Normalize Sex drive in Casual Dating

Strider6000

Posted
I agree 100%…I’ve wasted time just to find out further down the road that sex didn’t match up. The person fakes what they’re really into the first couple times has happened before also. We’re all adults and should be able to talk about what we’re into and what we expect in the early stages.
Posted
Exactly what he said … why waste 3 months more or less talking to Some one to just find out either we dont like each other or She or he is not having sex until marriage or whatever the reason is 🤦🏻‍♂️ i love sex and i want to talk about it … u could find out a lot about a person talking about sex …
Posted
The word ‘shouldn’t’ says everything here. This article is essentially about our relationship with judgment (should being the most common form). Good luck with that.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 12/30/2023 at 7:21 AM, Strider6000 said:

I feel like... if we raised awareness for how detrimental mismatched sexuality is to healthy relationships, that we could change society as a whole. Make it a place free from unhappy marriages and sexual frustration. Right??

The problem with this however is that whilst one can indeed be sexually compatible with another in terms of drive when they initially meet this can change over time. To talk of a society free from unhappy marriages and sexual frustration based on a couple having the same sex drive is somewhat naïve because this is not a constant. I do get where you’re coming from and don’t wholly disagree with you however thinking longer term (based on my own personal circumstances) sex drive, or lack thereof, does have a huge impact upon relationships but change of wants, needs and desires must be “allowed” otherwise we end up with *** and a person feeling obligated to have sex. Apologies, this is probably way outside of the scope of what you meant - merely my musings on the subject.

One point I did want to clarify with you though (and apologies if it has already been discussed further in the thread - I’ve not read the whole thing yet) - your OP said that you use this app to date (I presume you mean because of your high sex drive?), does this mean that you equate kink, fetishes, BDSM with people who have higher sex drives? Or just that sex is more openly discussed on here as opposed to a vanilla app?