COVID 19

SolomanStrange

SolomanStrange
Posted

If your concerned about COVID 19

This is by far the most interesting and intelligent interview I have seen!

Please watch and share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzp56hhaJIM&feature=share

Posted

There's a lot of info flying around - some of which can be confusing to follow at times

Please ultimately always try to follow WHO for the latest advice and recommendations 

Posted

I don't suppose you could be so kind to highlight some key points?

I don't quite have the time/energy for such a long interview unfortunately

SolomanStrange
Posted

Totally agree with KF.

SolomanStrange
Posted

Sorry it's very long and complicated. But mirrors government advice. stay at home social and distance. It talks about how the virus attacks the body, and how venterlators are not going to work without more staff. Testing is also key fighting the battle. This is only a short section from a longer interview. However it does talk about how the death rate is probably hugely exaggerated as many cases are not recorded as symptoms are so mild. If you get the time it's a good watch!

Posted

ah cool. thank you

yeah, there is very much a thing that obviously ventilators don't run themselves; and that's an area where in the UK we come up a bit short.

Yeah, if you look in Germany - their death rate is low because there is widespread testing but in other countries testing not so widespread for one reason or another.

There's also some slight concerns about deaths recorded as covid19 whether they actually were or not. It gets confusing.

Posted

If the Chinese government had jumped at the advice the ophthalmologist Dr Li told his professional colleagues about, instead of silencing him and threatening him for "spreading false rumours", we probably wouldnt be in this mess now. Plus, Italy has very close ties with China, and groups of school children returned from holidaying, in January...and Italian government hosted a special dinner with Chinese dignitaries...and no one stopped it, even when they knew what was happening in the North of Italy. WHO websites are worth a read, along with New York Times Opinions from their East Asian and Central European journalists. Horrific.
Keep safe, physical distance, if you can. Stay home, if possible.

Posted

Leatherfox2010 is absolutely right. Sadly Dr Li lost his life to the virus he tried to warn people about. What's worse is China should have been the one country in the world that would react properly given there precious epidemic with SARS. Sadly like the mayor in the movie Jaws they were more interested in the *** from the upcoming event (Chinese New year).
What is most scary is the fallout afterwards. We are heading into another global financial crisis which is predicted to be worse than the one in 2008. Yet idiots are hoarding food so they can host parties and celebrate the fact that thousands of people will die but at least they get some days off work. Makes me sick to be honest.

Posted
3 hours ago, MaskedDom said:

they were more interested in the *** from the upcoming event (Chinese New year).

That's exactly what I believe it was all about, too.  Glad to see you about, MaskedDom, looks like your doctor's diagnosis of a MILD case of Covid was right. :$

All kidding aside, the coming financial crisis is going to make 2008 look like a picnic and various governments are doing what they feel to be the best solution.  Oz is in lock down now - outings only for food shopping, medical attention/ chemist or if you cannot do your work from home.  No matter what our media says, or our Government representatives, the hoarding, panic buying and black market profiteering continues here.   We'll all come out of this with a very different view of all aspects of  Life, the Universe and Everything.

Posted
2 hours ago, Vandalslut said:

That's exactly what I believe it was all about, too.  Glad to see you about, MaskedDom, looks like your doctor's diagnosis of a MILD case of Covid was right. :$

Thank you Vandalslut although I don't think I actually had it tbh. It was most likely a chest bug made worse by my immune system. However either way I'm playing it safe and sticking to quarantine as they recommend. 

2 hours ago, Vandalslut said:

Oz is in lock down now - outings only for food shopping, medical attention/ chemist or if you cannot do your work from home.  No matter what our media says, or our Government representatives, the hoarding, panic buying and black market profiteering continues here.

Sadly it's the same here in the UK. There have even been councils posting photos of bins overflowing with food as the hoarders aren't even freezing it. Not to mention the large numbers of people completely ignoring the lockdown and even kids starting fires 😠.

It is disgusting to see so many people revealing their true selves in this crisis. The police are regularly breaking up parties ATM yet the people complain it's not right. I'll tell you what's not right, partying over the fact that thousands will die just because you get some time off work!

On top of that many businesses are trying to slip by the law claiming to be essential when they are not. Some people have reported anonymously that their employers are telling even pregnant women they have to come back to work!

Posted
1 hour ago, MaskedDom said:

There have even been councils posting photos of bins overflowing with food as the hoarders aren't even freezing it.

WTF???? That's a disgrace! We've had the odd idiot party - including a wedding that had Gods know how many people at it in direct contravention of 5 people only (including bridge, groom and rev/celebrant) but nothing like you're seeing.  The Vandal was out and about for his work today, and the coppers are jumping on any groups of more than two people - new law, 2 only unless the group is a family all dwelling at the same address. Socially speaking, the two main problems  we've got are grey nomads buggering about the countryside in caravans as if they're the exception to the rule - and spitting!  It's become the new weapon.  It's a ***y disgusting habit anyway, and cops are arresting anyone doing it on a charge of assault, I think.

The Government is putting together a 'jobkeeper' allowance here - businesses get 1500.00 per employee per fortnight as long as the employee has been working there for over a year.  There's been several businesses try to slide past here as well - they not only getting shut down, they're getting massive fines.

I've offered the thought, to a few people when discussing this, that we will see our fellow man very differently after this.

Grog is now going on the ration - and there's going to be another hysterical round of hoarding and panic buying - don't need a crystal ball to see this new brawl coming.

1 hour ago, MaskedDom said:

I'll tell you what's not right, partying over the fact that thousands will die just because you get some time off work!

It's because we've become so detached from our fellow humans. I could pontificate on this like a constipated owl till the cows come home, but not here and not now. But I will - soon!

Posted

I think a few governments were too slow to react.   Perhaps China didn't quite realise the severity at first - but - that the UK went ahead with things like Cheltenham and the US went ahead with things like Mardi Gras - these are things the countries had little/no excuse on being prepared for.

It's easy to see why some folk feel economy was being put before health.

Posted

The horders, yeah, pleased to say we're relatively OK stocked - and - haven't had to throw anything out through waste.

At the minute, neither my wife or I have had any symptoms - but - should either of us, we'd both then be housebound for a fortnight - I think there's other folk with similar ***s.  I found when I was in Lidl yesterday there were no real shortages - but I think a lot of people panic bought between a mixture of *** they'd have to lockdown or be isolated, or *** supplies would run out - not helped when a lot of folk were posting empty shelves.  

India did what a lot of folk in the UK ***ed - announced a lockdown at 4 hours notice and people are now shut down in their houses without enough food for the duration.