Setting emotional boundaries

Fe****

Posted
Theres no way unfortunately it is human nature
Posted

I thought the attachment would make things better and much more real than just f***ing without making love.

Posted
I do not like to get attached to play partners. To keep myself in check I’ll write out what about the person I’m falling for. It is important to keep track of that. It is also important to be open and honest with your dom/sub that you’re not looking for attachment. If you feel like you’re getting too close, tell them and it may be time for a little break or tweak the dynamic. We are all human. It happens! Best of luck <3
Posted
Compartmentalize and see the truth of the relationship. If it is open and involving others the relationship is for your physical gratification not your emotional gratification. Your affection, if any, should be limited and not expected from the Dom or sub. If the relationship is monogamous and is a regular day to day relationship with the Dom sub dynamic it's understandable that an emotional attachment is formed. In that situation when your Dom or sub makes it clear they are ending the relationship as they would any other then you take the necessary actions to reduce and end the emotional attachment with actions like breaking contact and communication.
Posted
I like to be straightforward in the beginning because of this. Weather or not we fall into it things change at the end of any sort of play. Your heart and body will crave to be happy and in bliss. Open communication is what helps me see and prepare for the fallout.
Posted
In the boat.. found myself catching eww feelings . Almost impossible not to if your in contact regularly. I'm genuinely usually very detached and guarded . So I can relate.
Posted
Why would you avoid getting attached to your sub or Dom? Seems normal to me
Posted
23 hours ago, facelessleather said:
Compartmentalize and see the truth of the relationship. If it is open and involving others the relationship is for your physical gratification not your emotional gratification. Your affection, if any, should be limited and not expected from the Dom or sub. If the relationship is monogamous and is a regular day to day relationship with the Dom sub dynamic it's understandable that an emotional attachment is formed. In that situation when your Dom or sub makes it clear they are ending the relationship as they would any other then you take the necessary actions to reduce and end the emotional attachment with actions like breaking contact and communication.

Why would an open relationship mean it would iy be for physical gratification?
Emotional needs can be met by more than one person 🤷‍♂️

Posted
In my opinion and experience, I would say this is almost near impossible to not have feelings . As a sub your giving someone your trust , your are trusting they have your best interest and safety at heart . Trust itself is a powerful emotion and depending on the amount of sessions and time you spend together feelings are gonna happen. The best you can do is to lay the boundaries of what is aspected of your dynamic. What is aloud and not aloud outside and during play , how evolved you are in each others lives and whether your monogamous or non-monogamous. Even if you can “dissociate” your feelings from your partner , psychologically they are there your just avoiding them or pushing them aside or back which is a ticking time bomb and not good for you in the long end .  part of those boundaries you need to set or are you should set should I say also needs to involve how you would end things when you come to the time in a dynamic where it’s met it’s course . Proper closure between a Dom and sub is very important and I also feel is part of the responsibility of aftercare.
Posted
Monday at 08:32 PM, luvbuzzloo said:
In my opinion and experience, I would say this is almost near impossible to not have feelings . As a sub your giving someone your trust , your are trusting they have your best interest and safety at heart . Trust itself is a powerful emotion and depending on the amount of sessions and time you spend together feelings are gonna happen. The best you can do is to lay the boundaries of what is aspected of your dynamic. What is aloud and not aloud outside and during play , how evolved you are in each others lives and whether your monogamous or non-monogamous. Even if you can “dissociate” your feelings from your partner , psychologically they are there your just avoiding them or pushing them aside or back which is a ticking time bomb and not good for you in the long end .  part of those boundaries you need to set or are you should set should I say also needs to involve how you would end things when you come to the time in a dynamic where it’s met it’s course . Proper closure between a Dom and sub is very important and I also feel is part of the responsibility of aftercare.

👍👍👍