Vanilla dating apps

Lu****

Posted
I've decided to try a vanilla dating app.
I'm in two minds whether or not to add a discreet hint or a line to my profile that I'm not vanilla.

I'm posting to ask if anyone have ideas or suggestions of discreet hints

Those who have done it, what have been the overall response? Good or bad?
Posted

I was reading this topic earlier and it has a section about writing a vanilla profile and including little hints:

Posted
Oh man I’ve tried this and people don’t get the hint 😅
Posted
The people who are into it do get the hint. But it’s hot or miss and maddening. I won’t do it anymore.
Posted
I recently added ‘link’ amongst other interests and it’s had a good response, with some people commenting that they’re into it too. Go for it!
Posted
Just now, mindfulkink said:
I recently added ‘link’ amongst other interests and it’s had a good response, with some people commenting that they’re into it too. Go for it!

*kink

Posted
I added something about 'Not Vanilla' or so . I think that should do the trick. That is, assuming they actually read the profile.
Posted
Definitely! You’d be surprised at the amount that aren’t vanilla.
Definitely add a line with something like ‘not looking for vanilla’ etc.
HOWEVER, you do get people who think that means you like to be lightly chocked or after PG dirty talk.
You need to do some weeding out, but I think it’s worth it :)
Posted
I mean in general good for me but I live in an open-minded place. My only sorts weirdish experiences has only been with another dom who did work as professional and bassicly we just been joking with each other.
Posted

You will be surprised at how many will contact you if you do.  You will also get the thirsty looking for a quickie, but sift through the chaff.

Sometimes a word or two like "open minded and a little kink" in the profile descriptions helps.

Posted
I tried it once, a big highlighted sentence along the lines of "P.S, im not vanilla, im submissive. Ask for more details" ... most didnt see it or bother to read, kinda like any site lol
Posted
“I love ice cream. All flavors. Except vanilla”.

If you know, you know.
Posted
I put on mine that I’m not vanilla. I match with someone and get right to exactly what I’m looking for and either they are interested or they run the other way. It helps weed out the vanillas a little faster in my opinion.
Posted
Slide in a small D/s in the description(that’s what I have) if people actually read the profile. But for sure most people won’t or understand or ignore it. So you’ll have to do some weeding out. But won’t hurt to try
Posted

Okcupid is known for having thousands of questions for members to answer (you don`t have to answer any, but some are quite interesting to think about). One question is simply `are you kinky`? You can answer yes, no or a little. You can also add a comment on your answer, and even stress that this is an important issue for you.

Posted
21 hours ago, Ranchan95 said:

I was reading this topic earlier and it has a section about writing a vanilla profile and including little hints:

Where did you see this article?

Posted
20 hours ago, MichaelR22 said:
I added something about 'Not Vanilla' or so . I think that should do the trick. That is, assuming they actually read the profile.

That is also very true

Posted
34 minutes ago, LunaMaeve said:

Where did you see this article?

It was on my news feed

Posted
I haven't seen anything on mine I'll have a look around in the forum
Posted
I was thinking of adding one if these

Vanilla with extra sprinkles

If you know the meaning of D/s, let's have a chat.

Kinky /kink friendly
Posted
Vanilla as a term may be something that's lost in translation and/or ambiguous though. I am not a native English speaker, and the first time I encountered the term on a vanilla dating app, I actually thought they didn't like the flavor. If you're planning on saying "vanilla with extra sprinkles", I would def say that some people will think you're referring to icecream. :)
Posted
5 hours ago, arnhem961 said:
Vanilla as a term may be something that's lost in translation and/or ambiguous though. I am not a native English speaker, and the first time I encountered the term on a vanilla dating app, I actually thought they didn't like the flavor. If you're planning on saying "vanilla with extra sprinkles", I would def say that some people will think you're referring to icecream. :)

I would know that if they start telling me their favourite ice cream flavours 😂