Limited gender options

Al****

Posted
When I set up my profile I was frustrated to see the lack of gender options to identify as. Does anyone else wish that there were more specific labels, i.e. Trans Woman, Transmasc? I don't like how Trans is supposed to be an umbrella term for all trans folks, because it's not my whole identity. I'm a trans woman, and I considered changing my gender tag to woman to reflect this but that's not a complete representation of my identity either. I decided to just put my pronouns and gender ID in my bio so as to more accurately express myself and how I would like to be perceived.
Posted

Hey, you are absolutely right and we are very sorry for only offering this limited amount of gender identities. Currently, our software doesn't support more than 5 options so we did our best to come up with the ones that would probably appeal to most people. 

Of course, in the future, we'd like to include as many options as possible so that everyone can feel more included. 

Thank you for the patience and it's a great alternative to specify your gender in the profile description in the meantime!