DDLG. A question for littles & middles.

Pe****

Posted
As a Daddy with a few years experience, curious to know to what extent you see it as roleplay versus a genuine state of mind?
We have to work, pay bills, deal with what life sends our way etc etc. I’ve discovered my niche, but I can turn it on and off and respond to the real world when I need to.
For the littles and middles (bratty or otherwise), is it harder for you to do the same, and does leaving the dynamic and dipping a toe back into reality come with consequences?
Genuinely curious.
Posted
For me, I know I can't just stay in that mindset all of the time. It can be difficult to switch out and go back to being who I have to be most of the time, and it can also be difficult getting into that headspace if I know I have limited time. So for me, it's just about the environment mostly, and I just have to try my best to adjust.
Posted
I don’t engage in age play because it does for me, yes. I naturally regress, if I let myself fully engage in that, it can send me to a place I struggle to leave and easily becomes my permanent state of mind.
Posted
Thanks for the above. ⬆️
Being able to disengage is certainly an issue. I’ve recently had to introduce a “phone off or on silent” rule, as it can be all to easy to be brought ***fully out of a dynamic and then we have to manage the lows that then follow, and the difficulty getting back into the right mindset.
Posted
1 hour ago, PeteNR2 said:
Thanks for the above. ⬆️
Being able to disengage is certainly an issue. I’ve recently had to introduce a “phone off or on silent” rule, as it can be all to easy to be brought ***fully out of a dynamic and then we have to manage the lows that then follow, and the difficulty getting back into the right mindset.

That can be problem, have you spoke to your little about this? Are they aware that they’re struggling to switch off from the role? Is it a role for them or do they need the constant dynamic? It might be things they’re not fully aware of.

Posted
27 minutes ago, MissTakenDeep said:

That can be problem, have you spoke to your little about this? Are they aware that they’re struggling to switch off from the role? Is it a role for them or do they need the constant dynamic? It might be things they’re not fully aware of.

Yes, we’ve had a frank discussion. There are elements of ADHD at play here, and she often struggles to concentrate and remain in one mindset, hence why distractions are problematic. I should have been clearer… switching off is actually more of a problem due to not wanting to, rather than not being able to.

Posted
11 minutes ago, PeteNR2 said:

Yes, we’ve had a frank discussion. There are elements of ADHD at play here, and she often struggles to concentrate and remain in one mindset, hence why distractions are problematic. I should have been clearer… switching off is actually more of a problem due to not wanting to, rather than not being able to.

That make sense and was my concern, for me personally, that’s a safe space in my head, a place I feel very comfortable and want to stay in. That becomes the danger for me, I get lost in that space and it sounds like she might too.

Posted
For me it is both. Role and everyday. My job allows me to indulge in my middle side, while still being a responsible adult.😜😁
Posted
For me, it's like a sliding scale. My default is somewhere between middle and adult, and the demands on my time and the setting I'm in shift it one way or another.
I can be little sometimes, but it's much harder to achieve without effort.
And whichever headspace I'm in, anything that ***s an abrupt change from little/middle to adult will leave me feeling low or more susceptible to stress.
If I'm prepared for the slide and it's more gradual, the transition is pretty easy and stress free.
They're all natural states of mind for me rather than an act, although roleplay is sometimes involved in addition.
Posted
13 hours ago, ShockingSass said:
For me, it's like a sliding scale. My default is somewhere between middle and adult, and the demands on my time and the setting I'm in shift it one way or another.
I can be little sometimes, but it's much harder to achieve without effort.
And whichever headspace I'm in, anything that ***s an abrupt change from little/middle to adult will leave me feeling low or more susceptible to stress.
If I'm prepared for the slide and it's more gradual, the transition is pretty easy and stress free.
They're all natural states of mind for me rather than an act, although roleplay is sometimes involved in addition.

Yeah, I agree with that. A ***d removal from the dynamic (due to perhaps a distraction) does cause low mood and stress. If we see it coming and plan for it, it’s easier.

Zain_2002
Posted
I like to be controlled by females , turns me on .
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
It definitely depends on the circumstances. Some people fall into genuine age regressions and struggle with sexual age play. But they’re still littles. When regressing it can be really tough to deal with real life. Some people need more patience.
  • 2 weeks later...
RainbowTea
Posted (edited)

For me as an age regressor it's a genuine state of mind. I don't like acting a younger age when I'm not in that headspace, it feels too ***d for me. That said, I'm an age flux regressor (I'm both a middle and little), and usually regress to the middle range 95% of the time, so switching and coming out of that headspace whenever I need to adult is much easier than when I'm in the little headspace. In fact I think I happen to end up in the *** part of middle at least half the time, if not more than the amount of time spent in the adult headspace. Which is why it took me so long to realise I'm a regressor, because feeling younger always felt so natural and I assumed I was just "young at heart" with occasional moments of feeling like a little girl out of nowhere (but especially if something triggers it).

When in the middle range I can still reasonably adult and act like an adult much more easily, so I've been able to get by masking my middle range regression in my vanilla life whenever I have to deal with people. In little range, not so much - and that's when things become too overwhelming, and there's higher consequences when trying to adult while in the little range. I often just try to retreat to somewhere safe until that headspace passes, if possible. Otherwise I try to keep it low-key and avoid all responsibilities until it passes, and hope nobody notices anything off. Thankfully it's only an occasional regression.

Edited by RainbowTea
Typos