Hobbies - not fetish :)

uk****

Posted

A recent thread lead me to wonder what you guys n gals do for fun outside of the fetish world.

Personally I'm into keeping fit (cycling, running). My chosen hobby is SCUBA but it's too expensive to do as much as I want.

Posted
I am a neuroscience grad student and I work (tattooer/bouncer) play rugby and hang out with my cats and ***t. SCUBA huh? Cool🤘🤘🤘
Posted

I think I have a fetish for hobbies, as I seem to have so many these days and the list is forever growing, yet sadly never enough time to do them all.........my passion though, is my Astrology and I have spent many years studying the subject,  I also enjoy other Esoteric pursuits........on the flip side I love to be creative and enjoy writing, drawing, ***ting, sewing and knitting usually whilst listening to my favourite music. 

Posted

The esoteric; tarot, meditation

Travel and history - understanding our cultural journeys

cooking and experimenting with good, simple ingredients

Posted
I’m a Morris Dancer 😬 (temporarily unable to ‘dance’ due to having surgery on my leg)
Posted

Alt Music, Rock gigs, finding that odd gem of a band that plays and writes their own stuff.  I do a lot of typesetting and design work for friends events etc.

Posted
Angling, specifically Lure angling 🎣
Posted
Mines is make up, I love making people feel beautiful
Posted
Landscape archaeology, geology and photography.
Posted

I love to potter about in my garden, though Im not able to do the heavy stuff any more

Posted

Marky, I’m with you on the SCUBA side! Also into freediving, which has a lot of yogic elements to it.

I’ve been warned before about straying off-topic, so I’m not going to incur the wrath of the Forum Police by enlarging any more here, but I’m going to post an article sometime soon about scuba-diving, free diving, and how the equipment used and experience gained in those hobbies can inform and educate kinky play, particularly with regards to relaxation, breath control, hypercapnia, hypoxia, poppers administration, muscle training, physiology and everything that goes along with it.

I’m also into cycling, both on and off road and have a passion for air sports, not that I indulge in that presently. 

Posted

I read.... a LOT!

My passions are reading, i write too.

I like being outdoors, walking. I'm at peace around ***s, horses in particular.

I've done a fair bit of travelling, ridden an elephant, fed kangaroos and dolphins, held a 15ft python, certified as a PADI Open water diver and i have ridden a Derby winner as a yearling.

I love music, ***s, rain and thunderstorms.

Posted

I have read since a kid. Literally anything... if it had words on it i would read it. I even used to read the back of cereal packets! I live in a world of words.... 

Reading list atm..

Sophies World (a novel about philosophy

Tokyo Ghoul (a manga my daughter insists i read)

The *** Bubble by Ant Middleton

Maximum Ride by James Patterson

Never Go Back by Lee Child

Of Mice and Men by Steinbeck

The Story of O

Did i mention i like reading? 😆

Posted

I also grow 80% of the veg I eat, rather tranquil area right at the end of the local woods.

Posted

I play in a band, make Shepard’s crooks, staffs and shillelaghs and I also read tarot at fairs and festivals 

Posted

I love to read, love the feel of a book nothing else like it I love my kindle but mmmm can't beat the feel of a book!!!! Also I use to be a dancer until a *** cut that short professionally but I still have that passion for it so use to go to Zumba and Burlesque classes 😍 Films is another passion and comic books I'm a nerd when it comes to comic books lolol 😂

Posted
I love reading an makeing all sorts of crafty things an ***s
Posted
12 hours ago, smeagol said:

I also grow 80% of the veg I eat, rather tranquil area right at the end of the local woods.

We also grow many of our own vegetables. Yesterday evening I was butchering a whole sow pig that was reared just a couple of hundred yards away from where I live and two days before that I was butchering a whole hind deer that had been shot the day before on one of the hills just a couple of miles behind where I live. There’s nothing better for the body, mind and soul than having vegetables that you’ve grown yourselves, full of nutrients and without artificial enhancements, and eating meat that has had a happy life. Not brought up in captivity in some sort of caged pen, but free to roam and reared naturally. The difference in the fat content is immediately apparent. The pig that I was butchering was very lean, whereas all the videos that you watch on how to butcher a beast show large amounts of fat. Low fat content, healthy diet, low carbon footprint, environmentally sustainable, the list goes on and on and on…

So yeah, I’m feeling pretty smug with myself right now! Aren’t I just the environmental do-gooder?! Seriously though, living in a very remote area with a low population, within a community that actually cares for each other and looks out for each other, a virtually zero crime rate, a great place to raise your kids and an amazing view when you look out of your window every day, it’s a really good life. It’s so much better than living in the city with all of the associated problems that come with that. It’s just that the downside is that there aren’t that many fellow Kinksters around… well, not to my knowledge, there aren’t. Who knows, maybe I’m surrounded by them but don’t know it!

Posted

I totally agree, i was brought up in the country, would love to move back.  City life has it's good points for a social life but the cons are quickly making it less worthwhile living there.

I do wish people would actually look in to how their mass supermarket crops are actually grown and why they have no taste.

The mega plus side is you know whats gone into their production, good old fashioned natural fertilser lol  that and the enjoyment from eating what you worked so hard for.  I love wild caught pheasant :)

Posted

I love being out and away, somewhere quiet, always from the hustle and bustle , camera, binoculars.oh and food drink, .

Posted

It’s really hard to be self-sufficient in this consumerist lead society that is so materialistic, but you can at least be self-EFFICIENT. So yeah, eat locally reared meat, grow your own vegetables, by all means use solar panels to reduce your reliance on mains electricity (although what with the feed in tariffs and the levy on everybody’s household electricity bills, that’s in my opinion just another government scam to create jobs for the boys, but that’s a different subject for a different discussion, another day!), harvest rainwater and do other things that are friendly for the environment. Does this count as hobbies, not fetish? Or am I going off topic again?!

So in our new house build, we have put in a huge biomass boiler, that is designed to burn locally grown trees from only a mile or two away. We went down the whole solar panel/air source heat pump route, but had a moment of clarity: we live in a forest! Let’s burn trees! we have a very large house and it costs no more than £10 per week to heat it this way. We’ll  burn 12 tons of Larch, Sitka and Pine each year and we need to light the boiler once every four days in winter and about once every three weeks in summer. It’s not for everyone and not every house is suitable for this type of heating system, as we have had to also install a massive 14,000 L buffer tank. but it does give you a feeling of satisfaction to know that you’re not relying on gas, oil, coal or other fossil fuels. and neither am I engaging in yet another government scam to create jobs for the boys with the renewable heat incentive scheme, where people are paid to burn wood pellets on their boilers. Wood pellets? So we cut the trees down, transport them hundreds of miles by road, burning hundreds of litres of diesel, then we use loads more energy pulping the wood, compressing it into pellets and then drying it. Then we put it in plastic (yes, plastic! REALLY?!) bags, Load it all back on another wagon and burn loads more diesel taking it back to close to whence it came, only to throw it on the fire! It’s complete lunacy. So that’s why I’ve gone for the log gasification burner type of boiler. I just know that this whole setup is very good for my pocket as well as my conscience.

Ok, rant over! 🤪