Guys With Long Hair or Shaved Heads?

Phoenyx

Posted

A few days ago, a question was posted, that involved tastes in ethnicity.  I suspect that many folks shied-away from that discussion, as the topic could be as dangerous as working on live high-voltage circuitry.  So, here is a question that involves a personal choice of style:

How do you feel about men with long hair?  Or, what about men who shave their heads bald?  Maybe, you like both, or neither.  Perhaps, you prefer more "traditional" styles?

Posted
I like traditional style more, having a complete shaved have is hetic. You have to shave it periodically otherwise small hair head act like sand paper. On contrary, having long hair is troublesome. They keep making mess. Naturally man's head hair usally become thin due to hormones, so they may look bad.
At end, it solely depend on physique of that person, rather than a generalized opinion.
Posted
Used to have hair down to my arse, then went grey, so vainly cut it all off, Instantly regretting that decision. I dont think in hindsight it really matters, as I've realised now it's all about the chat, the connection. With that it matters not that much as it's the feels that bring two together, not the hair or anyrhing else.
Posted

I do have to say I always did like a skinhead back in the day, but these days I'm much more open to any and all haircuts and styles......it's usually how you carry it off and the confidence to do what you want that is most attractive 

Posted
I've had long hair my whole life & in my experience I've had nothing but positive attention from women. At one point in my early 20s, I cut it to try to fit in with everyone else. But I was trying to be someone that I'm not. Im an old school metalhead & long hair is just part of my look. So I grew it back out & here I am, all out of fucks to give👍lol
Posted
I had the dreaded male pattern baldness start in my late 20's, so made the radical decision (in 1989 it was not so common) to shave the lot off. Got a few comments I have to admit, but now who the hell cares? Are their times I would like to look windswept and interesting with long flowing locks? Sure. Yet my girls have enjoyed learning how to shave my head, and it is always a nice intimate moment.
Posted
Having had a head of thick, naturally wavy hair, which I was not keen on for the most part lol, for much of my life I then began to lose it; to the point where the bald patch on top was growing larger, it was receding so far at the front, it was more scalp than hair. I used number 1 on the hair trimmers for a while before deciding to just shave it all off.
I totally get how some ladies do not like bald men at all, & that's fair enough, we all have preferences in different things, & hair or no hair can be quite a major thing. Thankfully for us men, we don't really have to deal with such a choice when it comes to the ladies. Merely longer or shorter; or style or colour. Personally, I don't really have a preference as such when it comes to s ladies hair.
Posted
I prefer my gentlemen to have a classic cut though in my younger days there was nothing like a guy with long flowing locks as long as it wasn’t damaged and scraggly. Personal preference for the men. As long as you’re comfortable with it then why change it.
Posted

my hair is kinda... it's long but receding

one day I will cut it

But, me being the horrible capitalist that I am... I want it to be a video'd headshave I can then sell... so I need to find someone who I feel is truly worthy of the honour of cutting my hair ;) 

Posted

I'm not too fussed to be honest I love a bald guy ( biased as my Dom shaves his head but then I love when that bit of fuzz starts to grow back also lol ) I do like long hair on a guy but only to a certain length don't like it longer than the shoulders and if you look like Jason Momoa then that's a bonus lol. 

Posted

i love long hair on guys, the more funkier the style the better to me. (my partner currently had long dreadlocks and i love that look)

im very attracted to gothic and viking sort of looks so badl and short hair doesnt do it for me. same with a beard, i like a good one to hold on to or play with, just such a nice look and to me looks more grown up/mature than some clean shaven. eeek

Posted
21 hours ago, sonofthunder777 said:

I've had long hair my whole life & in my experience I've had nothing but positive attention from women. At one point in my early 20s, I cut it to try to fit in with everyone else. But I was trying to be someone that I'm not. Im an old school metalhead & long hair is just part of my look. So I grew it back out & here I am, all out of fucks to give👍lol

Same here.  I have been growing my hair ever since my senior year in highschool.  I just loved long hair.  I never cut it, despite "society's" attitudes.  I felt that such pressures were a gross intrusion into my private life.  Back in the 90's "Scene", long hair was considered to be a fetish.  Most of the guys, particularly the Doms, had hair that was quite long.  I felt right at home with my long hair.  About 10 years ago, my hair suddenly changed from dark-brown/black, to this ugly yellow color.  I figured that it had gone gray, only to learn later that the change had been caused by cancer.  The chemo didn't do it any favors either.  Luckily, it is now growing-out thick and dark again, with just a few streaks of gray---though it will take a couple years to get back to what it was.

20 hours ago, Sparklehorse said:

I totally get how some ladies do not like bald men at all, & that's fair enough, we all have preferences in different things, & hair or no hair can be quite a major thing.

Back in the early 2000's, bald/shaved heads were quite a thing with the ladies.  The popularity of shaved heads quickly surpassed long hair, when it came to "alternative styles".  The talk was that a smooth scalp had a certain sensuous nature.  So, it would seem that there is something for everyone.

21 hours ago, TheBookCollector said:

I had long hair during lock down, and found it nothing but a *** especially when it was windy

I am no fan of windy days either.  In my opinion, no day can be "nice", if it is windy.  Here, in the Texas Panhandle, it tends to be quite windy, most of the year (particularly Spring).  Which, gets into the topic of "ponytails".  I have always found a ponytail to be a huge PITA, as my hair is perfectly straight, and the band never wants to stay.  I do however, enjoy a long, single braid, from time to time---that is, if I have someone to braid it for me.  Anyone who has tried to braid their own hair in the back, has found that it usually comes-out looking like an angry snake.

40 minutes ago, JenniferTP said:

same with a beard, i like a good one to hold on to or play with, just such a nice look and to me looks more grown up/mature than some clean shaven. eeek

I have tried to grow a decent beard, more than once.  Unfortunately, it has never been in my ethnic cards (too much Paiute ***).  I did have a goatee, back in the 90's.  But, more recently, I got rid of it, as it proved to be too much of a hassle.  It required constant trimming, as it was so thin and scraggly.  To get an idea, it takes me 3 days to show a "Five-O'Clock shadow".

Posted (edited)

I had copper red hair down to my waist for several years until I began balding.  
A friend's wife told me to bite the bullet and just start shaving.

The reaction from the scenes I travelled in, both goth and the professional art world, seem to indicate a strong preference for my head being shaved.

That was 22 years ago I first shaved.

Edited by Deleted Member
spelling