Vanilla dating apps

Lu****

Posted
Mine just has switch and DD at the bottom of it with a black heart
Posted
Well at the end of the day it all depends on what you want to accomplish with your statement.
If you don't mention kinks openly, there will always be people who think you're allergic to vanilla flavor foods, or that you like to play Dungeon Defenders on the Nintendo Switch. 😂
Posted
53 minutes ago, HeavyMetalChris said:
Mine just has switch and DD at the bottom of it with a black heart

I thought about the Hearts emojis but I don't think many people would know what the different colour represents

Posted
4 minutes ago, LunaMaeve said:

I thought about the Hearts emojis but I don't think many people would know what the different colour represents

Haha, that's me! I googled it, and neither Wikihow nor Cosmopolitan's definition matches: "Most often used ironically, the black heart is a symbol of deep, embarrassing, romantic love." 😜

Posted
7 minutes ago, LunaMaeve said:

Thing is though you're not looking for the vanilla people on there ( I assume) do anyone who actually is kinky should already understand what they mean

Posted
If you're not looking for vanilla people on there, then you may want to use actual wording that vanilla people can understand. Your words will then act as a gatekeeping filter.
Posted
I'm definitely not looking for vanilla people, they have to be at least alittle bit kinky or open minded
Posted
1 hour ago, arnhem961 said:

Haha, that's me! I googled it, and neither Wikihow nor Cosmopolitan's definition matches: "Most often used ironically, the black heart is a symbol of deep, embarrassing, romantic love." 😜

I Googled it too and the answers have been inconsistent, will be sticking to words

Posted
I've seen some people on okc explicitly stating something like "Only contact me if you are familiar with D/sub or DD/LG. I don't answer to vanilla. "
Posted
I’m on vanilla dating sites and I’ll use phrases that someone in the lifestyle will cue in on
1. Bonus points if you know what RACK stands for
2. Believe the man should lead the relationship
3. Vanilla belongs in the kitchen

It’s like any other “requirement “ for compatibility. You just have to look and chat
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
1 hour ago, RubMM96 said:
Have you heard of the BDSM triskelion/emblem?

Please share

Posted
6 hours ago, PillowPrincess1 said:

Please share

if you google triskelion you'll get  a lot of variations of the design

Posted
8 hours ago, PillowPrincess1 said:

Please share

https://www.dreamstime.com/illustration/bdsm-triskelion.html

https://fetjeweller.com/pages/about-the-bdsm-triskelion

Posted
15 hours ago, RubMM96 said:
Have you heard of the BDSM triskelion/emblem?

No but will look into now

Posted
On 2/11/2023 at 12:23 AM, LunaMaeve said:

I've decided to try a vanilla dating app.

Can I ask why?  What is it that kinky dating sites are missing?

Posted
9 minutes ago, UK_Knight said:

I'd guess exposure. Most people should have heard about Tinder, Grindr, OkCupid, Bumble, Badoo and the likes. To me, Fet is quite a niche.

Posted

Iv'e used a few vanilla dating apps, and you will find quite a few subtle hints in them if your really looking and reading and not just going off a profile picture.  There are more using nilla apps than people realise.

If your not afraid you can add a few subtle hints in your own profile description.  But like here, patience is a virtue.

Posted

IMHO I don't think you really need to be beating around the bush these days. Just be open and direct. If you just like the idea of being a bit subtle and a lil more low key/wanna be clever then sure, go that route, I just don't really think it's necessary.

Posted
3 hours ago, UK_Knight said:

For a couple of reasons I decided to join one...
1)bigger pool of potential people.
2)apart from FET and FL (which isn't specifically for dating) I don't know any other kinky sites/apps
3)I'm still very new in my kink exploration, I consider myself as vanilla with kink vs kink with vanilla.

Posted

Bigger pool but when you subset with an overlay of kink as a requirement is it now bigger or more sh*t to filter out?

I'm not knocking the approach, I just know from my own 'needle in a haystack' past, that I would much rather know the kink is there and find the other parts of a relationship that matter too, than start finding someone who so matches other parts but is missing the most vital (for me) part.  I have been there and still have (the very old t-shirt)

Posted
I'm treating it like a controlled science e experiment
Posted

I've had a profile on a well known dating site for years (on and off) I don't mention any kinks on there because I have face photos there (and a public facing job) surprisingly I've still managed to stumble upon several kinky folk or maybe they tripped over my profile and just took a chance? Still not found the 'right one' yet...