How can we make sure women feel safe in an online community?

purplepie

Posted
By all of us being normal human beings maybe? And looking out for those who have trouble with that concept and stepping in if something seems wrong?
Posted
Teach the women how to look for. Things that are red flags and about (vetting/ basic dating). Red flags are things different for each women. However there are some common ones like overly obsessive. That is a red flag in general unless it’s your kink.
Posted
I’m always willing to show my id and test results when we meet. But honestly never been asked for it
Posted
I do strongly believe in the process of vetting and start easy, never share age, location, you don't need to know which street I live straight off the bat. First meeting strictly non sexual and in a public place the busier the better.
And still is not ever enough. Oh and if someone too pushy, red flag.
Posted
Why can’t the same be said about submissive men online?
Posted
That is a tough thing to figure out. The best thing to do without making private conversations modded is have a good report and block system while also trying to educate men on proper conversation ediquite but at the end of the day it’s a thing that is hard to control and sucks it is even a thing that should even come up as a problem.
Posted
I have asked for a chat group for female Dommes to support each other. Maybe another one for female subs? I’m sure we can moderate them between us. Or we could have one chat for female Dommes and subs?

I find it helpful to be able to do “no thanks and hide” to stop people contacting me who I don’t want further contact from.

I also find the message filters in “who can write me” are helpful to prevent people I don’t want making contact with me.

I have reported guys who are obviously fake or plain nasty and they have been dealt with and removed so I have faith in the admin.

I use the “invisible” button so people can’t see me checking them out but I don’t think it works. I think everyone can see me whether it’s on or off to be honest 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m interested to see what other people feel would help too. Particularly younger females who may not have the same confidence levels as us older ones 😆
Posted
How can we make sure men feel safe as well as women in an online community, women want equality so here it is
Posted
Make it female led- place women as watchdog volunteers. RESPOND to reports etc etc
Posted
Everyone has to be vetted by pic and name and the only way a in depth conversation between two adults one of them must request it and they go off line
Posted
Here’s another thought. A question for management - when you created this app did you intend for it to be just a place for prostitutes and only fans creators to get free advertising or did you hope for real kinksters to connect ? This app is exactly what Fet Life lacks. I really like it’s functionality etc. but I don’t like the way you *** me to wade through people who are thousands of miles away and set me up for romance scams.
Posted
It’s sad that we even have to have this discussion. No woman should be made to feel unsafe whether online or in real life
Posted
One thing I have noticed in a lot of the profile I've seen is that some women have had some sort of *** done to them in the past so maybe when you have people do a profile you could filter said profile through either the police website against *** or some similar website and make it so that users have to put a profile pic
Posted
As a man I am not the expert on this and I would love to hear what people have to say.
Posted
No, this is the truth. Some people don’t want to understand that women are people 2 and, especially on this kind of apps, they see them as sexual objects. Hope you find the ones that don’t see women as sexual objects and see you as a human
Posted

I refuse to meet anyone, men or women for the first few times if they don't have any safety measures in place. It's so easy just to let a trusted party know where you are or what you are doing. Knowing that my partner is not scared for their safety when we meet is a great comfort for me and allows me to relax and not worry that they are too stressed to enjoy themselves. 

Posted
You can’t. No one can feel safe online. Plus this is a sex site. Everyone is going to lie. So many fakes here.
Posted
By treating women with respect and involving them right from the start in the creation of any online community: consulting with them about their needs and concerns, asking them about their experiences, and listening to their ideas on how an online community site can be improved (such as properly dealing with abusive and threatening messages etc). Then acting on above with effective measures. And then you will find that once the community is better for women, it will be better for everyone.

At least asking the right question here is a positive first step.

But I suspect you already knew all this already, without my rather condescending post.
Posted
The obstacle is navigating a solution around the fact that most people don't care. An uncomfortable realization but certain. My advise is to educate yourself by calibrating behaviors, learn from them or simply connect with people organically, in public.
Posted
I wonder if a system like what Bumble has would help?
Posted
Bring awareness to ways that they are *** online. Start from there.
Posted
If the context is the kink community, I'd say there should be strict rules and moderation. In my view, men should know how to behave. It's so creepy how men tend to push their fantasies onto us and objectify us women.The kink community is supposed to be a kink positive place but it doesn't mean you can comment on disgusting, stupid stuff on someone's post. If a woman says "no, thank you" then it's a no and for fuck sake just move on. No need to beg or throw some insults just because their masculine ego got hurt.