Kinky hand signs?

NotThatDusty

Posted
No but there is a kink symbol. It’s a Triskele with the three dots.
Posted
Pretty cool idea for a universal sign for that, would need a community poll for something like that
Posted
The couple I had 3some and I found found their Facebook ID that by chance came in front of me but I never told anyone or tried to contact with them to respect their privacy.
Posted
Cool idea, though in practice I don’t know how we would agree on what gestures to make. 
Posted
Think you'll find most people (apart from those who are truly "out" about their lifestyle perhaps, and even they would I suspect have their concerns) would be averse to the idea of any kind of recognised symbolism like this - for the pure and simple fact that it wouldn't take long for it to become "known" to all and sundry and with that would come those who won't think twice about pestering and worse.
Posted
We've already got text talk which is bad enough, I dont think we need to start cutting shapes with our hands ..
Posted
In Portland Oregon they have patches that you can attach to your purse, jacket or anything else you wear or carry around..
It’s an *** 🐾 paw print
Posted
If you got to know that bad just walk over and ask them like people are supposed to do
Posted
Google BDSM Triskelion it's what I've used for years, have a tattoo on my forearm and the gas mask filter is a triskelion, also have several pins, one on my backpack, etc. in 20 years though, I've only had maybe 3 people recognize and approach me about it
Posted
Personally I want this as a tee-shirt ..... no idea how to add a photo but its :

the upside down pineapple with "vanilla is for ice cream" around it
Posted
22 hours ago, jantellulater said:
In Portland Oregon they have patches that you can attach to your purse, jacket or anything else you wear or carry around..
It’s an *** 🐾 paw print

Kind of like the claw stripes of the fet app! That’d be neat!

Posted
I’m personally fond of the leather flag though tbf it is more specific than this in terms of community
Posted

so, no - there's no kinky hand signs

I guess if there were - that you didn't know about them would also risk the other person not knowing - and even if you have a visible motif (be it... triskilon, polyamory/infinity symbol, polyam pride flag, kink pride flag, etc) then it's again drawing attention without looking like a weird in a bar.

there's a young lady I used to see on occasion on public transport who had the polyamory/infinity symbol tattooed on her wrist - but, in most cases, is there an appropriate time to say something.  Lifestyle or not, they were out having dinner. 

Posted
Also, don't forget hankie code, which was a gay leather/leather community common way to tell each other we were kinky and what type of kink we were looking for. It's basically a colored hankie ("flag") hanging from the pocket, with the color, left/right side, and front/back pocket meanings; color indicated kink, left/right indicated top/bottom in activities, and front/back indicated cruising for or just into.
Posted

the hankie code is a good example in the sense that it was popular in the 70s and 80s - but kinda - died down for a few reasons 

that on one side both the rise of internet/social media - and - the increased availability of gay/kink spaces 

but that also, the general public became more aware of hankie code which could cause negative reactions - especially during the HIV/AIDS outbreak

Posted

There are still places that use it (mostly based on region and venue), and in certain parts of the US, where the laws are forcing things back underground, it seems to be making minor comebacks. Though, I do agree it died out and even evolved from its origins, but I'm not sure how much the general public really became aware of it. There were a lot of uses for hankies in the states, so maybe there's just less assumption on the actual meaning?