Board gamers come out

ph****

Posted
Absolutely! My favorite games depend on what kind of day it is, but lately we've been playing Project l and I just got a copy of robot Quest arena. I also play strategic games and tactical miniature stuff when I can find the people, which usually happens Sunday mornings cuz that's when my gang usually shows up and we play for a few hours.
Posted
my favs are the legend of andor, stratego and risiko.
Posted
5 minute dungeon is hands down the best game to play. It’s nice to play if you’re on a double date. It’s one of the few board games that you’re all on the same team. It’s nice to have a game where you don’t get mad at each other in the end 😂
Posted
I don't just but I know there is a poly/swinger group on my FB that does game night
Posted
I haven’t had the chance to play either with full groups but I feel like the ***borne card game (based on Cutthroat Caverns I think?) is a fun hybrid of co-op PvE with opportunities for sneaky plays to sabotage attacks and compete for the win. Binding of Isaac 4 Souls has a frustrating card pool that’s exclusive to promotions and having backed its like, three kickstarters? But in spirit it evokes some fun Magic: The Gathering Commander format vibes with each playable character offering some neat unique strategy and the game encourages making truces with other players, which I enjoy generally as a tabletop game focus.

I play Magic in Philly area once every two weeks but I’m a homebody so outside the one group I play I don’t go out much, lol.
Posted
Monopoly but real ***. If anyone wanted to join the table you have to bring $1500.
Posted
Not sure if it counts but War Hammer 40k
Posted

DND all the way for me but a more kink friendly and the addition of sex game dice for when you have a choice of f**king a monster instead of fighting

Posted
It depends me I love rpgs like warhammer aliens another glorious day in the corp uno spades Jenga I would love to host one I just need to get my game stash up
Posted
What kind of board games are we talking about? 🤔 hahah
Posted
Scrabble, masterpiece, and chess cribbage? Backgammon
Posted
Don't host game nights cause No one ever wants to
Posted

Looking forward to seeing what everyone is interested in so I can be dragged deeper into the world of board games!

Posted
I’m a huge board gamer and yes I host quite a bit
Posted
I only like certain games: backgammon, rummikub, chess and I've recently added dobble. I don't know why I like them... maybe because they require logical thinking. I just love them, although I don't play them often.
Posted
I love clue because I am a sucker for *** mysteries. I find them intriguing and twists hit that much harder
Posted

I love Upper Deck's Legendary game system. Being a huge fan of co-operative play I find it a lot of fun, so Legendary Marvel (in all its various iterations and with its 30+ expansions) is probably my favourite board/card game. I've been a Marvel fan for over 35 years so it's a dream game for me. I particularly love not that it is co-operative but that with the phenomenally huge range of heroes/villains/schemes no two games are ever the same. I also very much enjoy Legendary Alien and Legendary Predator, although they get less play.

My next favourite game series is probably Ticket To Ride. I like that it is accessible and easy enough to learn for all ages and abilities - at least the core game and more basic maps are, we don't introduce people to the United Kingdom map until they are very experienced 😂 - without taking too long to play either. Yet each map is unique enough to provide a fun variation. It's light-hearted, good-spirited, and anybody can usually win which makes it quite a fair game too.

Then in no particular order some of my other favourites include Last Night On Earth. It's a far more fun zombie game than Zombies!!! (which is fun enough in it's own right and I've no complaints over) due to effort the creators put into the world-building and quality of their product. The engine is great, the characters are unique and have a diverse range of abilities, playing as the zombies is fun, the different scenarios mix things up nicely, and that's before we get onto the photo production on the cards/in the game manuals or the fact that the tenth anniversary edition came with a fricking SOUNDTRACK CD!! 😍😍

Carcassonne will always be an exceptional benchmark that's hard to beat in the realm of tile-placement board games. It can be relatively simple with just the core set, or ridiculously befuddling if you throw in more than a selection of the expansions or additional meeples in at once. I used to play it a lot with my Dad and we found ourselves comparing it to chess, not in terms of the gameplay but in how the game made you think, anticipate, strategise, and plan.

Star Trek Ascendancy has some flaws. In my opinion it wasn't playtested enough; too often circumstances can arise which the rules don't cover and you have to use your own common sense to work out what should probably happen. That doesn't stop the game being incredibly fun and almost the perfect game for me as a Trek fan. You literally don't know what to expect, the universe and its narrative unfolds around you as the game takes place over a timeframe of dozens (or potentially even hundreds) of years. Every turn is a new episode where you wonder what happens this week. And I can't imagine how another game will ever be as involving.

Fallout: The Board Game is great, and so refreshing. Adaptations of films or video games into board games often don't go well. Frequently they have very little to do with whatever their licensed from and are simply a thinly-veiled cash-grab. Not Fallout. Oh my, I could not have been more pleasantly surprised when I played this. Without going into detail - if you're interested you can look into it yourself - this board game manages to not only successfully place you in the Fallout world and send you on familiar Fallout adventures, but it does it whilst somehow perfectly capturing the _feel_ of Fallout. The creators even found a way to integrate the SPECIAL stats/perks system in a novel way which works and doesn't feel remotely weird.

There are plenty of others I could give mention to. Terraforming Mars is great, and I can't wait for the Legacy variant to come out. Agricola and Catan will always be classics (cue wistful sigh for the excellent yet cancelled Android Netrunner...). I think one game that is relatively very new but which will be still be being talked about and viewed as a classic in years to come is Wingspan. Who knew that managing a habitat to lure birds to could be so engrossing, or competitive??

I haven't tried Ark Nova yet... I'm looking forward to adding that to my collection.

Posted
I'm hosting rn but it's not 4 board games tho lol
Posted
Our local community is very game friendly. I host a D&D game every other week at my place and there are two boardgame nights as well
Posted
My favorite has to be Splendor
Posted
I help run a group here. Favourite games are the DC Deck Building Game plus all of its expansions and other sets, the *** Bowl Team Manager game, and I'm very partial to a game of Smash Up. But I am down for trying most games.
Posted
I’m not a regular board gamer but I’m bumping this for you..
Someone I’ve been chatting to mentioned chess recently and I’d love to have another go at that- haven’t played since I was about 10! I like cards better than board games to be honest and have found myself wondering recently if I’d still enjoy cards of humanity now that I don’t drink. In my drinking days I thought it was hilarious but I’m not sure I would now.. what are your favourites?