Young and curious about BDSM lifestyle

DeathByCuriosity

DeathByCuriosity
Posted (edited)

I am an 18 year old female filled with curiosity about the BDSM lifestyle. I have only ever read books of fiction about BDSM and am looking for experienced and trustworthy people to have informative conversations with. I honestly have no idea how any of this works outside of what I have read which I understand were books mostly based solely on the figments of someone’s imagination. I really just want to learn more about the lifestyle in general, and find out if there are opportunities for someone my age to meet open and experienced people to talk with once I go to college in the fall. I understand that there can be people who do not practice the lifestyle safely, and was wondering if anyone had any tips for someone as young as I am to go about learning this sort of thing in a safe manner? 

Edited by DeathByCuriosity
Posted

first off - I think it's responsible to look at ways of doing things safely and being aware that there are some who are unsafe (because of their knowledge, arrogance or disregard) so the more you know how to do the activities etc. that interest you safely, the more chance of knowing when something isn't right.

Always be ware of those trying to jump on threads to hit on you when you're finding feet - it's good to be eager and wanting to get started but you have your whole life in front of you 

"how it works" can vary so much from one relationship to another, if nothing else.  A lot of people get hung up on assorted "twue way" and it's amazing how many people are unhappy with this (although, many are happy)

your local area will likely have munches (socials/meets) and events (parties/play events) attending munches is a good way to make friends and boost knowledge.  It might be that you build up trust and this leads to something, or it might be it just helps share ideas and enrich your knowledge

Reading is also good - there's a lot of reading material on this website - and assorted blogs, youtube vids, etc. in existence - what I would say is ultimately remember a lot of resources are just one persons opinion : so I always recommend getting info from a mix of sources.    This can help you decide what works for you and strengthen any messages you get.

Posted
Bdsm really is fun. It has two eliments to it, bondage as in cuff, ropes, restraints etc. Sadom masachism as in spanking, caning, paddles gor punishment. You could start with bondage, just using stockings and tights. Bdsm is all about trusting the Dom or Domme you are playing with.
Lookingforcunttodegr
Posted
Inbox me !
Posted
As usual @eyemblacksheep has the basic answered covered. Also sticking on this site, asking questions & looking at other questions & answers that people have put on the forum will help. And there are many many sides to BDSM not just two. If you look in the magazine section those articles cover a great deal about what you may or may not like. Be prepared to change you mind over time about what you do & don’t want to try & remember that No means No. just because you are new, don’t be bullied into doing something you don’t want to. This is ‘your’ path & a new exciting adventure lies ahead. Whether you become a Domme or a sub or a switch or a little etc etc only do what you are comfortable doing. Like Eyem says, be careful of those trying to jump onto your threads to draw you in & never go off site onto WhatsApp, Kik etc to talk until you know someone well enough. Remember that whatever path you go down communication & respect are key.
Posted
First of all trust no one when you first start chatting,many claim to be this and that but a lot if the time it's complete rubbish.Do not give away any personal details until you start to build trust,safety first my dear.Do research online if you don't understand certain phrases or abbreviations.Its obvious your into kink but finding out what you truly like and what turns you on can take time,years sometimes.We are born this way and at least you seem to realise your different to vanilla folk which is a bonus,embrace what you are and remember it's about having fun.x
Posted
We're a poly D/s couple.... We'd be happy to train you
Posted

I am too, new to the BDSM community. Really need a mentor right now. 

Nicky-7400
Posted

Hey im new here.. i suggest you to find some guy who thinks in the same way as u do