these idiots running the US.
If it were non-politics, then I'd invite the following:
The band Halestorm (Lzzy has pulled me back from the edge a couple of times)
Albert Einstein
Mark Twain
Samuel L. Jackson
Heath Ledger
Christopher Walken
Dennis Hopper
Leonardo DaVinci
Socrates
Plato
Jesus (so he can fix all the shit they fucked up in the Bible and his teachings in the Christian mythologies)
Angelina Jolie (would bite her on the ass and pray for lockjaw)
Ryan Reynolds (just wanna hang out for a day, he's the shit)
My late wife (she was My celebrity)
and the most famous person I ever met, my grandfather
that's a very short list off the top of my head, I've got so many people I'd like to spend some time with....
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

In no particular order;

David Bowie

Kelly Clarkson

Jane Levy

Dolly Parton

Jonathan Larson

Rick Moranis

Christopher Walken

Graham Norton

Ariana DeBose

Sigourney Weaver

Shohreh Aghdashloo

Arthur C. Clarke 

Philip K. Dick

John Legend

David Tennant

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I`ve suggested this activity at actual dinner parties, but nobody`s been interested. It`s nice to be able to do it here - I`ve allowed myself ten guests.

Male;

Rod Serling- the creative genius behind probably the most influential science fiction show of all time, `The Twilight Zone`.

Thomas Sowell - American conservative economist who was at one point a Marxist. When asked what changed his mind, he replied `evidence`.

Otto Peltzer - top German middle distance runner at his peak during the interwar period. A bohemian and intellectual, his nickname was `Otto the odd`. He was persecuted by the nazis for his homosexuality, and survived imprisonment in a concentration camp.

René Mouchotte - A French fighter pilot who served in the Royal Air *** during World War Two and was killed in 1943. I spent part of my childhood living on an RAF base, and our street was named after him.

President Volodymyr Zelensky - An exceptional man at the centre of the biggest news story of my lifetime. He`s narrowly beaten Winston Churchill to a seat at my dinner table, which says something in itself.

Vincent Van Gogh - A beautiful, ***d soul who produced beautiful art.

Female;

Marie-Madeleine Fourcade  - I think I`m correct in saying she was the only woman to lead a major network of the French Resistance during the war. She once escaped from a prison cell by stripping naked and slipping through the bars of the window.

Margaret Thatcher - not for everyone but an incredibly strong woman.

Frances Kelsey - I strongly admire anyone who stands up for what they believe is right, particularly if they`re faced with enormous  pressure to back down. I also wanted a scientist on the list. This lady worked for the FDA during the 1960s, and she ***ymindedly prevented a certain medicine from being marketed in the USA, believing it wasn`t safe. That medicine was thalidomide.

Anne Frank - I hope she needs no introduction. I`d like to cheat a little here, and have the adult version of her that she was never given the opportunity to become.

Hedy Lamarr - I was torn between filling this place with a stunning actress or going for an intellectual. This lady was both - she was a film star during Hollywood`s golden age, and she invented a guidance system for allied torpedoes during the war. The latter achievement has given her the place ahead of Marilyn Monroe, who was not known for her interest in torpedo guidance systems.

Queen Cleopatra of Egypt - I studied her dual reputation as part of a university course.  Roman propaganda presented her as a manipulative temptress, whilst Arab historians portrayed her as a polymath. I`ll take either version for this dinner party, but I just want to find out what she was really like. Marc Antony had the hots for her, and he probably had quite a few options romantically. This suggests she might have been rather cute.

Special eleventh guest - KW - the initials of my childhood sweetheart, who also lived on the RAF base mentioned above. When we were seven we decided we were going to marry each other, but I haven`t seen her since 1980. I`m jealous of Forrest Gump, who actually got to marry Jenny even if she died prematurely.