Oh, Arnold Layne!

Vandalslut

Posted

Last night, the Oz news featured a story about a male employee from a posh Sydney motel, who'd been nabbed in possession of 1,047 pairs of unwashed ladies'   knickers, sundry bras and some bikini swimming costumes.  The news reader was trying very hard not to laugh, as police are now trying to track down ladies who stayed at the motel over a two year period. The next shot featured a bewildered lady confronted by a computer screen of hundreds of photos of the nicked knickers in an effort to identify the four pairs that went missing during her sojourn there. So I asked The Great God Google if there was a name for the singular fetish of nicking knickers, but the best it could give me was 'underwear fetish' with a side reference to 'panty raids'.  So...1.  Is there a name for this specific fetish - stealing unwashed (specified) ladies knickers ?  2.  If not - can we invent one?  That'd be fun. 3. If you identified your frillies in the 'photo line-up', would you want them back  or would you be worried about what this bloke might've been doing with them?  (Or in them...)

Posted

@Vandalslut I saw that, it was funny.........as far I know the term is called "Snowdropper " Fetish

Posted
In the words of pink floyd's debut sngle(nice to see the reference) it's more of a " strange hobby" but was believed to be a transvestite. (David Bowie later once sang on one of the Gilmore version.)
Posted
23 minutes ago, PixieDust said:

@Vandalslut I saw that, it was funny.........as far I know the term is called "Snowdropper " Fetish

Nice one, PixieDust - I forgot about the term 'Snowdropping' - it used to apply to any clothes thieved off washing lines.  Well, we have our first  possible official name for this fetish! And all I could think of was some poor copper going home and telling his wife, "I spent the whole ***y day taking photos of flaming stolen sheilas'  Reg Grundies!"

Posted
Not too sure whether to be serious about this or laugh about it. Erm, I would tell them to burn mine 😉
Posted

I think - and I've seen similar stories - it's easy to chuckle : but, christ, think how shitty it must be for the people who found that someone had been through their stuff and stolen from them to get off on it :/ 

I think there's lines - and given these ladies didn't consent to him having their underwear, this definitely crosses one. 

Posted
14 hours ago, MsBossyCow said:

Not too sure whether to be serious about this or laugh about it. Erm, I would tell them to burn mine 😉

So would I, I certainly wouldn't want them back.

2 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I think there's lines - and given these ladies didn't consent to him having their underwear, this definitely crosses one. 

That's the sad and serious side of it.  One lady said she did feel 'invaded' and  many people express that when their home's been broken into.  The bizarre  sight in this report was the accused coming out of the hearing (case postponed as he hadn't yet organised Legal Aid) and gleefully hailing all the reporters and media. He seemed to think he'd done something clever - until he noticed the obvious disapproval from them all.

Posted
On 12/3/2019 at 7:39 PM, Dionysus80 said:

"Panty Pirate"

Knicker-klepto?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 12/3/2019 at 6:49 PM, Vandalslut said:

Nice one, PixieDust - I forgot about the term 'Snowdropping' - it used to apply to any clothes thieved off washing lines.  Well, we have our first  possible official name for this fetish! And all I could think of was some poor copper going home and telling his wife, "I spent the whole ***y day taking photos of flaming stolen sheilas'  Reg Grundies!"

Hi, PixieDust - thanks for the sinful snowglobe! Couldn't PM you I'm afraid.  How do I pass it on, I couldn't find out how!

• 5 months later...
Posted

A news update to this story: the employee who committed the thefts of over 1,000 pairs of ladies knickers and bikini bottoms has been found guilty of theft and has escaped jail, on the condition that he seeks "counselling and therapy" for his "fetish".  He said he had struggled with it since he was 12 years old, and therefore the judge found that it was more than a 'fetish' and he needed psychological help.  What he's guilty of is theft. Taking something that was not his. So has anyone else ever heard of a thief found guilty of theft yet escaping jail because theft is a psychological problem and he'll get counselling for 'theft' issues? 'theft'? It appears here that the judge is deeming an underwear fetish a psychologicial problem. I don't believe it's a problem - stealing it is definitely a problem but theft isn't being branded as a 'fetish'. The man's liking for ladies underwear is the problem, according to the judge. What do other members think about this?

Posted

we've had similar cases over here, one eventually resulted in a lad I went to school with being jailed.

the problem is that the media does like to treat it as a joke silly season story, whereas its theft and in my school friend's case a little more since he wasn't just stealing from hotel laundries but entering gardens which is also dangerously close to stalking-it was that which got him a custodial sentence rather than the theft per se

although I admit that some women when the thefts were first reported did respond with a light hearted 'if someone wants to get in my knickers they can at least buy me a vodka and coke first'

best name media came up with was 'Basque Bandit'

Posted
4 minutes ago, Kymi said:

best name media came up with was 'Basque Bandit'

Not bad! I'm bothered because this man's liking for ladies underwear is being described as something he needs counselling for. Certainly, it is theft. But I really think it's not a good thing to suggest he's  a freak in need of psychological help because he likes ladies knickers.

Posted

that is as disturbing as 'them' missing the other point that its theft and also potentially stalking, although psychological help may be good for him though to help him investigate whether he's a fetishist or transgender, not that he can't be both says kinky Kymi, after all many of us started out by stealing relatives knickers before later coming to realise that this was the early onset of not wanting the underwear but feeling that we should have the equipment to go with them

Posted
1 hour ago, Vandalslut said:

Not bad! I'm bothered because this man's liking for ladies underwear is being described as something he needs counselling for. Certainly, it is theft. But I really think it's not a good thing to suggest he's  a freak in need of psychological help because he likes ladies knickers.

I think the counselling will be for the thieving not necessarily the underwear fetish. I'd suggest he buys dirty underwear online and then he's just another kinkster like the rest of us. I'm guessing the difficulty in getting ladies to willingly part with their dirty underwear is the reason for the thefts. Damn, all I see here is a potential business opportunity selling dirty knickers online 😂😂

Posted
2 hours ago, RowanGreenfire said:

I think the counselling will be for the thieving not necessarily the underwear fetish. I'd suggest he buys dirty underwear online and then he's just another kinkster like the rest of us. I'm guessing the difficulty in getting ladies to willingly part with their dirty underwear is the reason for the thefts. Damn, all I see here is a potential business opportunity selling dirty knickers online 😂😂

I hope so, because generally thieves here don't get counselling just for thieving.  I'll try and find out more of the story because I think the judge said that his 'fetish' was abnormal. or something similar. I have no problem with men collecting ladies lingerie, clean or dirty ;) provided they don't steal it, of course!

cautiousswitch
Posted

Victoria's Secret does hire panty sniffers - people who check, by scent, whether or not returned items have been worn or not.   Maybe 1,047 pairs of unwashed undies were collected as proof that of skill for a job application.

Posted
41 minutes ago, cautiousswitch said:

Victoria's Secret does hire panty sniffers - people who check, by scent, whether or not returned items have been worn or not.   Maybe 1,047 pairs of unwashed undies were collected as proof that of skill for a job application.

The really good ones can even name the person that wore them from the smell alone 😳😂.  

cautiousswitch
Posted
18 minutes ago, RowanGreenfire said:

The really good ones can even name the person that wore them from the smell alone 😳😂.  

That sounds a bit too stalker-ish.

Posted
1 hour ago, cautiousswitch said:

I've learnt something new!