Normalize Sex drive in Casual Dating

Strider6000

Posted
Really agree with the above! Been in many relationships where sex drives don’t sync up and definitely takes its toll! I normally know pretty soon nowadays if someone isn’t all that sexually minded / has a high sex drive, as sexual chat / messages are deflected or laughed at (again to avoid), rather than interacting, flirting back, etc! Nothing wrong with people having low or high sex drives, just a difference in person! Some people have high career aspirations, some don’t - they are spoken about from minute one, so why can’t this topic! Good stuff
Posted
12 minutes ago, onetowatch0121 said:

I normally know pretty soon nowadays if someone isn’t all that sexually minded / has a high sex drive, as sexual chat / messages are deflected or laughed at (again to avoid), rather than interacting, flirting back, etc! 

Whilst it *could* be a sign someone isn't sexually minded it's not definitively the case by a long stretch, and to be honest if it's on a site like this (where after all you have to have an element of a kinky/sexual mind to have signed up in the first place!!) I don't think it is in the slightest.

Many people may not respond to sexual chat/messages etc, especially from relative strangers, not because they have a low sex drive, but because quite simply they're not comfortable with doing so in message format etc, again especially on sites like this where many men are just looking for wank fodder.

Posted
It says there are 26 comments but I can only see 3. Is our host deleting anything that doesn't agree with his opinion?
Posted
1 minute ago, Breaze1969 said:

It says there are 26 comments but I can only see 3. Is our host deleting anything that doesn't agree with his opinion?

All the comments are here. 

They cannot be deleted except by mods I believe. 

So the issue is your end.

And it's extremely unfair and rude to assume this man is deleting anything that doesn't agree with his opinion. 

Very unfair. 

Posted
Maybe the mod needs to be made aware. Because I am with another user any they can not see comments either.
Posted
9 hours ago, WyldKatt said:

Ok what I’m seeing from this post is that if someone doesn’t have sex with you on the first date… you think they are asexual? I think it’s pretty normal to not play or have sex for a few dates to make sure the other person is safe and compatible. Honestly, if someone can’t wait a few dates, I’d put them in a category of people who can’t delay gratification, which is definitely a minus in my book. Just my personal opinion though.

7 hours ago, Strider6000 said:

What are you talking about?..🥲
I told you that you are correct.
I never said you were incorrect.
Don't accuse me of gaslighting please, I've had enough of it myself. 😅
The lived experience of a woman is an extremely valueable perspective for my thread. Yes, it includes ***/*** culrure. Your opinion is correct, and I said it was, so please stop trying to villanize me, I'm not your enemy 😵‍💫

6 hours ago, inconceivable said:

I've thought for some years that incompatible sexual needs is a huge relationship issue. And that so many people underestimate the impact that unmet needs has on others. I do see men attempting to telegraph their needs on dating apps in more subtle ways but I'm not sure many women will pick up on it? Vanilla girlfriends have commented negatively if men bring up sex "too soon". But if sex isn't a priority, anytime is too soon. It's tricky. Sex/kink is very important to me, but so many guys only want that so I'm wary of discussing it early. It's a conundrum.

5 hours ago, buxombrunette said:

This is a conundrum that really highlights the difficulties men & women have communicating about sex.

I read this post same as the other women..that your primary concern, before even meeting, is that your sexual desires will be fulfilled. This is why I wish sex work was legal. I feel like for people with that mindset they should have the option to just buy whatever (safe & consensual) experience they want and stop trying to use the idea of dating or relationships to get their needs met because this is where the wires get crossed and hearts broken.

Sexual compatibility is extremely important to me as well and probably is to everyone, but sex is the easiest part of a relationship. Even partners with different levels of interest or desire can find happiness together IF they know how to communicate, which is the hardest part of a relationship to master. It’s take working on skills that are not sexual to have the best sex life with a partner.

Even though a high sex drive with a fair amount of novelty is important to me, if I’m looking for a romantic partner I’m immediately turned off of the idea of forming an intimate relationship with anyone that advertises their sexual needs before we start to work on a connection. Do I want vanilla? No. But if I see ‘not vanilla’ on a profile it’s an immediate left swipe. Why? Because it’s telling me they aren’t looking for a who but rather a what. Unless I’m feeling savagely horny and only looking for the what and not the who myself, having sexual discussions early on is a turn off. On the flip side, when I’m only looking for a physical interaction and communicating that directly, I find it extremely aggravating that most men will still speak in traditional dating language when we both know clearly that’s not either of our intentions 🙄 I deeply appreciate it when men say clearly and respectfully what their intentions are up front, regardless of what they are.

