The importance of Honesty.

Be****

Posted

I'm poly, this means different things to different people, but to me it means enjoying my partner(s) and his/their other relationships. I enjoy knowing my partner(s) is/are coveted by others, and  they are happy and fulfilled... As long as everyone is honest about their feelings and their other relationships. 

There is no cheating in polyamoury, providing everyone communicates honestly. 

But when someone lies about other relationships it becomes something else entirely, something not polyamorous.

It hurts when a partner lies, no matter the dynamic - it hurts, sometimes more than we imagine it would. 

Be kind to each other, but most importantly - be honest!

Posted
Very well said & well written & I could not agree with it more. As someone who is also poly I have come across far too many people who cannot grasp the importance, or even necessity, for honesty & openness in such scenarios. So many times I've heard & had it said to me it's just a bit of fun & games. Yes it is fun & it is enjoyable, but the need to understand it is so much more than just that, & certainly not just a game, seems to elude so many. You can be hurt just as much in that dynamic as in any other relationship, as I too discovered more than once, even when I thought there was no chance I would feel that way come whatever. Echo your sentiments entirely & thank you for raising awareness of this.
Posted

I am not Poly nor would I necessarily be able to exit in a polyamorous relationship although I have never been presented with the option, so who knows.
What I do know, however, is that in every relationship honesty is important not least in D/s and I can also imagine that where multiple people are involved, the openness and honesty becomes so much more important. I like what you wrote and I can relate to it. Well said.