Long Hair?

Phoenyx

Posted

Don't know if this question truly falls under the category of "Fetish Clothing".  But, I was wondering why, in the personal profile section, under fetishes liked, there is no selection for "Long Hair", or just "Hair" (and no, I don't mean body hair).  Back in the 90's, long hair was a really big thing in the scene.  Most of the dominant men had hair at least half way down their backs.  Many of the dominant women had hair well past their waists.  Back then, long hair was seen as I sign of power, much like leather.  What happened?  Has hair fallen out of favor?

Posted

Interesting point, Phoenyx. It may be that it's not on the fetish list because it's still deemed to be a fashion thing: a lot of men like long hair on a woman whether she's Domme or sub because it's very feminine to them, and a lot of women like to have long hair for the same reason - the crowning glory; a lot of women like long hair on a dominant man for the 'barbarian'  or 'warrior' look.  (That's why I like long hair on men ;)) I used to work  in a hairdressing salon - just doing odds and sods, I never wanted to be a hairdresser - but it's made me very conscious of hair care product and hair fashions.  Every now and then a new craze comes along: as in, say, short pixie cuts for women, the 'Shy Di' cut in 1980 and ye Gods, I can remember the Farrah Fawcett wild and windswept look being huge. And that was only a blow-wave.  Then there was the long wash 'n' shake into place perms for the mega casual look. Lately it's been ballyarge, especially for long haired women.  There's been the No.1 buzz-cuts for men, thankfully that seems to have been and gone - and a couple of years ago here in Oz, the *** schoolboys were going for what I called the Peter Frampton 1977 look.  (Don't know what they called it, but that's what it looked like to me.  I didn't have the heart to tell 'em their cool 'do had been the thing about 35 years ago!)  And I must say, hair-care products are much better and less toxic to humans than they used to be.  I've made my own shampoo for myself and the Vandal as an experiment, will just have to see how it goes.  After chemo two years ago I ended up with a sharpened sense of smell, and hair products I had been using that were allegedly chemical free and natural obviously weren't.  I could detect the chemicals in them just passing the shop!

By the way, you're not the oldest bloke on this site, I've seen several men who are older. ;) And you write very well, I think the sci-fi novel would be a winner.

Posted

Hey, hey!  Glad to hear from someone near my own age---someone who remembers the glory days of the scene, before the curse of cell-phone cameras, You Tube, and "Fakebook".

I can definitely relate to the chemo experience.  Going through it right now, myself.  Finger tips not liking typing.  I've been through the initial radiation and chemo, as well as the surgery.  Both my surgeon and oncologist said that I have beat this cancer (Stage 3) with flying colors.  The pathology report from the surgery showed all lymph nodes negative!  Still, if I won this battle, why do I feel like the one who got his ass kicked?  This last round of chemo is really just a formality---a system flush to catch little particle that may have snuck past.

That inspires to write an interesting story about my experience in the hobbies column.  Watch for a post titled "Waking Godzilla", or something similar.

Back on the topic of long hair, it was a well known dominatrix (and good friend of mine) that classified long hair as a fetish.  Plus, a lot of the male doms seemed to be int the whole "Mine is longer than yours..." thing.  Compensating?  Sorry, they left themselves open for that one.

Posted

Hey, WAY cool - Fakebook.  Never been on it, don't want to be.  Seems like its more trouble than it's worth.  The finger tip thing does go away very gradually, then one day you realise it's actually gone. The things I hated most was losing my hair and having someone else's brain - and whoever they were, they were a real idiot.  But I came through.  Must be two of a kind.  My onc said I 'stormed through' and I'm glad to hear it's just about over for you. But yeah, you do feel like you got your arse booted - continually. The 'mine's longer than yours' contest is a crack-up! Will certainly look out for anything mentioning 'Godzilla' -  we're schlocky horror tragics :) - if you ever want to pm on matters chemo or whatever, do feel free.  It's a hard road and it's lonely, no matter how many great  friends and family are around you.

Posted

No real hair loss, fortunately.  Onc says I shouldn't have more than a little thinning.  Apparently, I'm just too tough and mean.  I know what you mean about "having someone else's brain".  The mood swings are the worst.  I can go from really p'd-off dom, to whimpering submissive, to "Everyone leave me the f-- alone!", in the blink of an eye.  I have to constantly tell my friends, "Don't mind me, I'm 'chemo-ing' today."  Oh yeah, I'd better take my evening Capecitabine pills.  I'm on that one too.

Posted

Message for Vandalslut.  Tried to PM.  But, I got an error message---something about my message rating being "zero".  Don't know what that's about.  Still haven't figured out all of the controls on this site.

Must be nice there, Down Under.  You're just getting into Summer.  Being native to the American Southwest, I love the heat.  Heading into Winter here---my most hated season.  Texas is brutal in the Winter.  And, it will prove to be even more brutal on chemo.  I truly need to get back west of the Rockies, where I'm used to the climate.

Posted

'Tis indeed nice down here, bar for the ***y bush fires.  We're not in the north of New South Wales, where they're really copping a ballocking - 400 + houses lost, crews dead on their feet and looters and arsonists getting on the move.  These last two are rare, thankfully. The Vandal is in the Rural Fire Service here where we live in the Blue Mountains, forty five years experience under the belt.  Last week HQ was asking for blokes to go north on a five day roster  but now we've got trouble close to home, which was expected since we're in ballocking drought and by Christmas, some towns in the state's west will have to have water trucked to them and rationed per household. There's one f*** of a huge bush fire burning about 15 k to the west of us, fortunately in a major national park and no homes threatened - yet.  On the up side - one must look there :) the red bottle brush are flowering and shortly the NZ Christmas bush and the native Christmas bush with its fans and bells of fire red flowers (respectively) will be flowering; we'll be tucking into fresh prawns, cold ham and salads for Christmas dinner, with ice-cold beers - and of course, complaining about the mobs in the shops and not meaning a ***y word of it.  Shall try pm-ing thee later or tomorrow.  Had the same mood swings, must come with the territory!

Posted

funnily enough.  I don't consider myself to have a hair fetish as such - but, that being said there are some hair styles I appreciate (the curls and mane of my former Mistress, for example) and I have long hair myself.

Buuut - one of the first fetishes I ever became aware of existing outside of maybe foot fetish, was hair fetish - as a friend of mine (who is ironically bald) has a really big hair fetish that did, at one point get him into trouble (he's moved on a lot since then, else he wouldn't be my friend)