Foot and toe body modification due to footwear

Bo****

Posted (edited)

Fetish world aside for a moment, feet are very often overlooked and can be made to put up with a lot over their lifetime. No two are the same and over the years they are physically influenced to varying degrees by the shoes and stockings/tights we wear on them.

A common example might be the 4th and 5th/little toes point or curl down and/or point or curl inwards. Similarly for the big toes. Many 'de'formities can be degenerative or from birth also. A more subtle effect of footwear as well as other influences is the shaping of the flesh of the toes where they regularly meet other toes and surfaces.

To demonstrate this perfectly, searching the internet for: " A predominant type of footwear and its inevitable effect. The shape of the foot conforms to that of the shoe " brings up an image from a 1905 study showing the soles of a pair of pointy shoes beside the soles of a pair of feet that look like they have spent a lot of time wearing those shoes.

My first experience of giving a friend a foot rub as a ***ager, on top of a pile of hay bales, I remember feeling her little toes were triangular in shape where they had spent their time pressed between her fourth toes, the ground and whatever footwear she wore. That left a pronounced edge where the bottom and inner faces met. I was slightly perturbed by it at the time but now seek it my own feet as well as others.

So, given that narrow and pointy shoes still play a big role in fashion as do stockings and tights, I wonder to what extent the resulting effect on the wearers feet is something that derives some amount of pleasure. Be it erotic or otherwise, deliberately or ***ly, or even indirectly.

I've discussed this a little bit privately but never ever seen any mention of it elsewhere.
Personally, it is a very deliberate choice I make to sometimes wear pointy shoes and I choose them to achieve a particular result. But I am very interested to know your thoughts.

Edited by Bons
MotherofTears
Posted

It's no longer deemed acceptable to engage in the foot binding practiced in the Chinese Imperial Court; which considering that began in childhood is probably a good thing...The 'Lotus Foot' produced by a lifetime of binding had a powerful hold on the erotic imagination of the time, as evidenced by the poetry and erotica rhapsodising about the folds of the partner's foot. Similar poetry from the owners of the feet doesn't seem to have survived.

Posted
22 minutes ago, MotherofTears said:

It's no longer deemed acceptable to engage in the foot binding practiced in the Chinese Imperial Court; which considering that began in childhood is probably a good thing...The 'Lotus Foot' produced by a lifetime of binding had a powerful hold on the erotic imagination of the time, as evidenced by the poetry and erotica rhapsodising about the folds of the partner's foot. Similar poetry from the owners of the feet doesn't seem to have survived.

Yes, there is that.
That reminds me that I saw an article about a MtF trans who bound their feet to make them smaller. But as far as I could tell it wasn't comparable to the old Chinese tradition.

Posted

"So, given that narrow and pointy shoes still play a big role in fashion as do stockings and tights, I wonder to what extent the resulting effect on the wearers feet is something that derives some amount of pleasure. Be it erotic or otherwise, deliberately or ***ly, or even indirectly."

For me, yes, there is a certain amount of pleasure, that said, its not something I'd do to please just myself, the payoff isn't worth it..and by that I mean the fetish aspects related to my wearing them give me much more pleasure than wearing uncomfortably narrow footwear which is likely to damage my feet both long and short term, blisters, corns, bunions, calluses, ***, discomfort, nail damage and so on are things I don't want and personally find unattractive..but, occasionally wearing them especially knowing what effect they're having and will continue to have, that's so worth a blister or two.

Posted
3 hours ago, MzJax said:

wearing uncomfortably narrow footwear which is likely to damage my feet both long and short term, blisters, corns, bunions, calluses, ***, discomfort, nail damage and so on are things I don't want and personally find unattractive

Care must be taken, and attention paid, to avoid these things.

Each to their own, but that's not what I paid reference to in the OP

Posted

I've spent my life barefoot whenever I can. Particularly outside. And on my toes.

My toes curl very slightly downwards..... Not thought about it before. Toes gripping the ground?

As far as pointy shoes go, I can only wear them for short periods. After a while I feel like my feet are trapped in bricks.

Posted (edited)

Clearly I've misunderstood then I thought the question was asking me, as a wearer of these shoes, if I derived pleasure from them and the effect they had on my feet, and as you mailed me to direct me to the post I erroneously it appears, thought you wanted my thoughts on what I know about and my interpretation of the question.

Edited by MzJax
Typo
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, MzJax said:

Clearly I've misunderstood then I thought the question was asking me, as a wearer of these shoes, if I derived pleasure from them and the effect they had on my feet, and as you mailed me to direct me to the post I erroneously it appears, thought you wanted my thoughts on what I know about and my interpretation of the question.

Yes, your thoughts on the matter were indeed what I was asking. I'm not sure how we've got muddled up

I was replying with regards to the effects of some footwear which you showed a distaste to - as do I. No stress :thumbsup:

Edited by Bons
Posted
55 minutes ago, Bounty said:

My toes curl very slightly downwards..... Not thought about it before. Toes gripping the ground?

As far as pointy shoes go, I can only wear them for short periods. After a while I feel like my feet are trapped in bricks.

I've heard that flip-flops cause similar a thing. I'm not sure though, it seems to me like it could just be genetics. For some that happens young but for others not at all. Perhaps I should conduct a study :smiley:

Yeh I know what you mean, I feel like I'm wearing space boots when I wear safety boots but pointy flats feel like they're hugging my toes