What I've learnt (learned?) from covid-19

Wo****

Posted

First thing is that I have no idea if it's learnt or learned...

Second is that I'm crap at scrabble...

Third is who my real friends are. Since lockdown I've had three "friends" get back in touch asking how i was. Thing is, that's not why they messaged me, they wanted something.

I've also discovered what a small world it is and often it's not what you know but who you know. Funny what comes to light sometimes.

Posted

What a fabuloso topic!  What have we learnt?

That the pace of life is slower and that much more is accomplished - and therefore less stress; simpler and more old-fashioned pastimes and games are being dusted off as screenagers find out that endless hours to play computer games just isn't that great after all; that the majority of us are concerned for the welfare of our neighbours, community and fellow-man generally, and that those who stampeded the shops to hoard are really in a minority; that it's pleasant NOT to feel socially obligated to be here, there or wherever ; and there are always alternatives.

Tomorrow, April 25, is Anzac Day.  A day very special and dear to Aussie hearts.  We commemorate the Gallipoli landing and all those who fell in wars; we go to dawn services at our local memorial/cenotaph; we eat a hearty Gun Barrel breakfast in the beer garden at 7 am - the only time most people have a beer with breakfast; and after the 11.00 a.m. service and local march, the pipe band plays in the pub - and always include a quick trample through the two-up game just to annoy the Spinner - and it's the only day of the year when two-up may be legally played. At about 5 or 6 in the evening, the local cops prowl by, note that there's a few who have made very merry and who need to go home; and there's a few more asleep under the beer garden tables. They good-naturedly haul them up and send them on their way. In Sydney, there is a great March of the veterans and their descendants in their Army or RAAF units/ ships marching behind the banners, and it's a grand sight to see a Vietnam veteran Granddad stepping it out in his best suit and medals, with a little grandson by his side determinedly marching along too.  But this year...No, there'll be no events like these.  Instead we'll be turning out at 6.00 a.m. in our driveways, with a candle, to make our remembrances. But it won't be lonely with so many Australia-wide, all participating.

And...I also learnt that when I make out my Christmas shopping list, I'll write:  'Bounty - a DICTIONARY!' :jumping:  Just so you can win at Scrabble...

Posted

I've been somewhat thankful that things have flushed back up some conversations with a friend who I drift in and out with.   I've not really had those who wanted something feigning being interested in my wellbeing. 

yet.

Posted

Ive learned from google that both "learned" and "learnt"are both acceptable.

Not to rush Into something you are not ready for.

After losing faith in the human race with the event of the last few weeks, it has shown me I may be wrong. Maybe we are not as selfish as I thought.

That there should always be a space after a full stop or comma 😂.

That masturbation is a treat and really does break up the monotony.Key for mental health.Thank you internet and laptop 😂.

To listen to those with experience and absorb the advice given.

Always been shit at scabble so make the two dictionary's @Vandalslut 😂😂

Posted

I’m in the exact same mind as you; I’ve sent out messages to my friends to make sure they are ok (especially my NHS friends), and I’ve only had one or two get back to me.
So once this is all done I think I might evaluate my friends on a whole.

Posted

I've learned that I really value this site and this community so very much. The people here have become closer friends to me and a few have become the kind of friends I know I'll treasure for a long, long time.
I've learned that a lot of stuff just doesnt matter and I can let it go.
And if Donnykinkster starts putting spaces in his writing consistently, I will have learned that you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Posted
41 minutes ago, MsWhiteRose said:

😂😂I'm trying so much Rose. Woof woof.

Posted
22 minutes ago, Donnykinkster said:

😂😂I'm trying so much Rose. Woof woof.

2 spaces after a full stop, lol, just like a longer pause between cane strokes as opposed to hands

Posted

I use two spaces! Love your metaphor Kymi 🤣

Posted

It's unfortunate that it takes times like these to realise who your true friends are. I've realized only recently also that I can probably count my true friends on one hand. I've had to cut toxic friends out my life before it's hard but you have to do it for yourself and for me it was for own mental health as they were bringing me down further, this was before I found fetish and now I know who my true friends are I've found them all here.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Curvykate said:

I use two spaces! Love your metaphor Kymi 🤣

Not only do we learn about kink/bdsm some of  us get Free English lessons 😂

Posted
3 minutes ago, Donnykinkster said:

Some might say I haven’t mastered the language yet being an Aussie 😆

Posted
1 hour ago, lil-monster said:

It's unfortunate that it takes times like these to realise who your true friends are. I've realized only recently also that I can probably count my true friends on one hand. I've had to cut toxic friends out my life before it's hard but you have to do it for yourself and for me it was for own mental health as they were bringing me down further, this was before I found fetish and now I know who my true friends are I've found them all here.

Love u princess. Cocktails asap

Posted
1 hour ago, Donnykinkster said:

But thus far no useful scrabble words 🤨

Posted
3 hours ago, Kymi said:

2 spaces after a full stop, lol, just like a longer pause between cane strokes as opposed to hands

It used to be 2 spaces after a full stop, if you learned to copy type in the old days. Editors will now ask for one space after a full stop and will very likely reject your manuscript if it uses 2. They're a picky lot. 

I still struggle not to do 2 spaces after a full stop and I still think it looks better. 

I'm still waiting for Donny to get used to doing ONE. 

Posted
1 hour ago, LazyPiratesBounty said:

Wanna play? I can teach you some. Especially those handy two-letter words that can snag you extra points when you make words in multiple directions. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Charms said:

Love u princess. Cocktails asap

Definitely!!!!!!!! 

Posted
8 minutes ago, MsWhiteRose said:

It used to be 2 spaces after a full stop, if you learned to copy type in the old days. Editors will now ask for one space after a full stop and will very likely reject your manuscript if it uses 2. They're a picky lot. 

I still struggle not to do 2 spaces after a full stop and I still think it looks better. 

still is where I write, I've had manuscripts rejected for not using two, and seen uni theses marked down,

maybe you should agree a forfeit with Donny for every time he forgets lol.

part of the online Scrabble challenge maybe

Posted
1 hour ago, LazyPiratesBounty said:

my main problem with Scrabble is remembering how something is spelt in modern English, being poly lingual can be a *** sometimes

Posted
24 minutes ago, MsWhiteRose said:

I'm still waiting for Donny to get used to doing ONE

Why do I feel I've been given a task? It seems I have @LazyPiratesBountyapparently wanting to do unspeakable Things to me and you giving me tasks.You trying to turn me ladies???😁😁

Posted
8 minutes ago, Donnykinkster said:

Why do I feel I've been given a task? It seems I have @LazyPiratesBountyapparently wanting to do unspeakable Things to me and you giving me tasks.You trying to turn me ladies???😁😁

You put the idea in my head!

Posted
18 minutes ago, Donnykinkster said:

why not, I have been lol

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kymi said:

why not, I have been lol

Ha ha ha @Kymi😂😂 it did not go unnoticed the other day when we were discussing Pop socks.  Did you order some? 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Donnykinkster said:

Ha ha ha @Kymi😂😂 it did not go unnoticed the other day when we were discussing Pop socks.  Did you order some? 

yes