How can a relationship between 2 switches work?

Ki****

Posted
Me and my husband are sorta new to the community I'm more experience or have more knowledge I guess you could say then he does but we have been researching & learning as we go and we have came to the realization that we r both switches so I guess my ? Is wat r some ways that we can manage our relationship so we both get our dom and sub needs met?
Posted
If you both enjoy both roles, like I do, then just let it come naturally. Sometimes I feel more dom, sometimes more sub. Just like anything, it comes down to communication and openness. Sounds like the best of both worlds to me - other switches are hard to find
Posted
Perhaps incorporate toys during sex? Taking turns in stimulating each other could be a good idea
Posted
First off let me say how lucky you are to have found each other because you have the widest spectrum of personal pleasure and experiences to share with each other. One thing you may want to consider is from time to time bringing in a third who is a Domme or a sub. I myself am an older sub who has had the pleasure of being invited to session with a few young couples. I have been dominated by both during those sessions in various ways mostly as human furniture to heighten the scene between the couple. Everything from being stood on while the passionately made out to having them make love on me.
I’m sure if they had brought in a domme the session would have been different of course. Whatever you do just celebrate it and don’t make it challenge or problem. You two are very lucky.
Posted
I would agree with jersey, you are very lucky and there are loads of possibilities! rolling dice or drawing cards is a great way as it's purely random and there is nothing you can do about the outcome which often heightens the sensations! X
Posted

Honesty communication, between both.  Experimentation on what each other likes, and feels when doing it.  Building solid foundations.

I have seen many switch relationships work over the years and it's all been down to mutual trust and honest communication on how they are feeling and understanding each others needs and feelings and needs.

Posted
Have fun and find what works best for you and try to remember not to hog all the spanks
Posted
Thank you everyone for all the replies I'm just looking for advice honestly LOL cuz we both do tend to lean more towards the sub side but I'm also an over thinker so my first thought was okay how are we going to make sure each other's needs are met when it's a toss up of when we're feeling dominant and when we're feeling submissive because for us it's not just a sexual play thing it's in the lifestyle as well if that makes any sense
Posted
The one with more experience should be the Dom, until the other catches up.
Switch couple 101
Posted
I think duskyred made a good point about dice and games, there are games/apps out there that randomly generate roles, could make it a little easier not to overthink so much
Posted
It depends on how you both ‚view’ a D/s relationship. Everyone seens things slightly differently when it comes to kink. For example, some people want a 24/7 D/s where it is always clear who’s the D. For others it is enough to just ‚play’ whenever they feel like it.

It’s important to think and communicate what you both want to get out of it. In my experience, when two people switch with each other, it is impossible to develop a deep mindset of being a sub/D. It’s hard to surrender completely to someone when you know you can do whatever you want to them next day.

One idea that you might want to experiment with is trying to change it up on a weekly basis. So it’s a week where one person is always in control. It will give you more time to get into proper mindset and you might experience deeper D/s feelings.

Feel free to pm me. I’ve had a really hard time finding myself in a switch relationship.
Posted
i saw someone suggest somewhere else how you both could designate a certain accessory, clothes, or gesture to signal how you’re feeling that day? for instance a collar to suggest you’re feeling subby or a certain lingerie piece/undergarment to show you’re feeling Dom/me, sticking out your tongue mid flirt to say you’re up for either?
Posted
How to say this without sounding weird. It'd be easier to match what you two are feeling/energy at the time when you want to dom or sub. As for the case when you both feel subby or domy, that would have to be communicated prior to that event taking place. If your open to a trusted third party to fill the role you're missing at the time. I read signals and gestures being used as an example for what mood to set. Either way it goes have fun fellow switches.
Posted
Dom or sub or switch it’s about power dynamic and it can work out great as long as you set up ground rules. First is the separation between play time and real life and remembering not to carry over those emotions. Two is setting up limits both as dom and sub. (There may be things you want him to do to you that he doesn’t want done to him and that’s alright) third is most important because there are many ways to do it and that’s dividing up the time. Some people work well by switch days or even weeks while other prefer to divide the time up nightly like 2 hours each etc. now as a dom the past 14 years I just recently became as switch about two years ago and for me it works best dividing it up within one session but that’s because I don’t have a permanent partner at this time. But again ground rules with limits and desires are keys to making sure you both get to enjoy both sides of the dynamic.
Posted
Thanks to everyone so much great advice 💜
Posted
Find your kinks and explore. Be comfortable with each other and truly trust each other
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
Usually the circumstances determine who is who. I would find it strange to decide beforehand who is going to be the Dom and who the sub.