I think you might want to think about and what’s really important to you and make sure you’re having honest interactions from the beginning. If you’re looking for something more than sex, you have to understand that leading with sex with women will not get you there. If finding a sexual partner you’re highly compatible with is your goal then you are searching for a women with the same intention who will be open to that approach.

If you find yourself someone you actually fall in love with and they with you…you can figure out the sex part together.

Each of my long term relationships have had very different sex lives with wildly different levels of frequency, intensity and kink depending on our chemistry & communication.

5 hours ago, gemini_man said:

Thing is there are various factors some of which have been pointed out already as to why some people may not be open to the kind of conversation you're suggesting OP, certainly not on a first date, or even on a site like this, but putting those that have been mentioned aside there are a few others.
Whilst I totally get where you're coming from I don't think a simple conversation early on actually does establish sexual compatibility - people's ideas of what constitutes a high sex drive vary for starters, people/relationships change over time (we've all been through the honeymoon period of relationships where all you seem to do is have sex, only for over time that to diminish for various reasons), then you have the thing of not actually being able to assess sexual compatibility until you do it.
I gave an example on another thread the other day of someone I met on a swingers site a few years back, we actually met in person at a group social first so knew we got on in person, then started talking on-line, openly and honestly and in *exactly* the way you are suggesting, before agreeing to meet for sex - so by your reckoning had established compatibility - you know what? While it wasn't awful, the sex wasn't great, not through either of our faults, we just weren't compatible in that way - so despite all the conversations we'd had beforehand it didn't work between us.
The other thing to consider, is that bringing the conversation up early as being something of importance, may, rightly or wrongly be seen as it being the main thing of importance to you, and the other things liked shared interests outside of sex, being of less importance.
As I said, not saying you're wrong, but do think you're perhaps taking something of an idealistic view without considering those other factors.

@Breaze1969 this is some I have mentioned and quoted. So u can click on the bit at top and see the convo. 

Mods can't control settings to that I'm aware. But yeh maybe just don't assume it's OP being a dick, over a technicality. 

Posted (edited)

The OP has said and done nothing wrong.

Given that this is a Kinky Sex Site, raising the subject of mismatched sex drives is extremely pertinent. 

Having a mismatched sex-drive is one of the wort things for any Vanilla relationship, and it is even more so for Kinky ones. Some people in such a mismatched relationship are lucky that they can work out some sort of happy compromise with their partners, two such examples, one or both will indulge in Swinging, or will be ENM, all with the consent and knowledge of the other partner, but, most are not so fortunate.

So when searching for a new partner, making it clear from the outset what your sex drive is like saves the above hassle that will inevitably follow if you don't, and, it saves you wasting time wooing the wrong potential partner. Obviously, there's no guarantee that if you're both highly sexed everything will work out, but the chances are better.

The OP was unjustly set upon by ignorant types who wanted to be belligerent simply for the sake of being belligerent. They were so ignorant that they couldn't be bothered to:

A) Actually read and digest his comments, preferring instead, to merely glance over them and to then jump to false conclusions and assumptions of what he was actually talking about.

B) Ignorantly assumed that just because someone states they have a high sex drive, those of us with one, want to jump into bed with just anyone, which couldn't be further from the truth of the matter. 

C) Couldn't be bothered to look through his profile before making their asinine comments, which is actually quite ironic given that they're always complaining about men doing the same to them. 

And to prove my point regarding B and C above, the below is the first paragraph from the description on his profile page, yep, he really wants to sleep around – NOT - as some are trying to make out... and if they weren't so ignorant, they would have seen this too... Oh the irony:____________________________________________________________

Looking for my true love/soulmate. Dating and looking for someone this whole time while keeping my kinks/sex drive secret makes me self conscious, so I hope this is the place. I'm not interested in one night stands. I want to find the girl I can love and snuggle and care about while being myself. Someone who also finds perversion romantic. Who gets horny for romantic things.

Edited by Shilo66
Posted
17 minutes ago, Breaze1969 said:

Maybe the mod needs to be made aware. Because I am with another user any they can not see comments either.

No comments have been removed from this thread.  If you are trying to access the comments via notifications you will not see all of the comments,  you need to go into the forum itself and into the actual thread to see the full comments.  Hope this helps.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Shilo66 said:

Given that this is a Kinky Sex Site, raising the subject of mismatched sex drives is extremely pertinent. 

