Sexual roleplay chat in the chat rooms

Posted
28 minutes ago, ukmarky said:

Freediving isnt for me but SCUBA (open and closed) are awesome - jumping off a boat in the channel is a great way to spend a weekend :)

Thanks to everyone for their information re diving etc but this thread was originally about role play in the chat rooms. I really feel it might be better to start another thread about diving etc as you might get more people involved in your discussion. 

Posted

Like chatrooms, threads sometimes go off topic, it's a hard one to regulate, especially when it does go off on a totally different tangent. 

Keeping back on track, I think once you enter a chatroom there could be a welcome message with be respectful and reminding them to read the guidelines.  Even though we don't get loads on chat, even i get a little lost when your trying to keep track of things and often miss responding to a question posed to me, this more so when quick fire responses in a sexual roleplay chat  flood the screen a little.  But then it's the nature of the beast, people are chatting, nothing worse than a non responsive room.

Posted

Nothing wrong with going off topic. Who says we have to have Forum Police coming doing stop and searches when nobody’s done anything wrong? I understand if somebody is using inappropriate language or racist *** or other phobic behaviours, then we need to police that, but just going off topic is hardly the crime of the century. Most of us are on here to have a bit of fun, make new friends, enjoy a bit of banter and we shouldn’t take it all too seriously… The last thing we need is a committee! Lighten up and feel the good vibes from all the kinkster friends we have on here...

Posted

Hang on a minute, I think I might have sinned yet again here: should I have started a new thread about going off topic?!

Posted
1 minute ago, Fredddy said:

Hang on a minute, I think I might have sinned yet again here: should I have started a new thread about going off topic?!

All I meant by saying about opening a new thread is that you might get more interest in the topic if you started a thread on the subject. More people might share your kink and interests or might want some advice. 

Sorry to have caused any offence or confusion. 

Time I left this one alone I think....

Posted

I think what sub_miss_1 meant is that it might confused anyone coming to read the last post talking about diving technical knowledge when the tread titled stated "role play in chat room". he doesn't take you much effort to open a new thread and leave the op intact or off topic

kind regard

Posted

Hi @sub_miss_1 and everyone who contributed. We’ve taken a look at the thread and I’ve talked about this internally with the FETmod team.  

As you know, the pre-defined rooms (Lobby, BDSM Lovers and Kinksters & Fetishists) are visible to all kinksters on Fetish.com, and we are aware that some form of sexual roleplay chat can either enrich or turn off a users’ experience in the chat - depending on everyone’s individual position on it. 

But, with regard to role play and creating a permanent set of roleplay chatrooms for this alongside the pre-defined rooms, while a very good idea, managing such a space wouldn’t be so practical unfortunately. This is primarily due to the potential for conflict (who got there first, who could join in etc.) not to mention defining a whole raft of rules to cover differing types of play / scenes etc.  

User created rooms overcomes the practical issues of managing a dedicated sexual  roleplay chat space, as the terms of play can be agreed between individual users and the rooms administered by them (as long as the general rules of the chat are adhered to.) All Premium and VIP members have the ability to open a chat room.  If someone is a free user and would like to role play, then getting an upgrade is a great reason for that :)

We totally agree that the rules should have clearer on role play, and as a result of this thread we've updated the chat rules which includes a passage specifically on this. Our moderators are also aware of the change.

Thanks again for all your valuable contributions.  :smiling_imp: