Old school standards meets new school expectations

Posted
On 4/28/2020 at 4:45 PM, Kaelloric said:

I'm right there. I take a Maslow's approach. Every submissive has her needa and wants, and cannot always tell the difference. I don't deserve your obedience. I expect to earn the right to control.

The deeper understanding of communication and consent to control seems to be lacking in the younger generation of Dominants. It takes time and experience to grasp. Very few will seek out an older Dominant for instruction. Good lessons can come from unexpected places.

Ive been chatting and met up with a Female sub (new to BDSM) who is 27 years younger than me. I'm taking things twice as slow with her and making sure she knows what BDSM really is and what type of Dom i am. I ask her loads to tell me what she wants. I think she is getting a bit tired of the slow pace and is really wanting to get stuck in.  Each time we meet, I introduce her to something new and also give her something to take home to think about. Just when she thinks she knows what she wants, I introduce her to something else that makes her go oooow and she then changes her mind as to what she desires.

She has chatted to some younger Doms who just jump right in, they meet and she soon comes back disappointed. I end up having to fix issues and help her to understand why it went south. I'm finding it frustrating that some younger Doms think subs have to follow instructions and do things without proper conversations. Some younger Doms  just think they are owed respect and then say the sub wasn't a good sub when they question things.