Having a mismatched sex-drive is one of the wort things for any Vanilla relationship, and it is even more so for Kinky ones. Some people in such a mismatched relationship are lucky that they can work out some sort of happy compromise with their partners, two such examples, one or both will indulge in Swinging, or will be ENM, all with the consent and knowledge of the other partner, but, most are not so fortunate.

So when searching for a new partner, making it clear from the outset what your sex drive is like saves the above hassle that will inevitably follow if you don't, and, it saves you wasting time wooing the wrong potential partner. Obviously, there's no guarantee that if you're both highly sexed everything will work out, but the chances are better.

The OP was unjustly set upon by ignorant types who wanted to be belligerent simply for the sake of being belligerent. They were so ignorant that they couldn't be bothered to:

A) Actually read and digest his comments, preferring instead, to merely glance over them and to then jump to false conclusions and assumptions of what he was actually talking about.

B) Ignorantly assumed that just because someone states they have a high sex drive, those of us with one, want to jump into bed with just anyone, which couldn't be further from the truth of the matter. 

C) Couldn't be bothered to look through his profile before making their asinine comments, which is actually quite ironic given that they're always complaining about men doing the same to them. 

And to prove my point regarding B and C above, the below is the first paragraph on his profile page, yep, he really wants to sleep around – NOT - as some are trying to make out... and if they weren't so ignorant, they would have seen this too... Oh the irony:____________________________________________________________

Looking for my true love/soulmate. Dating and looking for someone this whole time while keeping my kinks/sex drive secret makes me self conscious, so I hope this is the place. I'm not interested in one night stands. I want to find the girl I can love and snuggle and care about while being myself. Someone who also finds perversion romantic. Who gets horny for romantic things.

Il admit i haven't read his profile, nor any one else's, as currently I'm not interested in seeking people. That's my only condition to reading otherwise i take people at face/username value haha.

But I agree, I don't think he did anything wrong. I've seen a lot of posts that go wrong but this isn't one of them. 

Hes trying to get a topic point across and that's his right. Typing sometimes on forums leaves so much open to interpretation depending on someone's use of words,  tone and slang etc.

It can be hard. 

As for mismatched sex drive couples. I am one of those. Part of one of those. Mine higher than his. But I don't expect or ask or all the time and he doesn't dismiss it all the time. 

Down to communication and compromise basically. 

Yes we are poly and at the min not involved with anyone else but our set up still suits us. Tho I get horny angry sometimes but again, I make him aware and he's happy to help me out haha.

We don't have a D/s, but a relationship with kinky bedtime (when my health is better) but the sex drives don't matter much tbh, for some, as kink isn't always based off sex. Doesn't always involved the physical act of it either. 

But it does take a strong pair of individuals to form a couple, when things are mismatched and make it work. 

Sometimes opposites attract. It's about giving and taking. Sacrifices and compromise. But not to the extent its affecting someone in a detrimental way.

Posted
Hard disagree. It's all about communication. I for one can catch feelings much quicker if things escalate physically really fast. I don't try to, half the time I don't want to. The physical connection is strong to me so it can cause all sorts of different reactions. I think normalizing it anymore than it already is would lead to some expectations, which lead to rejection and disappointment that could have been avoided. Just communicate, if they want to get down on the first date as well as yourself, that's amazing. Just talk it out. No need to normalize it from a societal standard.
Posted
25 minutes ago, Shilo66 said:

And to prove my point regarding B and C above, the below is the first paragraph from the description on his profile page, yep, he really wants to sleep around – NOT - as some are trying to make out... and if they weren't so ignorant, they would have seen this too... Oh the irony:____________________________________________________________

What’s amazing about this, is that you have entirely misinterpreted the other perspective presented in the comments. Having a different experience of life and explaining it is not beligerent or ignorant. It’s simply not your experience.

Posted
11 minutes ago, shortcake83 said:

What’s amazing about this, is that you have entirely misinterpreted the other perspective presented in the comments. Having a different experience of life and explaining it is not beligerent or ignorant. It’s simply not your experience.

Actually, it's you who have misinterpreted. Despite the OP and at least three others, including myself clarifying what he is actually talking about and why it is relevant, you still insist it's about something else. 

You complained that guys don't look through your profile before making comments, and here you are doing exactly the same thing with the OP. 

