New type of spam?

Posted

I've recently encountered few women who visited my profile and sent me a message right after I viewed their profiles.

The message contains a simple "Hello", or "Hey". And then they don't answer anymore.

Have you experienced this?

Posted

Well, I had one that responded to a message a couple of weeks ago, asking for a generous sub, so I answered that I was of course generous but what would be the D/s part apart from generosity. I don't think she has logged on since :)

Posted

I can't imagine not replying to a message being a very effective spam 

Posted
2 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I can't imagine not replying to a message being a very effective spam 

Well, not really a spam, but I've seen many examples of the exact same behavior. Doesn't seem normal to me.

Posted

I think they are fake profiles, I've had some like that, answer them and it's immediately let's go to hangout or whatever

Posted
1 hour ago, quietlysure said:

I think they are fake profiles, I've had some like that, answer them and it's immediately let's go to hangout or whatever

Well, my cases didn't answer at all.

Posted
Haven't had one spam message yet, still time to get one.
Posted

Personally the best type of spam for me is when you fry it on both sides and put it on a sandwich with cheese and scrambled egg. It’s absolutely delicious. My daughter agrees with me. A Spamburger is just something else...

The other type of spam, oh yeah, I’ve had loads of that. People wanting to be my slave when they live 8436 km away. How’s that going to work then? people who want to worship me and be my little baby girl. What a load of utter rubbish! where does this crap spam come from? Er, America, most of the time, I think…

Posted
17 hours ago, SidoraxVonCreep said:

I've recently encountered few women who visited my profile and sent me a message right after I viewed their profiles.

The message contains a simple "Hello", or "Hey". And then they don't answer anymore.

Have you experienced this?

This has been discussed a few times lately in threads. Could be shyness or nervousness. Could be they had a couple of drinks and felt a bit daring. Then got nervous the next day. Maybe they met someone else in here and got talking.  Could be just bad manners. Could be someone doing it for a laugh - going fishing and see what reaction they get - not nice, but people do it. Who knows?  Move on.

Posted

incidentally I went through my PMs last night (everyone should do this now and then ;) ) and the amount of people who'd contacted me who'd been booted off site (scam/bots) or had deleted their accounts (sad in some ways) was unreal. 

Mind, certainly with the former it goes to show there are good systems in place in dealing with that.

Posted
6 hours ago, Fredddy said:

Personally the best type of spam for me is when you fry it on both sides and put it on a sandwich with cheese and scrambled egg. It’s absolutely delicious. My daughter agrees with me. A Spamburger is just something else...

SPAM!!!! :jumping::clapping:  We love a Spamburger too.  Haven't tried the scrambled egg on it yet, though...A delight to anticipate...

Posted
4 hours ago, Vandalslut said:

This has been discussed a few times lately in threads. Could be shyness or nervousness. Could be they had a couple of drinks and felt a bit daring. Then got nervous the next day. Maybe they met someone else in here and got talking.  Could be just bad manners. Could be someone doing it for a laugh - going fishing and see what reaction they get - not nice, but people do it. Who knows?  Move on.

Of course I move on. It's not a big deal for me.

Posted
3 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

incidentally I went through my PMs last night (everyone should do this now and then ;) ) and the amount of people who'd contacted me who'd been booted off site (scam/bots) or had deleted their accounts (sad in some ways) was unreal. 

Mind, certainly with the former it goes to show there are good systems in place in dealing with that.

Yeah, in the end, they were all kicked.

Posted
4 hours ago, Vandalslut said:

SPAM!!!! :jumping::clapping:  We love a Spamburger too.  Haven't tried the scrambled egg on it yet, though...A delight to anticipate...

All round to Fredddy's to try his spamburger 😋

Posted
At least 90% of the profiles that have messaged me have been deleted for violating the site terms or are being 'verified.' I don't reply for a few days now just to see if they'll still be there.
Posted

The other thing that happens is when files are shared with partner/*** sites, not always of the same kind, for example, if a woman's on a simple dating site looking for love, then messages someone, here for instance, only to get I'm gonna whip your butt in response, well it's not really fair on either

Posted
I've come across a few on here that seem to have not noticed it's a fetish site.
Posted

That's the thing in some cases, though your profile is, well on here, but it could also appear on, let's say roses are red a looking for love site as an example, a woman likes your photo and messages you, well in that case you can see why they may disappear

Posted
50 minutes ago, quietlysure said:

That's the thing in some cases, though your profile is, well on here, but it could also appear on, let's say roses are red a looking for love site as an example, a woman likes your photo and messages you, well in that case you can see why they may disappear

Oh my. Does that mean that this creep can also appear on some tame love sites. R.I.P. folk.

Posted

Yes - the American lady who is looking for love on this site just makes me think that "well, you might be finding a LOT more than that here, my dear" 😂😂

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, SidoraxVonCreep said:

Oh my. Does that mean that this creep can also appear on some tame love sites. R.I.P. folk.

Well yes I guess, though once when that happened she still wanted to chat, after a bit we met up, she found out she loved being spanked 😂😂

Edited by quietlysure
Posted
6 hours ago, quietlysure said:

why would your profile also appear on another site?

one of the things I like about this site is that it isn't a shared database like so many are. 

Posted
On 1/24/2020 at 11:45 PM, eyemblacksheep said:

why would your profile also appear on another site?

one of the things I like about this site is that it isn't a shared database like so many are. 

Agreed. Surely it’s only going to be on another site if you have put it there? The real issue is that more and more ways to scam people are being dreamed up every day. This is just another. Scammers are very patient and will spend years working slowly toward their big pay day when some unsuspecting victim falls prey to scammers’ efforts to extract *** from them. Delete and block, works every time.