Newsfeed content

Je****

Posted
5 minutes ago, VKD said:

From personal experience, it seems to be loosely based on 'Who can message me' as I see nothing but 'Women' in my feed, globally, no filter for orientation. The only things that are open are the Forum postings where I see men, but even then I don't see any obviously Gay stuff passing by.  Could well be because I haven't interacted with all the subject matter and therefore am not a follower.  Maybe we should ask the delightful Pixie or another FetMod if they know the 'rules' here. PurplePie was looking after the reaction to the recent upgrade and passing all the condensed topics to the technical team, another possible angle to try. xxxx

I suppose the 'regardless of orientation'  is the kicker here. I do see posts for lesbians, bi etc. Might that be the nub of the issue? 

Eastbourneguy
Posted
3 minutes ago, VKD said:

I suppose the 'regardless of orientation'  is the kicker here. I do see posts for lesbians, bi etc. Might that be the nub of the issue? 

My "who can message me" filter is wide open. My issues are in the news feed, where I want to restrict distance, but I'm unable to as I also want to see new forum posts.

Posted

Well FETMOD-ERDNULFA is online and is Berlin based. Not sure that being close to HQ gives her any more insight. Maybe you should ask her if she knows the specific rules regarding what gets into your Newsfeed Jen..and whether it changed after the big upgrade.

Posted

Well I went off and educated myself as it had never occurred to me that I had an issue here. My sincere apologies Jen. So there's a settings tab on the Newsfeed where you can set your filters and seemingly they used to work and no longer do. One for PurplePie possibly Jen, she was collating the fallout of the big upgrade, although it may well be something that happened either side. The salient point being, one is offered a quite comprehensive set of filters for their news and at present the Customer choice is being ignored - in some aspects. Given this filter exists for this very particluar feature of Fetish, getting it to work would solve Eastbourneguy's gripe too. 

For those like me, blissfully unaware such a filter existed....

Fetish.com News Feed

Click the News Feed which is underlined. 

Once again, apologies for the ignorance. 

Posted
5 hours ago, Finally_Jen said:

Yep cus i want to see videos of my chosen preference 

Well, according to the filter, videos is a global category that you can't filter by region, gender, or age. Based on that, I would assume it's acting as intended, regardless of how undesirable that is. 

Posted
5 hours ago, Pleasurecalculus said:

Well, according to the filter, videos is a global category that you can't filter by region, gender, or age. Based on that, I would assume it's acting as intended, regardless of how undesirable that is. 

Genius! I can see the little white earth which precedes that statement, didn't associate with the tiny pale smudge next to four categories. That said, I see zero videos outside my choice of women. New Form Topics across gender.

Posted

what you describe and the wonky algorithm is the reason why I'll never upgrade my membership. It's just too ridiculous to take it seriously.

Posted

I get what people are saying about the algorithm and like, filters and stuff but mine haven't changed and I've never had such older gay men content thrown my way before. And it's from everywhere across the world and out of my selected age bracket. 

That's what I don't get. Why this older content? But yes perhaps an "orientation" filter would be beneficial too.

Eastbourneguy
Posted
3 minutes ago, Finally_Jen said:

I get what people are saying about the algorithm and like, filters and stuff but mine haven't changed and I've never had such older gay men content thrown my way before. And it's from everywhere across the world and out of my selected age bracket. 

That's what I don't get. Why this older content? But yes perhaps an "orientation" filter would be beneficial too.

I have a "only kinksters looking for men" check box. This is showing on both the website and app

Posted
5 hours ago, Zela said:

what you describe and the wonky algorithm is the reason why I'll never upgrade my membership. It's just too ridiculous to take it seriously.

Me neither. It's nothing but a thinly veiled scam to squeeze *** from ppl. 

Posted
I have filters set as well. For age, distance, etc. I may as well have not wasted my time. Seriously. I am almost 50, and have no interest in those I consider barely legal. To have them filling up my searches, and the distance filter COMPLETELY ignored is frustrating.
Posted
3 minutes ago, locketheart said:

I have filters set as well. For age, distance, etc. I may as well have not wasted my time. Seriously. I am almost 50, and have no interest in those I consider barely legal. To have them filling up my searches, and the distance filter COMPLETELY ignored is frustrating.

Is this on the News Feed or when you use the Browse option? I know that the Who's Online etc gives a global view when a 'guest', also that you can't browse the Newcomers and Last Logins....it all works pretty well when you shell out for a membership, as you can sort by distance, last login, registration date etc. If you've racked up 1500+ points trade them in for 14 days of Premium and see a whole new Fetish. 

Posted
Yup. The filters for me are nonexistent neither. Im 38 male from detroit mi area… and im soo tired of see the same people that ive already said jo to or swiped no or all the above. But i get ladies, men, and trans in 18-30, and 50-75/80ish age ranges. And the locations, why on earth would i want to see anyones profile info thats more than lets say 40miles away. Im gettin people from iver 4000 miles over seas on the opposite side of the globe… been on this app for nearly a yr and this has been the biggest “meetme, dating” app i have used so far..
Posted
Idk why for you but mine doesn’t do that. My filters are set and only see what I want within my set range. You sure your newsfeed filters are set?
Posted
It took a minute for me to get my filters I order I swear those three lines on the app weren’t there the first month I was on here . I had to put in my profile ,although no one seems to read these all the time , if your more than an hour away I am not interested. If you’re looking 👀 for someone to degrade you or a femdom I am not the one . I’m a sub and the amount of unwanted contact and explicit messages from male subs looking for a Domme/Femmdom was awful 🥺 . I want to be dominated not be the dominator.