Let’s Talk Lube, Med ED

Pat334

Posted (edited)

Lube, lube, glorious lube. You can never get enough… or can you. I’ll ramble on…

Obviously, lube is amazing. I love it and keep a bottle on my nightstand every time that I decide to do the horizontal tango any penetration at all should definitely involve lube. But did you know there are more benefits than just comfort? Especially when it comes to anal penetration, and I know this is set a lot, but lube is vital. When it makes everything slippery smooth, it not only increases comfort, but also prevents damage. But how you ask? I’m happy to answer.

Essentially, anal penetration causes pleasure by the friction of a toy or other object against your lower, intestinal tract. This is great, it feels amazing. But that friction can cause damage the same way rubbing your hands together causes heat, the friction in your lower intestines can cause heat, calluses, and incredible amounts of damage to the very sensitive villi, which absorb all of the water in your excrement. Some studies even suggest that in men, it is linked to a higher rate of prostate cancer, and although correlation and causation have not been proven, nor have other studies been able to replicate the results, it is better to be safe than sorry. Your gut is also a haven for bacteria that are very sensitive, and if those bacteria are destroyed through heat, or basically rubbed off, that can lead to a vast variety of medical issues (google c-diff for what happens when your gut has no bacteria). 

if you’re here, you probably already know the differences between silicone and water-based lube. Everybody has their own preference, and I recommend having a bottle of each because different circumstances require different tools. Some people might be allergic to the ingredients of one lube, while another might not make them comfortable and then, of course, there’s a whole discussion on flavored and temperature lubes. I’ll leave that for another day. 

One big thing I did want to talk about is why silicon lube is bad for toys. It is common knowledge that you should not use silicon lube on silicon toys. But why? Well, the silicon in the lube can alter the structure of the silicon in the toy. This can cause a change in texture, but most importantly, it can create a surface that is much more difficult, or even impossible to sterilize. Even if you’re using the same toy only for one person, you definitely don’t want your fermented seasoning’s going back inside you. Definitely not good. In addition, there is the possibility, as shown in studies, that micro plastics and remnants of that silicon from the toy, can be left inside of you, as opposed to the silicon, which is designed to be safely discarded by your body, like silicone in lube. 

Basically, be safe, be smart, use, lube, and keep it horny. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, and I’ll answer them as best I can

Edited by Pat334
Punctuation
Posted
5 hours ago, Pat334 said:

if you’re here, you probably already know...

After many various interactions on here I don't think it's a good idea to assume everyone knows things.

Posted
21 hours ago, Worlduzi said:

are u into medfet

Not at all haha, I get too much of that at work, I just like thinking out loud 

Posted
21 hours ago, ThaliaVirago said:

After many various interactions on here I don't think it's a good idea to assume everyone knows things.

Honestly that’s a hard fact 😂 

Posted
@Pat334 That’s why I always use condoms over any toys I use on Myself or on others, you never know how reactant to a toy one could be.
Posted
1 hour ago, 1BlondeBombshell said:

@Pat334 That’s why I always use condoms over any toys I use on Myself or on others, you never know how reactant to a toy one could be.

Also wise if you're sharing toys. 

Posted

Well I’ve been playing for well over 30 years. I’ve tried just about every different lube out there. I love J-lube, but it’s messy and a bit of a faff to prepare. I’d definitely use that for a really good fisting session. It’s best mixed up with a blender, with a good dollop of aqueous cream with it, which helps to stop it drying out so quickly, and it also reduces the crazy stringiness of it.

These sachets of “silky” lube really aren’t that good and they can leave you feeling sore and irritated. I just don’t use them anymore.

Proprietary lubes such as Durex lube is ok, but it can be a bit sticky. KY Jelly has been around since Adam was a lad, and yeah, it’s ok, but really? Meh…

My everyday go-to lube for anal play is Tresemmé hair conditioner. Yes, really! It’s cheap, readily available, smells pleasant, it’s easy to clean up and it’s non allergenic. It stays where you put it (as in “between the cheeks, not on the sheets”) and as it’s water based, it’s kind to toys, including silicone ones. As I don’t own a vagina, I couldn’t comment on it’s suitability for such an orifice, but it’s certainly very good for bottoms!

Body shop body butter is lovely stuff for intimate times. It massively reduces friction and improves sensitivity. It seems to be kind to both anal and vaginal orifices.

Baby oil is just amazing, but it’s not easy to clean up and will probably end up leaving you with thrush. Not nice. Best not used internally.