Dom space?

Chilled321

Posted

So we all know and talk about "sub-space" ...... 

Is there such a thing (term) as dom-space?

There's something that I find hard to explain.

Posted
There is such a thing as Dom space and an internet search will bring up lots of sites that give reasons why Doms experience such a thing. This is another reason why, after a session, aftercare is an important thing as it helps both Dominant and submissive emotionally and mentally. Dom drop is also another thing…but that’s an entirely different forum post
Posted
I've never heard of 'Dom space' and have never experienced anything comparable to subspace as a Dominant or Top. My playmates typically enjoy subspace as a floaty, mellow sensation; as someone with considerable power and responsibility over them I could never afford to lose control like that and am careful never to lose focus. Dom drop, however, is not uncommon.
Posted
Medically speaking, sub space is shock (and the aftercare is the same).

Dom space is flow state. (Look it up on wiki).
Posted
Dom space exists. For me, it's a hyper focus on my sub during a season, carefully watching how she reacts to stimuli as she drops into sub space.
I was made aware of my state by a very experienced Dom who was DM for a public session at a club. He could tell I was totally focused on her and commended me after for making the sub the number one priority.
So yes, it's real.
Posted
Yes it happens. Not the same as subs obviously. But need a real connection and a tense session.
Posted
My Dom space mostly happens when I see my partner or other subs grow from my tutelage
Posted
In psychology terms it is called a “flow state”.

“The mental state in which a person performing some activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity.”

It certainly exists and it’s fucking amazing.
Posted

"Flow state" I understand, although I've never linked it to any kind of sexual activity, we experience it in sports etc

Like sub-conciously doing something, muscle memory, natural reactions.

Maybe it's just lustful *** instinct that I'm trying to describe, an overwhelming urgent desire.

Posted
Absolutely there is!
Iv been there many times and its normally before i cum or try not to
Posted
3 hours ago, Chilled321 said:

"Flow state" I understand, although I've never linked it to any kind of sexual activity, we experience it in sports etc

Like sub-conciously doing something, muscle memory, natural reactions.

Maybe it's just lustful *** instinct that I'm trying to describe, an overwhelming urgent desire.

Subconscious reactions and muscle memory are what flow state is all about. Your mind quiets because your body knows what to do without having to think about it.

That second part you describe sounds more like a primal state of mind. Or just being really horny.

Posted
Yup, I call it the fog and it’s the most beautiful state of mind
Posted
8 minutes ago, Metalsinbox said:
Yup, I call it the fog and it’s the most beautiful state of mind

Not a bad analogy. When I feel it, it’s like everything on the periphery is in a fog and inconsequential. The person before me and what we’re doing is the only thing that is clear, and the only thing in the world that matters in that moment.

Posted
Yeah of course! I even have different kinds of Domspace and subspaces
Sometimes my domspace leans toward the sadistic end of things and other days I just want to be a soft dom!
Same little subspace
Sometimes I want to be a service sub other times I just want to be a little
  • 3 months later...
Posted
Happened few times. Best feeling ever. Quite draining afterwards though. Low is very low unfortunately. So be aware.
Posted

Definitely, personally with me it can be quite noticeable to others based on my body language, or as they might refer to it, aura. I feel much more calm, self-assured, confident and am completely focused on the sub, every part of them, my voice changes, some have said it's like I become a different person, but it's simply something that is extremely comfortable to me.