Tips for Profile Pictures

gr****

Posted
Being new is sometimes hard, especially in a whole new culture, like the kinkdom of fetish. That is where *you* come in, fellow traveller, to advise the ill-advised and provide guidance to the newbies.

Does anyone have tips for taking a good picture without showing your face on here ?
From what I can tell, it's about hiding or blurring the face and somehow looking friendly after the process is done
Posted
I took a photo from my pictures, zoomed in, took a screenshot and uploaded it on here, if that helps. But you shouldnt have to hide :)
Posted
i just took a picture from the last time i decided to hop on a flight and thats my profile picture
Posted
Fet is a place to be free, not to cower and hide. Let go of that *** that shames you, be proud of who you are. Be you!
Posted
I like to be authentic but somewhat concealed. So that, when someone sees you in person, you look like your photo but with more detail. Never try to deceive or hide. Authenticity is is the sauce for sexy.
Posted
Anonymity is debatable, obscure a bit if you need but show the thing most people are going to want to see. Offer to show your face if things get more serious about meeting/whatever via your profile, if you like. But the better the picture, the better you’ll do
Posted
I don't like to blur my face, not keen on how it looks. Try a body shot or partial face. Angles are your friend. Take a video and experiment, then screenshot the good ones.
Posted
Thank you a lot all of you, you're all really helpful! I'm definitely keeping these tips in mind - I love this community so far
Posted
Have some decent ones of you in the hidden gallery. I personally don’t chat to people unless I can see who they are. I struggle to connect with them and trust them.
Posted

I avoid anyone who hides or blurs their face.

This is a site that you can set to have only members see all pics. So if someone you don't want to see... does see. Then they're on here too. 

For me someone being authentic is showing their face. Who they are and a well written bio and information that makes them appealing. 

Many people are the same. Only shallow people after a fast fuck, I tend to notice, approach people based off physical features. 

Sure that happens when someone has their face up, but for me people who don't show a face, I assume aren't serious about the lifestyle, have something to hide or have shame. And I won't give them a second look in. 

That's just me. 

Posted (edited)

Yes, @Jeneral_Whore  Love that. "That's just me." Right? And so is the reason I enjoy this space. Everyone can feel that way - even if you wanna hide something...

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted
5 hours ago, GuyPatrick said:

Yes, @Jeneral_Whore  Love that. "That's just me." Right? And so is the reason I enjoy this space. Everyone can feel that way - even if you wanna hide something...

They sure can and each to their own. They will just never ever be people I will call close or a friend or have any interest in. As I said, I would be more inclined to avoid those who conceal, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be here. As long as they're not hurting anyone ofc.

Posted
Welcome, I’ve also new. It’s about showing how much you’re comfortable with. Maybe leave out the head and do a full body instead. When you become more comfortable maybe add more.
Posted
As someone with a very public-facing job in a relatively small city, I don’t show my face in publicly viewable pics. I know a lot of folks with certain jobs who do not want to run the risk of being fired or losing clients, etc because they were discovered to be on this site.
Do what works for you. If you can’t show your face, use something that shows your personality.
Posted

I see your point, @MinnesotaMinx. And, reveals can come in many forms. Sometimes the least obvious ones can produce the most heightened response; even just below the surface can lurk sensual beauty that the facade cannot reveal...

Posted
Thanks again all of you!! I decided upon lightly blurring my photo in the end, all of your help was appreciated.
Posted
1 hour ago, grenoble988 said:

Thanks again all of you!! I decided upon lightly blurring my photo in the end, all of your help was appreciated.

that looks great.  

seems to tick the boxes you wanted - and doesn't seem to impersonal 

Posted

I use this summer's vacation photo. Yes, in in a wheelchair but you will figure that out sooner or later.

YorkshireBiker
Posted

I did start with a profile picture with my face in it but a few conversations I’ve had on here involved talking about my wife and I didn’t want anyone she knows to stumble across it. That’s why I’ve put my face behind a privacy wall. If I end up chatting to someone and it a trust builds up then that’s a different matter. 

Posted

I think in the world of online dating and especially in BDSM it is very important to be yourself. Open truthful honesty  is what will win in the end, anything else is fake and should be removed at all costs. The same goes with filters to change your face or figure. When the day comes to finally meet your potential partner, it's would be good to look like your picture so no one gets let down by deception. Be true, be authentic, be honest, and be your real self.