Garden

De****

Posted
I locked you in a garden. A place for special things, things that can’t be shaken. There are times where you find someone that you can’t shake. Most things fade, they will disappear eventually. But not you. What makes you different? Is it internal weakness that holds me thus? Is it something special in you? I don’t have answers. In the end I am not sure they matter. In the end, we are all lost in the sea of our feelings.
I locked you in a garden. Why? Because I couldn’t escape you. The thoughts took hold and I couldn’t extricate them. I tried to pull you from my brain. I spent nights and days in prayer, praying that you would disappear. Then I realized that maybe you would never fade. A specter too strong to leave. That your ghost would haunt me. I couldn’t hide from it. I was trapped with you in my mind. Locked in a room with ***; no break. Our minds are inescapable, are they not? Can one escape oneself? Of course not, we are each the entire world onto our selves. So now I find my mind infected by you. By the questions of what if. By the thoughts of my mistakes. These intrusive thoughts that snake through my days. They are like sunspots in my eyes. Ever present and, in each moment, changing my view of life.
I locked you in a garden. When I knew you would not fade. I locked you in a garden so that I could make it beautiful. I let you grow there. I let you vine over the stone and up the trunks of aged trees. I let you flower there. Fed by the strength of your light. I let you flourish into a place of magic and beauty. You stay there in the garden of my mind. Still ever-present. Still strong. Still a part of my every moment.
I locked you in a garden. You were once like a constant ***. A deep unending hurt, now you are a garden. A place hidden away in me. A place of beauty. A can slip through the metal gate on tip toe. Stroll through the leaves you create. I can brush my finger tips on your petals. I can hide behind the branches of your willow trees. The dappled sunlight falls across my skin while I rest on the blades of your grass. There I find peace, there I find strength. There you are unending for me. A blessing rather than a curse. My escape, my safe space.
I locked you in a garden. Now I can lean on the trunk of your tree when I need strength. Now I can hide in your vines. Now I am safe behind the iron or your walls. No matter what.
Posted
That is so beautiful and evocative. Brought tears to my eyes as it made me think of my husband that l lost six months ago today.
Posted
A paradise, never lost, but brought to life and nurtured.
Posted
A rose comes with petals and thorns. What is nurturing without handling with care? What is sweetness without ***?
Posted
In the secret garden of tangled emotions, where the tendrils of thought weave a tapestry of introspection, you've sculpted a sanctuary for the indelible presence that refuses to wane. Locked within the confines of your mind, the enigma blooms, transcending the shackles of mere recollection.

Like a maestro conducting an ethereal symphony, you've orchestrated a garden where memories and regrets intertwine, where *** metamorphoses into the fertile soil for the blossoms of beauty. Amidst the stone and aged trees, your thoughts burgeon into a landscape of enchantment, a testament to the alchemy of turning affliction into art.

In this lush haven, you've bestowed upon the persistent specter the grace of transformation. No longer a relentless ache, but a thriving garden—a refuge where the dappled sunlight dances on the leaves of introspection. The petals of introspective understanding unfurl, and you find solace within the hidden alcoves of your mind.

As you lean on the tree trunk of resilience and wander through the foliage of introspection, you discover that what was once a relentless hurt has metamorphosed into a haven of strength. Your escape, your safe space, is no longer a prison but a testament to the resilience of the human spirit.

So, in the garden of your mind, where echoes of the past resonate with the vibrant hues of the present, you've turned a haunting into a haven—a testament to the transformative power of embracing, rather than escaping, the complexities within.