Birthday Spankings

cautiousswitch

cautiousswitch
Posted

It seems like a lot of my kinky friends have a birthday in May or June and it just got me to thinking about the origin of birthday spankings.  Why on someone's special day would you spank them? I can sort of see putting a child in their place - yes, you're a year older now but the adults are still in charge.  On the other hand, I've got to wonder if there may have been some sort of kink involved with the first birthday spankings.  The older you are, the more spankings you get - woohoo! Plus it's usually done with people watching; what's a little exhibitionism/voyeurism among friends?

A web search has suggested that it started with spanking a new born and grew from that.  Another site says, "According to Peter Berresford Ellis' non-fiction work The Celtic Empire, Birthday spanking originated with the Celtic practice of birthday spankings as a preventive measure to protect the child from evil spirits for the following year."  So a protective dom/me spanks their sub to protect them from evil spirits, another benefit of spanking.