Dom Space

Al****

Posted
Hi, I've been a dom for about 5 years and recently I've noticed that sometimes when I do scenes with my sub I get in this weird state of mind where I'm hypnotized but at the same time completely focused on what I'm doing during our scene. It got me wondering if there is a thing such as dom space since no one really talks about it (help me out please I'm kinda confused and worried)
Posted
Domspace is to Doms what subspace is to subs, with a few key differences. Domspace is an altered state of mind that a Dominant person may feel during a BDSM scene. The main difference between subspace and Domspace is that Domspace is described as intense, with amplified sensations and a kind of out-of-body experience. Meanwhile, subspace has been described as a euphoric kind of “high” or a trance-like state.
Posted

there's been a few posts on Dom Space just recently

there are differences between whatever-space and subspace (although some similarities)

Basically during play, especially *** play, the body releases endorphins to help with the *** and they are what leads to (what is known as) subspace - and they are addictive so the withdrawal of these is (what is known as) sub drop

there are other elements of subspace/subdrop unrelated to that - which do tie in with Dom/whatever space

Firstly you're obviously in an environment/situation that gets adrenaline pumping and that is a big part - and also the more you focus on your partner, the play, the in-the-moment the more you are in what some would call Dom Space - also the element of having so much power and control over someone can contribute to it. 

Posted

Yes, I would consider it a way to exert maximum responsibility during a scene; Dom space helps me focus and helps me stay calm even if I'm worried that I may have given too much ***, though it has been a long time since I've dealt with that. People have told me that it is visible in my face when I gain that focus, though I'd say there's a small distinction between the initial pull towards it, which I might have even outside of scenes if I think about Dom space, in comparison to the complete submersion into the scene. In my day-to-day life I have trouble concentrating, but in Dom space the only things on my mind are my sub's enjoyment and safety.