Read his profile, if you do, it will make perfect sense why he's raising this topic. Just in case you won't, the following is from the first paragraph of his description on his profile:

Posted
6 minutes ago, Shilo66 said:

Actually, it's you who have misinterpreted. Despite the OP and at least three others, including myself clarifying what he is actually talking about and why it is relevant, you still insist it's about something else. 

You complained that guys don't look through your profile before making comments, and here you are doing exactly the same thing with the OP. 

Read his profile, if you do, it will make perfect sense why he's raising this topic. Just in case you won't, the following is from the first paragraph of his description on his profile:

What about the fact that he is looking for a romantic relationship changes the fact that (straight) women who admit to being sexual beings are sticking their heads above the pa***t? Best case scenario you’re just not someone he wants to introduce to the family; worst case, it’s not *** because you’re a little slut who doesn’t mean no. My initial comment about this person not understanding a women’s experience of sexual predation remains true, regardless of what kind of relationship the OP is looking for.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, shortcake83 said:

What about the fact that he is looking for a romantic relationship changes the fact that (straight) women who admit to being sexual beings are sticking their heads above the pa***t? Best case scenario you’re just not someone he wants to introduce to the family; worst case, it’s not *** because you’re a little slut who doesn’t mean no. My initial comment about this person not understanding a women’s experience of sexual predation remains true, regardless of what kind of relationship the OP is looking for.

Shortcake... first of all, no one, and I mean no one, is or has disagreed with you regarding women's experience of sexual predation, in fact, the OP agreed with you.... we've all read it, so I don't know where you're trying to go with that?

Secondly, this is a Kinky Sex Site, so men on here are actively looking for women who are, and openly admit, to being sexual beings. That's literally the whole point of joining a site like this. Women on here entering into a LTR  are the very women us guys introduce to the family. So again, I can't see what argument you're trying to make here?

The type of guy you end up with is literally down to how well you vet them and how many red flags about him that you choose to ignore. Women on here are outnumbered something in the region of at least 10 to 1, so you literally get to choose who you want as your LTR partner. Given these odds, if you then chose a guy who doesn't want to introduce you to the family and you decided to stick with him regardless, then that's on you. 

Edited by Shilo66
Posted
19 minutes ago, Shilo66 said:

Shortcake... first of all, no one, and I mean no one, is or has disagreed with you regarding women's experience of sexual predation, in fact, the OP agreed with you.... we've all read it, so I don't know where you're trying to go with that?

Secondly, this is a Kinky Sex Site, so men on here are actively looking for women who are, and openly admit, to being sexual beings. That's literally the whole point of joining a site like this. Women on here entering into a LTR  are the very women us guys introduce to the family. So again, I can't see what argument you're trying to make here?

The type of guy you end up with is literally down to how well you vet them and how many red flags about him that you choose to ignore. Women on here are outnumbered something in the region of at least 10 to 1, so you literally get to choose who you want as your LTR partner. Given these odds, if you then chose a guy who doesn't want to introduce you to the family and you decided to stick with him regardless, then that's on you. 

The OP didn’t ‘agree’ with me, he said ‘please don’t tell me that I don’t understand… so you actually agree with me, you just don’t understand what I meant.’ I then pointed out that he had made a habit of telling women in these comments that they just didn’t understand him, instead of taking on board an alternative POV. And the post was not about this specific app, so your opinions on my relationship history are entirely irrelevant - but do smack of victim blaming.

Posted
5 minutes ago, shortcake83 said:

The OP didn’t ‘agree’ with me, he said ‘please don’t tell me that I don’t understand… so you actually agree with me, you just don’t understand what I meant.’ I then pointed out that he had made a habit of telling women in these comments that they just didn’t understand him, instead of taking on board an alternative POV. And the post was not about this specific app, so your opinions on my relationship history are entirely irrelevant - but do smack of victim blaming.

Erm, I hope you've got a large plate of humble pie to hand, because this is what he said to you:

_________________________________________________________________________________

The lived experience of a woman is an extremely valueable perspective for my thread. Yes, it includes ***/*** culrure. Your opinion is correct, and I said it was, so please stop trying to villanize me, I'm not your enemy 😵‍💫

Posted
3 minutes ago, Shilo66 said:

Erm, I hope you've got a large plate of humble pie to hand, because this is what he said to you:

_________________________________________________________________________________

Yes. This is when the ‘you just don’t understand what I was saying’ turned to ‘I’m the victim here’ because I pointed out how he had been communicating with women who didn’t agree exactly with the post. I have no more fucks to give on this. Have a nice life and that

Posted
4 minutes ago, Shilo66 said:

She's going to keep arguing, I really wouldn't bother.

