Why Fet.com is losing female members

Sp****

Posted

This is a bit of a rant but very important so please read!!!

I think we have a real issue in this community which is causing us to lose lots of female members. It has become way too easy to question whether someone is a fake profile. I don’t think you need to be a genius to work out a fake. Most of them claim to be British or more normally American and you can tell that English is not their first language. Their profile looks like it has been written by a character from 70’s sitcom “Mind your Language “ So my issue is, after conversations with several lady members who were clearly genuine, a problem occurs when some chump or other probably gets the brush off after being rude or sending an unsolicited dick pic and decides to report them as a fake profile. I have no idea what Fet.com’s vetting process is for checking a profile, but it seems to be a vortex from which these ladies never return. It has clearly become far too easy to get angry after a rebuff and then get even by getting someone excluded from the site. Something needs to be done to stop this revenge reporting or we will lose genuine members and that can only hurt this community in the long run.

ok rant over please feel free to comment and help stop this practice continuing!!

Posted

there's a number of reasons someone might be asked to verify - but verifying an account as a real user is fairly easier.

Posted

Thank you for responding Fetmod but I have spoken to members that I absolutely know that they aren’t fake and after undergoing your process have never returned to the community again so clearly something is going wrong somewhere!!

Posted

Every report is double checked from support and we fully comply with current laws. It can happen that during the decision making process, sometimes false positives occur due to the nature of human involvement.

If someone feels that his/her account was wrongly challenged or the fake check was falsely denied. He/she should contact the support and the decision will be reviewed again.

I hope this helps a little, thanks for your understanding and sorry that I can't go more into detail but rest assured in the end weeding out the fakes helps increase the quality of the entire Fetish.com community.

Posted

I've reported profiles to no end for being fake or having no photo/profile verification and they are still here. If you wanna weed out the fakes a profile verification should be done as soon as they sign up in my opinion not waiting for someone to report them for being fake!! 

Posted

Totally agree lil M that is the perfect answer to the problem. That should be implemented immediately for everyone’s sake.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Fetish need numbers hence they leave fake and dormant profiles onto their website. When you look who’s into the chat room you clearly see that the numbers doesn’t add up. I tested some profiles and message them month ago, since then no activities at all into their accounts. Now and then another profiles from the same area is created then vanish again 🤔

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted

is the "vanish again" not because they've been removed ?

This thread seems to simultaneously attack the site for being too strict and not strict enough.

Posted

There are loads of fake profiles very recently joined up at 20 and counting. 

Posted

I wasn’t attacking the site Eyem it was more the ability of disgruntled members who didn’t get the response they wanted from lady members to question their validity and put them in a process from which most never return to the site!! That was more my issue not the site itself!

• 4 months later...
Posted
Ok!!! So now I really do have an issue and it gives me no pleasure to say I told you so but I ***y told you so!!!! Pixie dust who is probably one of the most active members on this site has been asked to verify her profile!!! How the ***y hell can the site need to check if she’s real?? She talks to everyone, she helps and gives advice, she’s given away crazy amounts of globes from the treasure hunt and yet is having to prove herself at this moment and not participate in the community that she so obviously loves. GET HER BACK ON HERE NOW FET!!!! Or you might find the rest of us disappear to support her and stop this stupid practice of letting disgruntled idiots questioning lady members who don’t respond in the way they require!!!
Posted

Part of the problem is, due to being a small site, they have to use computers/servers in other countries, at least one of which is a known problem country for a high level of fraudulent activity,and then there is the file sharing that occurs with *** sites, hence in my case I've found a high level of predominantly American women who seem to think this a "normal" dating site, whether they're genuine or not is another site, on the dick pic thing surely there's a way of filtering these out for members who don't wish to receive then,

Posted

Women are leaving the site because men don't know how to talk to them or approach them appropriately. 

I've encountered fake male profiles, and lots of male profiles that are very thinly presented and featuring the old strawman avatar. I don't see female profiles with the strawman. Some couples, yes, but most females put in the effort to present a decent picture of themselves.