Checking on brats

Snatcher

Posted

So if we are new to this with each other,  what's up with her being a brat right from the get?

Posted

I'm not sure I fully understand

is she bratting immediately in the relationship and you don't know what to do?

do you want her to brat? do you both want her to brat?

Posted
Generally being a brat is just a part of who they are, if not I've found they find it difficult being bratty on command, though yes some do have a hidden brat in them
Posted
I'm not understanding what you mean either. I feel that you are saying you anticipated a gradual shift to bratty behaviour in her and that her showing it from the start has taken you aback, would that be fair to say? Am I also reading an implication that you believe because of said behaviour she may not be "new to this"?
Posted

Nothing wrong with her bratting from the start, the question do you want this?

Posted
I think bratty behaviour keeps the constant cycle of punishment and discipline going - resistance = more punishment. That gives your sub incentive to behave. I believe you can still be dominant to a well behaved submissive but it's more about finding their boundaries and pushing them if that's the case. Taming a brat is a long process as well which is what makes it rewarding and well, fun.
Posted

That all depends on whether you want to stop bratty behaviour totally, if so aren't you just removing the part of a personality trait you found appealing at the start, just to show how dominant you are

Posted

a lot depends on the dynamics and what is incorporated into your relationship.

A brat, for example, isn't *necessarily* a sub.   A sub doesn't have to misbehave and go through correction.  Equally someone who is a bit of a brat can be fun but doesn't necessarily need harsh or strict punishments - it can be a very playful dynamic rather than a taming or correctional one.

Some people brat as a cheeky part of their personality. Some do it to provoke a certain reaction or punishment.

Sometimes, it's all really just play and whatever works for everyone within that.

Posted

Im not a Dom, but I imagine it's all down to the most important mutual consent, especially in the sense of a full relationship, i.e. boyfriend/girlfriend, and talking about things, which of course brings us to hard limits, if a sub doesn't want to lose bratty behaviour, as in in this case, then this must be respected, the same as if they want to be fully controlled and aspects of behaviour stopped, though both must take time for this to work

Posted
I'm not at all bratty by nature although it is fun for play, funishments ect. I find myself becoming very bratty if my current 'daddy' is letting me get away with stuff. I'm not getting away with much at the moment though so I'm happy and toeing the line 🤣
Posted

Sounds like she's outsmarting you.  Time to get those brain cells firing in high gear.  Start anticipating her actions.  In conversation, start finishing her sentences.  Show that you're always on step ahead.  Watch her eyes and body language.  She's likely going to telegraph her next move.  Brattiness can be a fun challenge.  It's much like a chess game.  I suspect she's waiting for you to show that kind of control.  You can assert your dominance without crushing her spirit.  Remember, this is all done for fun.

Posted

Definitely, I remember once playing with someone, after given her a spanking I heard her talking to a friend, giggling,and  ending up saying it hurt me more than her,  i took the phone and put it down, then tied her bent over the kitchen table, then said so it hurt me more, then ripped her jeans and panties off, she was still giggling and poking her tongue out, till I took my belt off...

Posted

Aha!  But, if you had anticipated what she was about to say to her friend, and called her upon it, before the words left her mouth, that would have had twice the effectiveness.  Oh, and before the spanking, you can say, "This will hurt me more than you."  But, you need to do it with an evil grin, to let her know that you're actually going to enjoy it.  Remember, this is all done for fun.

Posted

Not my style, and it had been discussed as a scenerio a couple of weeks earlier, it wasn't in a Dom/sub way, more mutual play really, importantly she enjoyed it, even if like a puppy after, wanting to please and that, and she equally enjoyed it when I gently rubbed ointment on her bum

Posted

Sounds like you've got it under control.  As long as you're having fun, and it's working the way you want.  Hey, if ain't broke, don't fix it!