Hobbies - not fetish :)

uk****

Posted
19 hours ago, smeagol said:

I also grow 80% of the veg I eat, rather tranquil area right at the end of the local woods.

Love growing my own food smegol so much more flavour

Posted
Yeah seems appropriate to mention wild mushroom gathering. It's not the safest hobby, lot of ways a person can get hurt out there. But worth it just for the beautiful lands :) And the mushrooms themselves are almost erotic, for me more in a "feminine" way.
Posted
On 11/1/2019 at 2:24 AM, eyemblacksheep said:

I'm big into music and DJ and organise gigs 

What kind of music ? 

Posted
8 hours ago, FabSeverus said:

What kind of music ? 

Well this week - Thursday I DJ'd a Goth/Post-Punk night and Friday a rock/metal night.   I've also done a lot with different forms of industrial and alternative electronics.   Mind, always the organiser, never the composer :) 

Posted

Didn't expect that many replies lol - what a wide and varied bunch we are!

Posted
On 11/4/2019 at 7:03 AM, eyemblacksheep said:

Well this week - Thursday I DJ'd a Goth/Post-Punk night and Friday a rock/metal night.   I've also done a lot with different forms of industrial and alternative electronics.   Mind, always the organiser, never the composer :) 

Nice I've done a little of this too. EDM, house, DnB type thing. Fun, almost runs itself with software :)

Posted
On 11/3/2019 at 8:39 AM, Hyperion-D6379 said:

Skydiving I've been into it for years, as of end of season this year I have 1,567 jumps.

You're a bad ass dude. I tried that once and let's just say it was a good thing I was tandem. Last thing I remember was standing at the door thinking "Don't be a pussy..."  next thing I remember was my instructor, who was my tandem, only this time he was in front of me asking "You ok? We're on the ground." It scared the BEJEEZUS out of me!

Posted
7 hours ago, Puddles333 said:

Nice I've done a little of this too. EDM, house, DnB type thing. Fun, almost runs itself with software :)

I was *very* late in changing to laptop - but it got a little bit too much towards the end when I was taking 7 cases of CDs with me and no space to really put them all in some small clubs.

Christ, the main place I DJ at now, there's barely enough room for me in the booth, let alone a couple of cases - though, the new manager is talking about pulling out the DJ booth and building  something more adaptable which will probably be better

Posted

Well of course laptop with software I know I'm cheating. But it's cool if you were already able to do CDJs or vinyl lol. And yeah so much more portable than decks and crates, can drop almost anywhere anytime if there's electricity :)

Posted

See, I don't see using a laptop as cheating. It's just another tool.  OK, so, it might make things a lot easier when it comes to, say, beatmatching (which isn't all that important in rock/metal anyway) even CDs/vinyl/etc it's all, just, well, "pressing play" (at the risk of oversimplifying stuff) that there's often more skill in being able to read a room, to know what tracks go well together, to keep sets varied, etc.

and even if you're doing live producing, firing samples, loops, etc. it just makes them easier to find (not that that area is at all my speciality) 

Posted
On 11/5/2019 at 6:38 PM, Jaybaybay said:

You're a bad ass dude. I tried that once and let's just say it was a good thing I was tandem. Last thing I remember was standing at the door thinking "Don't be a pussy..."  next thing I remember was my instructor, who was my tandem, only this time he was in front of me asking "You ok? We're on the ground." It scared the BEJEEZUS out of me!

It's not for everyone, I just happened to be good it it....

Posted
7 hours ago, Hyperion-D6379 said:

It's not for everyone, I just happened to be good it it....

Better you than me! You're right we all have our talents. 

Posted

I'd love to try a skydive....

The other thing i would dearly love to do is take part in the SAS: Who Dares Wins programme. I love the idea of the mental challenge as well as the physical. Pushing yourself to the limit.

I even emailed Ant Middletons team asking if they would ever consider allowing women (they are on the current series) and adjust the age limit (they might). 

I should look into extreme sports maybe.

MissNortyCurves
Posted

I'm a bit crafty!!!

I love doing cardmaking, scrapbooking and bookfolding!!

Considering trying to make kinky crafts etc...........maybe next year!!

Posted

I enjoy cooking and gardening. I also read a lot. Mostly though, I do gaming related things. I run a D&D game. I play a ton of games. I mod games and make art for them.

Posted

Vandal: Keeping chooks, growing veg, growing enough pak choi to keep up with my insatiable appetite for it, stamp collecting, volunteer fire fighter in the Rural Fire Service.

Slut: Reading, reading, and more reading (anything except romances - BLAAGH!) - classic literature, writers from the 30s, 40s and 50s but plenty of others too; addicted to counted cross-stitch and old fashioned linen embroidery (if you can get it - church fetes and garage sales are good places to find it :)) ; gardening (experiment this year was growing water irises - success!) Recently learnt to make choko pickles and jam as the vine that grows over the chook shed is actually occuping about a half an acre now and in winter it's a hard hat area down there, so...always looking for more ***y choko recipes.  And good movies - Golden Age of Hollywood for preference.  Am also in a cafe-philosophy group which meets once a month.  And...walking, 'cause we don't have a car.

Posted

Really, you want my whole list of hobbies outside the scene?  Looks like this is going to be a long post, even if I only scratch the surface of my outside interests.  I am definitely not the 24/7 type.