Posted

I'm completely  🤯 on this. 

Like actually not sure where some of this is being pulled from. 

Derailing the post topic entirely. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Jeneral_Whore said:

All the comments are here. 

They cannot be deleted except by mods I believe. 

So the issue is your end.

And it's extremely unfair and rude to assume this man is deleting anything that doesn't agree with his opinion. 

Very unfair. 

Never did I say OP was a dick.

Posted
4 hours ago, Breaze1969 said:

1 hour ago, Breaze1969 said:

Never did I say OP was a dick.

It was insinuated. 

There was absolutely no reason to say that about the man. 

Posted
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to my post so far!! I've tried to read every single word, and I've learned so much more about other's experiences and perspectives. I was a bit worried about how the conversation started, but I'm glad to see that this is an overall helpful and conscientious community! 😊
Posted

It sure would be swell if people could actually use words that mean what they're actually trying to say and people reading didn't add any meaning other than the actual printed words to what they're reading. Also if people would listen with intent to understand and work together as opposed to immediately getting adversarial. That really would have prevented a lot of the issues going on here. 

The Op's initial word choice was poor. It didn't immediately read as how he meant it. @Jeneral_Whore you said yourself you had to read it three times . 

OP did go pretty quickly into DARVO territory and the whole thread has kind of become a mess. @shortcake83 made a whole bunch of valid points and I really don't see anything they said that was inaccurate. 

Posted
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize if my word choice was poor. I believed i used the words true to their meaning, and most people who attacked me were the ones who added additional meaning, but I will continue to strive to be more articulate.
I so appreciate your feedback about intent and cooperation. I only pushed back because I felt others were derailing a cause very important to me.
I don't believe I used DARVO. By bringing up my history if being gaslit, I wasn't playing victim. I was stating irony. I know every sign and device of gaslighting. 2 years dating a pathological liar. 1 year dating a narcissist. I know the DARVO acronym by heart. But I believe in taking accountability so:

D- Rather than denying responsibility I directly apologized for the misunderstanding even though I had no obligation to. I also apologized for what men do to women regarding *** culture. I also agreed with a perspective regarding men being the cause of the vicious cycle. Threefold I took responsibility 🙂
But I apologize. I definitely allowed myself to get confused and frustrated.

A- I did not attack a single person. I gave rebuttals, politely asked people to please stop derailing, and pointed out assumptions. Healthy communication involves disagreement and clarification. I had a right to defend my points. I was however, assumed to be impatient, ignorant, dismissive, coniving, and now gaslighting. Despite all those attacks to my character I did my best not to get upset.

R- reversing *** requires that I offended or ***d someone. I'm sorry of i did. Anyone can be offended by anything anyone says but that does not make the speaker at fault. I had things in my post that included feminism/equality. I support feminism. It is your freedom to be offended. I never changed or reversed what I believed though. Trying to clarify is *not* the same as reverseing.

V- I don't think I was a victim. I'm sorry if my reply and emojis reflected emotions. I'm sorry if my emotions made people angry. Genuine reactions aren't the same as looking for pity or sympathy. The first two people responding to my first post on this app were being very aggressive and adding additional meanings to my words. I was about to delete fet, though that would have been cowardly. Yes, I was upset. Especially after trying to be nice, helpful, agreeable, and asking politely. All people should have freedom to express genuine emotions. That includes the people I argued with. They are valid. I feel like accusing someone of "playing a victim" is a leverage device, in the realm of an ad homenim logical fallacy, but I am unscathed.

O- nobody ***d me either. I believe that even when someone hates me or tries to hurt me that I cannot know what they've been through or if they're having a bad day. Not only will I refuse to admonish anyone in this thread, but I will talk to them to reach an understanding. So I refuse to try to frame an offender 😊

I can only assume if you cited DARVO that you know it as well as I do. I spent time recovering from abusive relationships and since have used psychology to heal others from their ***/trauma. That's why I'm a caregiver 🙂 it made me stronger so I can love others❤️
Posted
22 hours ago, FETMOD-TF said:

No comments have been removed from this thread.  If you are trying to access the comments via notifications you will not see all of the comments,  you need to go into the forum itself and into the actual thread to see the full comments.  Hope this helps.

This seems to have been an issue for a while now. Is it something that's being addressed?