Bratz!!

Posted (edited)

BDSM brats are typically, female submissives who enjoy being disobedient, cheeky or downright mischievous. They like to push boundaries just for fun and it is fun for them, for the wrong Dom not so much.

Here’s the thing though, there’s always an exception in kink. While most brats are female submissives, that’s not true 100% of the time. Brats can be any gender and identify as any archetype. 

(Note: For sake of ease, I will refer to brats as “subs”, but brats do identify as every role under-the-sun.)

They’re usually playful and fun when misbehaving, although they can go off the rails too. More often than not, brats let out that side in order to get a reaction from their Dom/Caregiver. Acting out is usually a cry for attention because most brats are exhibitionists and when they don’t get the desired reaction from subtle hints, they’ll push harder and act out wilder. 

A brat doesn’t want to win. They want to wrestle.... that’s why they brat. 

They’re not looking to overpower their Dom, they’re looking to challenge them. A brat wants to end up on their knees, eventually. They just don’t want to drop there willingly, they want to be made to kneel for their D-type. A brat wants to feel that dominance and be overcome by it. They want to poke, *** and tease until enough is enough and they’re on their stomach getting the spanking they richly deserve and want more than anything else. 

Now, contrary to belief a brat is not a poorly behaved sub. In fact, brats frequently invite their Dom to push them further into subspace. Often, they’ll incite some form of funishment.

Unlike punishments, funishments are meant to... well, literally add some fun to punishments. Funishments are doled out when there’s humor in the bad behaviour, while on the other hand, punishments lay down the law when a sub takes things too far. Brattiness stems from silliness and humor, which is why they often receive funishments. On the flip side, badly behaved subs aren’t respectful and will lash out at anyone. They’ll do it without humour and often make it awkward for those around them. In these circumstances they will earn real punishments. A Dom should know their sub well enough to tell the difference in the two behaviours. There will be times when a brat will seemingly act more like a “badly behaved sub” but most times it stems from a problem or life issue and is being channeled as brattiness. Knowing your partner and understanding the difference between being a brat and lashing out emotionally via their bratty side is incredibly important.

Many brats are brats their entire lives. However occasionally a bratty streak can pop up for a short period of time, only to disappear forever. In kink we are forever evolving and experimenting. 

A bratty submissive is still a submissive, they just have a different language of submission than some and need a Dom willing to play their games.

Just remember it’s a game they want to lose but they’re going to make you earn that victory and will always be testing you to see if you have what it takes to win. 

💗

:whipping::handcuffs:

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted

Your post reflects my experiences with a bratty submissive, it's nice to see it put in to words.

Posted

This is soo real and hits the spot.. I often wonder if I'm in the caterogory of brat as I do Like to push buttons sometimes... 😂😂.. Maybe will develop more in the future.. 

Posted

That was a very interesting read. I don’t tend to use a lot of punishment, but it could be fun to do it “in fun”. A firm bum smacking is nice on a hot bum ;-)

Posted

There is a clear difference between a cheeky brat and an individual with an attitude problem - it's a switch.

A Dom is not always dominant 

A sub is not always submissive

Personally, I enjoy some resistance as a Doormat is no fun.

Posted

Wow! Its great to read such an accurate description of what goes on in my head. Thank you for putting my feelings and actions into your words, inspiring!

Posted

Eloquently written and grammatically sound x

Posted
1 hour ago, Rockchicknat said:

This is soo real and hits the spot.. I often wonder if I'm in the caterogory of brat as I do Like to push buttons sometimes... 😂😂.. Maybe will develop more in the future.. 

we have all the fun 🤭😉💗

Posted
1 hour ago, SirPaul said:

in fun

Funishment is sooooo much fun! 

Posted
43 minutes ago, Koby said:

There is a clear difference between a cheeky brat and an individual with an attitude problem

There is indeed

Posted
9 minutes ago, ShropshireDom66 said:

Eloquently written and grammatically sound x

Thank you 💗

Posted

Thank you my *** brat. As a brat your post resonates. Being a brat is not about being disrespectful it’s more about being fun and having a challenge. I embrace my brat and wear it proudly.

Posted

I never made the connection between bratting and exhibitionism until now. But thinking back on it, I find myself identifying with it much more. Well written!

Posted
4 hours ago, Leisa said:

I embrace my brat and wear it proudly.

So you should, she’s a beautiful little creature! 💗

Posted
2 hours ago, DeepHeartsCore428 said:

I never made the connection between bratting and exhibitionism until now. But thinking back on it, I find myself identifying with it much more. Well written!

We do like to show off 💗

Posted
13 hours ago, Koby said:

There is a clear difference between a cheeky brat and an individual with an attitude problem - it's a switch.

A Dom is not always dominant 

A sub is not always submissive

Personally, I enjoy some resistance as a Doormat is no fun.

So, are you saying that switches are individuals with an attitude problem? ..

Posted

I do like people with attitude. Don't know if that necessarily makes them brats? It makes them human, most certainly

Posted
1 hour ago, Carnelian2 said:

I do like people with attitude. Don't know if that necessarily makes them brats? It makes them human, most certainly

Agreed, I decided not to address the earlier comment t due to certain forum spreads causing friction lately 

💗

Posted
4 hours ago, Carnelian2 said:

So, are you saying that switches are individuals with an attitude problem? ..

Nope - attitude as in general personality. E.g. argumentative, rude or confrontational 

Switching  is a mindset not personality trait.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Koby said:

Switching  is a mindset not personality trait.

Switching of course is a personality trait, it's ingrained deep within the individual so is part of what they are. They do not make a choice to be a switch, it just is so therefore part of their personality

Posted
7 hours ago, little_dark_princess said:

We do like to show off 💗

I’m an attention whore, what can I say?