One obvious hobby is leatherwork.  I like to make both clothes and "accessories", custom fit, of course.  Guess this one sits right on the borderline between the scene and the vanilla world.  Haven't done it though, in a number of years.  All of my equipment is put up.  Not much call for such things in this cultural wasteland where I now live (a.k.a the Texas Panhandle).  Still, I wouldn't mind finding an excuse to get back into it, if i could still handle the workload at my age.

Probably my favorite hobby is scenic and architectural photography.  I have been hooked on this, ever since my first camera (a cheap "Instamatic") back in junior high.  Only the discovery of my first fetish, out-dates this one.  In architectural, I am truly a wide angle fanatic.  If I can't photograph an entire phone booth from the inside, then the lens isn't wide enough.

I also like to draw and ***t (OK, so this one might be just as old as my first fetish).  Again, I do mostly scenic and architectural.  Even after years of practice, my renderings of people still suck.  You'd think after so much training and experience, I'd no longer let my emotions get in the way.  Yet, when I try to draw people, my hands and brain still get paralytic and uncoordinated.  Guess I'm still only human.

There is insulator collecting---you know, those glass an porcelain things up on the power poles.  It wasn't until the coming of the internet though, that I discovered that this was a major hobby.  Until then, I had always thought that I was a weirdo, for collecting such things.  In fact, many of my first drawings involved power lines.  Still, I don't think that you could call this one a "fetish".  They don't get me off in THAT way.

Recently, I began to tinker with 3D CGI.  I found a great, free program, called "Blender", that is truly professional software.  So far, I have only played with creating mundane objects in an outdoor setting.  I have just now mastered outdoor lighting, to create a truly photorealistic look.  Of course, I had to create a few scenes of power poles and insulators.  So far, those have come out the best.  OK, so I really am a weirdo.

Of course, I love science fiction.  Always have, ever since I was a little kid.  The special effects have sure come a long way since the original "Twilight Zone", "Outer Limits", "Lost in Space", and "Star Trek" (yes, I am old enough to have seen those shows when they first aired).  Too bad that many plots have given way to "eye candy".  I really miss those old gut-twisting endings, that made you think.  Still, who here can forget the costumes now seen in modern sci-fi---especially in the super-hero genre?  They have truly crossed over into our fetish world!  Some of those shows must have a leather budget that rivals their FX budget.  No wonder "cosplay" has become so popular

I have even ventured into trying to write sci-fi.  My current novel involves a future dystopian Silicon Valley (where, believe it or not, I grew up).  Don't know if/when I'll ever finish it.  You truly need an experienced dominant side, to attempt writing fiction.  You have to be ready to control the readers imagination and emotions, while guiding them where you wish to take them.  All in all, an exhausting and cathartic process.

Finally, I like to keep in shape, even at my age.  Really, most folks say that I don't look my age.  For a while, after being marooned in this cultural desert, I let myself go.  But, after a recent battle with rectal cancer, I have become obsessed with bringing my health and body shape back up to par.  The doctors say that I won that battle, and that the chances of recurrence are slim to none.  Still, why did I feel like the one who got his ass kicked?  Now though, I am back to hitting the weights and calisthenics.  I hate jogging.  But, I do love taking a four-mile walk every day---weather permitting.

Posted

I can dig this thread...I like cycling (14km usually), nature strolls with my pup, love love LOVE cooking (right now I am learning to smoke meats), weightlifting and travelling of course! Back to cooking, I just got a ceramic grill/smoker and it is my most favorite cooking tool! I accidentally broke my heat deflector while smoking a tuna collar and I am anxiously waiting for a replacement. That tuna collar was a B and a half! I soaked it in a brown sugar brine with five spice and it smoked it for many many hours. After all that I discovered the taste was way too rich/sweet for me and it just made my whole fridge stink for a week...I have another half and I think I will just throw it on the grill and sear it.  

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Downhill skiing

Going to see live music

Travel to and hiking in western National Parks - Yosemite, Zion, Glacier, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Bryce, Mount Rainier, etc.

tennis

movies - huge movie buff - I go see a ton of them (Ford vs Ferrari is very good)

Posted

For me, I have a thing for derelict buildings, unusual architecture and taking photos (more so b&w) of the unusual stuff (instead of mundane stuff). Have to remind myself to apologise for not looking where I'm going, as the best stuff is up above you on top of buildings.

MrLeatherCrotchBoots
Posted

Well I love to tinker with stuff, pull it apart to see how it work and then put it back together again. I love working on my vw's got two vw golf's. Also sometimes do abit of model making and ***ting. Also I love lego just so much fun and can make just about anything.

Posted

I am a very mundane man, but I like riding my bike  (a proper one, with an engine), but I don't ride as much as I'd like - so if anyone around wants to meet for a ride to a cafe, I'd be interested.

If I had more ***, I'd also like a shotgun to break clays - I'm right handed, but recently found out I shoot better left handed 

Posted

Food. Doing seemingly impossible things. Last weekend, I wanted Roast Chicken but since I was in an apartment hotel without an oven, I had to improvise and found my aunt's old receipe for stove-top roast chicken. Delicious, and a sense of achievement :-)

Posted

12 minutes ago, Carnelian2 said:

Food. Doing seemingly impossible things. Last weekend, I wanted Roast Chicken but since I was in an apartment hotel without an oven, I had to improvise and found my aunt's old receipe for stove-top roast chicken. Delicious, and a sense of achievement :-)

Well done, you! :) Want to share that recipe?  We'd be interested, as in winter I cook on a combustion stove and the Vandal would live on chicken daily if I let him.