Building bonds

Queen_Zen133

Queen_Zen133
Posted

I hate the strictly "business only" vibe. I can't connect with a sub unless I can CONNECT with them. 

For clarification, I mean I need a sub that can hold a conversation outside of the kink. Too many people seem to be looking for a quick orgasm anymore, and no one seems to enjoy getting to know each other, or the actual bond that forms between domme and sub. 

Does anyone else feel similar? I miss making the kind of connections I've made with some of my long term subs. 

Posted
There are certainly those looking for a quick fix or a kink dispenser who aren't interested in anything more but there are also those who are looking for something more of a connection.
Nothing wrong with either approach so long as all are in agreement - so really the answer to your question is the key is finding those you are compatible with in that respect as well as others.
Personally I couldn't submit to anyone without a degree of connection and feeling submissive to them - without that they're not a dominant for me.
Posted
On the flip side of this. I'm keen to experience submission but have absolutely no desire to do so for a quick fix, I'm drawn to something more meaningful. Based on my experience so far it's a tough nut to crack for both parties. I guess we've all got to keep the faith and carry on looking for the right partner. Good luck!
Posted
I completely agree and not just in subbing. I mean like all the way around it’s hard to find anybody who actually wants to make a connection even if it’s short term.
Posted
It seems everyone wants to say they want connection but the second you ask a question to build upon knowing what their interests or needs are people just dip out. We chit chat a lot on here and the second you even compliment someone it seems they run for the hills. Like geez, what did you expect to find? I don't know how a connection can be made without at least some type of partially intimate conversation at some point. If I was wanting to talk vanilla I'd be on Facebook instead. Just saying.
Posted
4 hours ago, Queen_Zen133 said:

I hate the strictly "business only" vibe. I can't connect with a sub unless I can CONNECT with them. 

For clarification, I mean I need a sub that can hold a conversation outside of the kink. Too many people seem to be looking for a quick orgasm anymore, and no one seems to enjoy getting to know each other, or the actual bond that forms between domme and sub. 

Does anyone else feel similar? I miss making the kind of connections I've made with some of my long term subs. 

Ohuhh GEEZ! Absolutely! If I can't sit there across the table and have a simple cup of coffee with you and be able to have normal conversation? Then honestly, I don't want to deal with you in any other way is how I look at it.

Posted
1 hour ago, ShibariDielkes said:
It seems everyone wants to say they want connection but the second you ask a question to build upon knowing what their interests or needs are people just dip out. We chit chat a lot on here and the second you even compliment someone it seems they run for the hills. Like geez, what did you expect to find? I don't know how a connection can be made without at least some type of partially intimate conversation at some point. If I was wanting to talk vanilla I'd be on Facebook instead. Just saying.

Frankly, i don't see the need to discuss anything kink here, at least not on a personal level putside the forums.
First and foremost, I am looking for a connection/spark, call it what you will. That's never going to be based on anything kink.
For me, any conversation re kink comes after a degree of vetting here/elsewhere etc and after meeting.
I have no desire to hold any form of conversation whatsoever about kink until I know there's something more than that going on.

Posted

having a good connection is important - but if this is in terms of kink it risks kink being the only thing you have in common

even where kink is a big part of someone's relationship it's only going to be a small part of the overall relationship.  

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
On 4/12/2023 at 7:39 PM, Queen_Zen133 said:

No connection/communication no deal for me. 

Posted (edited)

On 4/13/2023 at 12:32 AM, CopperKnob said:

Frankly, i don't see the need to discuss anything kink here, at least not on a personal level putside the forums.
First and foremost, I am looking for a connection/spark, call it what you will. That's never going to be based on anything kink.
For me, any conversation re kink comes after a degree of vetting here/elsewhere etc and after meeting.
I have no desire to hold any form of conversation whatsoever about kink until I know there's something more than that going on.

Completely agree, sir.

Edited by EloquentDCB
Posted
38 minutes ago, EloquentDCB said:

Completely agree, sir.

Errr think you'll find that'll be Miss not Sir 😉

Posted
16 minutes ago, CopperKnob said:

Damn my username 😂😂😂

Oops, lol and apologies, dear lady x (one really should be more observant, and 'CopperKnob?' 🥵🤗)

Posted
On 5/2/2023 at 11:29 AM, EloquentDCB said:

and 'CopperKnob?'

You gotta speak etymological British. :smirk: "Knob" actually means "head", which only later became a euphemism. Her name basically just reads "redhead" but, you know, cooler.

Posted
6 hours ago, Setrion said:

You gotta speak etymological British.  "Knob" actually means "head", which only later became a euphemism. Her name basically just reads "redhead" but, you know, cooler.

The only person in 2yrs whose 'got it'!

Posted
I personally need that connection to have conversation the getting to know someone having a laugh together after a session it builds up a dom/sub relationship and makes for more exciting future sessions
Posted
May 7, CopperKnob said:

The only person in 2yrs whose 'got it'!

Ahem just because someone doesn't comment on it doesn't mean they don't "get it" 🤣😂

Posted
3 hours ago, gemini_man said:

Ahem just because someone doesn't comment on it doesn't mean they don't "get it" 🤣😂

2 people, that's 1 a year, I'm on a roll 😂

Posted

I'll never live this down.. Me being a particularly passionate admirer of Copper Knobs everywhere, makes it all the more embarrassing :gimp:

• 3 weeks later...
QueenMistress
Posted
On 4/12/2023 at 2:39 PM, Queen_Zen133 said:

Agreed. I've been on the struggle bus trying to connect with subs and make real connections. They tend to off load their every desire like a kinky trash dump. If I respond with any sort of humanity, they immediately run for the hills and disappear. So few men treat this as more than a dirty secret which I find disheartening. It's hard to take anyone seriously.