When did you realize you were bi?

Posted

If you're bi, when did you first realize it?

(Background: I've been a transwoman since my 20s but was raised by my parents as an ordinary but nerdy boy.)

I knew I was different in later grade school, maybe fifth grade when I developed my first crush on a boy classmate after having my first crush on a girl in maybe third grade. I knew it was different that I wanted a particular boy in the sixth grade to kiss me (but didn't pursue it).

Puberty kinda confirmed it. I spent maybe as much time looking at Sears male underwear models as I did female. I went to an all male Catholic high school and eventually fell in love with the boy who on the first day of school became my high school best friend. I also got the hots for him. I wanted many times to tell him how I felt, but never did. I dated a few girls in high school, including one who dumped me for my best friend. That crushed me, losing a girl I loved to a boy I loved.

That leads to another question: Were the first signs of your bisexuality that you were aware of sexual feelings or romantic feelings? I suppose that begs for the question of whether your sexual and romantic feelings for both sexes are symmetric. Mine were, but your mileage may differ.

Posted

I realised I was bi when I went to a swinger's party got together with a couple and did things I never thought I would

Posted

I kissed a girl and liked it 😊

Its not something I've really explored.... yet 😋

Posted

I realized I was Bi/pan when I was a *** going through secondary school not realising what those feelings were it was a tough time. I was in an abusive relationship for years, when I finally broke free I suffered with bad depression. It was only then when chatting to my Counsellor that she then brought all these feelings forward that I'd kept hidden for years!!!! She was able to get to the core of me and I knew then this is me this is who I am I am Bi/pansexual!!!! 

I've had a few relationships with women that have lasted longer than any relationship I've had with a man. Only male relationships that has really stood test of time is the man I'm with now my Sir 🙂🥰 and that's not saying that I'd rather be with a woman than a man, it's just maybe I was choosing the wrong kind of man. But me now I'm attracted to the person more and not the actual sex of that person!!! ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜♥️

Posted

I realised i was bi/pan at the age of 13, came out at 14...dated a few girls in secondary school (high school) but only for a few weeks. Then i was in a LTR for 8 years with a guy, towards end of that relationship we went into a open relationship and i slept with a women for the first time and it was amazing. 

Then me and my ex split up and i had a 3sum with my best mate and her bf. We did speak about having a 3 way relationship but decided it was best not too. We just decided to keep having fun every so often. That was fun whilst is lasted

I fall for someone's personality rather than their gender... And if someone is hot (to me) they are hot.. Again doesn't matter what gender they are

Posted (edited)

I didn't know what Bi was when I was little I was confused why I felt attracted to both sex. At the same time I was also attracted to rope play ( couldn't figure that one out till later in life) As well as kink stuff.

It was only when I hit secondary school that I had heard the term Bi I knew of lesbian and Gay but coming from a small town with very little knowledge and backwards towards the LGBTQ+ it was confusing for when I was younger. 

By that time I learned to experiment with girls and boys in the arts of kissing and it felt natural both ways. 

But I've had more relationships with men than women. Gay community is very small where i am. My choices were limited. 

I tried confessing to my own mother by asking her what if i told you i was gay (testing the waters), but she was threatening and said she would disown me if it was true and would never be part of the family and would throw me out of the house with no where to go.

But as I grew older I kind of wish i had shared relationship with both men and women. Wish i had family and friends that were supportive but i had to keep my secret for years. 

But now I'm older and much wiser I have brilliant friends here and few at home. Still a backwards town. But trying to become stronger about my sexuality than I have done in years. 

Edited by Shenna
Posted

I tried a little to find gay people when I was in university. I knew there were such things as drag bars, and that's where I thought I might find a gay male identity, as a drag queen. But I knew already that I wanted to be pursued and attractive as a woman, not a man, so I had a lot of dissonance. It's probably good I was to shy to go to gay bars at that age, because I suspect I would have been reckless enough to have become a statistic in the then-new AIDS crisis.

I'm still curious and unrequited in learning if others who consider themselves bi/pan have or have had romantic feelings for both sexes.