Anyone else really self-conscious?

Posted
Yes things can be quite intimidating at times and I completely understand why you may feel the way you do.
Best way to look at it though is words on a screen - they can't hurt you, though may educate you, or give you a different perspective, but ultimately that's all they are - words on a screen from a stranger who doesn't know you personally, and if you're presenting the best possible you, and aren't being deliberately contentious or provocative, then a lot of the time the problem is not with you.
Posted
I probably wont post many photos of me ON my profile. I'm way too self-conscious and anxious.
Posted
11 minutes ago, Vgrimm said:
I probably wont post many photos of me ON my profile. I'm way too self-conscious and anxious.

I'm like that about approaching people on here and really exposing myself. I'm glad you are staying safe though. Sure you'll get what you want in due time from here

Posted
2 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

believe it or not.... yes 

Thank you for being honest. Got a lot of anxiety and it helps a lil bit knowing I ain't alone. Sure it helps others too knowing that

Posted
7 hours ago, Briansy said:

Had some bad experiences and get lots of anxiety whenever I try to post on here. Anyone else?

Yes!!! My first post is this!!!

Posted
Yeah I get really anxious when it comes to like getting naked. I think women want a muscular guy and I have been made fun of for years. I get anxious so much to the point where I just shutdown
Posted

100% I am 49 on screen off screen still get concerned. We all want to be accepted mentally and visually. Your not alone, problem is until someone is brave enough to make a post like this the majority of men stay in silence. All part of the big mental health issues we live with in today's world.

Posted
I also struggle with anxiety and being self- conscious… I’m trying to learn to love myself as I am. I think of it like this: we are better off knowing their true character from the start, rather than any time being wasted. If they can’t appreciate and accept you as you are, they simply don’t deserve you; in any capacity. They don’t deserve your headspace either.

I see that mainly guy’s commented on this; so keep your head up Kings! You are all worthy of being appreciated and valued for all that you are; mentally and physically💖
Posted
39 minutes ago, GirlyGirl2399 said:

I also struggle with anxiety and being self- conscious… I’m trying to learn to love myself as I am. I think of it like this: we are better off knowing their true character from the start, rather than any time being wasted. If they can’t appreciate and accept you as you are, they simply don’t deserve you; in any capacity. They don’t deserve your headspace either.

I see that mainly guy’s commented on this; so keep your head up Kings! You are all worthy of being appreciated and valued for all that you are; mentally and physically💖

I love this and totally agree! 

Posted (edited)

I do too. 

I try to remember that what people say is just "their" opinions. 

That is all.

I like different opinions I learn a lot that way. 

If their opinion hurts my feelings I take a second look myself. Do I need a little tightining up or something? (We all do)  

If I do not agree and they are just being a shithead then picture THEM shitting somewhere.  While they have the flu and the other end is puking In the toilet.  This usually gives  me a chuckle then I shake that shit off and walk away. But that is just me.

(It's  just the flu.  They recover and learn to be better people after feeling like death for 5 days)

If we were all the same why would we  even exist?

Somebody really does like you for who you are.  Inside and out. 

Those other guys...well, who cares.  They are assholes.  Why would anybody care what they think?

Edited by Surewhynot
Misspelling
Posted
34 minutes ago, Surewhynot said:

I do too. 

I try to remember that what people say is just "their" opinions. 

That is all.

I like different opinions I learn a lot that way. 

If their opinion hurts my feelings I take a second look myself. Do I need a little tightining up or something? (We all do)  

If I do not agree and they are just being a shithead then picture THEM shitting somewhere.  While they have the flu and the other end is puking In the toilet.  This usually gives  me a chuckle then I shake that shit off and walk away. But that is just me.

(It's  just the flu.  They recover and learn to be better people after feeling like death for 5 days)

If we were all the same why would we  even exist?

Somebody really does like you for who you are.  Inside and out. 

Those other guys...well, who cares.  They are assholes.  Why would anybody care what they think?

Everyone here has been very supportive thank you all so much. It isn't easy for me to get better into this as much as getting involved in this lifestyle sounds wonderful it can feel hopeless or Intimidating often. Yo guys help turn that around.

Posted

Glad if I helped you feel better in any way. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Surewhynot said:

Glad if I helped you feel better in any way. 

Well yes you have sir. Changed my limits on this app. Actually told somebody no because I wasn't comfortable with something and don't feel like I missed out. You and everyone on here put in a lot of words and effort to express yourselves thank you

Posted
8 hours ago, Apprentice73 said:

100% I am 49 on screen off screen still get concerned. We all want to be accepted mentally and visually. Your not alone, problem is until someone is brave enough to make a post like this the majority of men stay in silence. All part of the big mental health issues we live with in today's world.

I think part of the issue is this. A women posts a picture it gets 2000 likes. A man posts a picture it gets maybe 10?

Complementing men isn't exactly normalized, Most of us can count on one hand the number of times we've received one from someone other than a sexual partner, And with that comes anxiety. "Am I attractive enough to be found desirable?"

Then another issue pops up, women uncomfortable giving a compliment for *** of it being seen as a advance, And you better believe there's a sigma in male social circles about commenting on each other's attractiveness.

Hopefully someday that'll change. But currently that's just the way it is.

Posted

Very much all of this. 

I LOVE giving compliments. I feel a big way about positive affirmations and that everyone deserves them. It can be a struggle sometimes due to some of the very things you've said. 

When women complement men it's often taken as an invitation of a sort other than possibly friendly conversation. Some women even react in weird ways when complemented by another woman because they also recieve it as a come on of sorts *or* they're waiting for some sort of catty mean girl bullshit. 

This thread, however, has motivated me to continue to go ahead and give the complement vs. only saying it in my head. ☺️