Shared desires

Posted

Sorry if the title is misleading but I would like to know peoples views on this.

I have been into BDSM for a few years now and have kept it private with only a few knowing for safety reasons. Recently my close relative has gotten into BDSM due to finding a guy who is into it. She was never into in before and doesn’t fully understand everything she’s doing but she happy to tell everyone about her business with her Dom.

I was was just wondering if anyone knows others in life where they are open about their Dom and sub relation. 

I would like like to add I have no issues with her being part of this, We are both submissive and I’m just wondering if it’s because I have kept my frolics to myself and she’s ready to spread then everywhere and to anyone who’s willing to listen. 

Thank you for any replies x

Robin

Posted

I've spoke to a few people recently who are into bdsm. I've been told sometimes a different person can offer a totally different experience. Maybe you could be more open with it but either way i think she would try with somebody else but its not necessarily a bad thing. I'd be happy to talk if you want to message me :) 

Posted
I would say this regards two factors. Is the person comfortable talking openly, and are they around people with whom they can be open? Answer those two questions and you have your answer
Posted

I've noticed particularly in recent years that society is more accepting to BDSM than it was.  While this doesn't mean you can/should walk down the high street in full gimp mask - it certainly means you can talk or be open a little easier than you could in the past.

I still, however, do feel discretion is important to a degree.  I think it's good to talk and to be open - but obviously of course being wary of circumstances when it can be used against you : particularly regarding employment.

If however, you know someone close to you is talking about it and doesn't fully understand... you can help them with their understanding. 

Posted
To a degree I am open about what I’m into... I don’t shout it from rooftops but people close to me know what I enjoy. Some are openly curious and ask me about it others just don’t get it. But that’s ok. I’ve never been made to feel like it’s wrong. Pick someone you trust and start small with discussing it
Posted
A friend of mine was very open about it back in his ***s and it was a mix of people not really wanting to know or ridicule but that was over 15 years ago. Society is more accepting now but it's really your personal choice and may depend on the audience
Posted
12 hours ago, Kay- said:

To a degree I am open about what I’m into... I don’t shout it from rooftops but people close to me know what I enjoy. Some are openly curious and ask me about it others just don’t get it. But that’s ok. I’ve never been made to feel like it’s wrong. Pick someone you trust and start small with discussing it

I’m pretty much the same as this. Close people know about me & if anyone asks then I don’t make a secret of it. I’m quite odd anyway so I don’t think anything I do or say surprises people 

Posted

Thank you for your replies, I think I will speak with her to reminder her of the audience which she shares with. 

• 1 year later...
Posted

The people that know me and what im like i tell and they are fine about it. They know i am sex mad and a bit wild. It all depends really on who shes telling. I doubt it will be her family.