How to Approach a Mistress respectfully

Posted (edited)

Hi I would like to talk about a really useful topic, I have done research about how to get the attention of Mistresses.

Rule 1- manner is really an important so be respectful when you approach them.

Rule 2- Make Sure you read their Profile. When writing to them reflect what you have understood from their profile in your message this will attract them to you.

Rule 3- Don't talk about yourself, talk about how you are able to please their needs sell yourself to them. 

Rule 4- Be yourself don't copy paste pre written messages reflect your personality.

Rule 5- Don't be Dick and No Mistresses/Dommes do Not like to See your Dick As your Profile Pic. They Would like to have gentleman as their sub so Please have dignity respect them and respect yourself.

This was the Summary of my research I hope this guide help you to find your Domme/Mistress. 

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted

I have no need for this information myself, but I think this is a good post. Well done.

Posted

Yeah I'm not a sub
Then I tend to be able to change the dynamic of the situation according to the character and atmosphere around me to a certain extent but I don't go out of my way to make a bunch of lies up to try to make someone think I'm something I'm not

Posted

This is excellent and well researched. An opening message to a Domme ( or anyone come to that) is literally make or break. As they say, you never get a second chance to make a good first impression.

Posted

This should be across the board and not just for approaching Dommes, so many disrespectful keyboard warriors out there. Great post

Posted

A good post.  The thing to remember when approaching ANYONE is be respectful.  Make sure you have read their profile and understand what it is they are searching for.  Also remember, no one owns anyone UNTIL a dynamic is agreed upon, and until that time, we are just people with a common interest in kink.

I am dominant, and I hate people approaching me in a 'needy way'.  I want to get to know others to see if there is a connection, so when you pose a message to someone be yourself.  If your a newbie, and unsure of what your after, then tell whoever it is your writing to your circumstances.

Posted

It's great that this is all in one post so others can access it, But, I don't think taking someone else's words then claiming them as your own counts as research exactly..a credit to @MistressMKwho very patiently explained each of these points in great detail more than once, and to @Subsluta who also contributed a great deal, would have been appropriate.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, MzJax said:

It's great that this is all in one post so others can access it, But, I don't think taking someone else's words then claiming them as your own counts as research exactly..a credit to @MistressMKwho very patiently explained each of these points in great detail more than once, and to @Subsluta who also contributed a great deal, would have been appropriate.

@MzJax  I haven't seen the original Post by @MistressMK  I have seen something similar in on another site then I have decided to Summarise it  in  My Own Word if that is @MistressMK  Work and do apologise to her. I acknowledge @MistressMK's @Subsluta's and yourself's guidance. Therefore, I decided to reflect my understandings of My learning whether is from you or other Mistresses or online in My own words.

I don't really need a credit on my own name @MistressMK can have my credit. I do have the original source of my research if required will provide it.

Finally, Thank you @MzJax for your comment.  

@MzJax @MistressMKI have sent you the Original Source of My article in your Inboxes.

Edited by Deleted Member
update
Posted
5 hours ago, sub2Females said:

@MzJax  I haven't seen the original Post by @MistressMK  I have seen something similar in on another site then I have decided to Summarise it  in  My Own Word if that is @MistressMK  Work and do apologise to her. I acknowledge @MistressMK's @Subsluta's and yourself's guidance. Therefore, I decided to reflect my understandings of My learning whether is from you or other Mistresses or online in My own words.

I don't really need a credit on my own name @MistressMK can have my credit. I do have the original source of my research if required will provide it.

Finally, Thank you @MzJax for your comment.  

@MzJax @MistressMKI have sent you the Original Source of My article in your Inboxes.

Whenever you use someone else's work you should make sure you have permission,  summarised/edited is still in my opinion plagiarised.. once permission has been granted, as may be the case as this was on a Fetlife blog, it is still the right thing to do to credit the original author of the post either at the start, or the end of the post.

Posted
2 minutes ago, MzJax said:

Whenever you use someone else's work you should make sure you have permission,  summarised/edited is still in my opinion plagiarised.. once permission has been granted, as may be the case as this was on a Fetlife blog, it is still the right thing to do to credit the original author of the post either at the start, or the end of the post.

@MzJax If you look at the Original article  it is in different wording and it is Very long. To acknowledge what you are saying is correct I have already double checked it with Fet Mod she told me that I cannot publish the original  because it is someone else's work but if i write it in my own word it is ok. So I have Written it in my own word.

I have been to University @MzJax the rule is if you summarise it in your own word it is ok to Write it. Again I do apologise from you @MzJax and @MistressMK.  

Posted

Just for some split opinions

I've seen the original thing this was taken from and it was from a group post on Fetlife - and, obviously a link can't be given because among anything else, not everyone would have access.

But also, I think copying-pasting (or summarasing/re-writing) another post isn't really research either.  As good as points as were made, it's still just one persons incorporation of how she likes to be contacted 

I'm saying this as this is also something to consider in approaching people, that different people have different preferences. 

I do feel you possibly should have talked to the person on the other site, she'd even listed instructions on how to contact....

Posted

As a further thought

10 hours ago, sub2Females said:

the rule is if you summarise it in your own word it is ok to Write it

whether this is true - there's still common decency, especially if you're only taking from 1 or 2 sources or have been collaborating with others.

Posted
5 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

As a further thought

whether this is true - there's still common decency, especially if you're only taking from 1 or 2 sources or have been collaborating with others.

Thank you for your comment,  Well from now on even if reworded and re written the article in my own words/Summarised it I will state the original Author. Based on University experience I have done this article. To prevent confusion. In University I have been told if you copy the original article and paste it as it is you have to do Harvard referencing.

Posted
5 hours ago, sub2Females said:

I have been told if you copy the original article and paste it as it is you have to do Harvard referencing.

unfortunately, you are wrong.

The Harvard reference system still includes things like 'fair use'

There is a world of difference between using a quote, or block paragraph as part of an academic paper or study.... and copying an entire article.

-

Even with crediting, if someone came over and said "Hey, that's my work" they would still be within their right for you to take it down.

Obviously I wouldn't expect legal action over a copied forum post, but I can understand why someone would be unhappy - and this is something where you have to understand why others might be unhappy.

It would have taken less time to message her asking for permission, than you've spent defending yourself on the thread.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

unfortunately, you are wrong.

The Harvard reference system still includes things like 'fair use'

There is a world of difference between using a quote, or block paragraph as part of an academic paper or study.... and copying an entire article.

-

Even with crediting, if someone came over and said "Hey, that's my work" they would still be within their right for you to take it down.

Obviously I wouldn't expect legal action over a copied forum post, but I can understand why someone would be unhappy - and this is something where you have to understand why others might be unhappy.

It would have taken less time to message her asking for permission, than you've spent defending yourself on the thread.

@eyemblacksheep Thank You for your guidance, I would be more careful. To write on forums, I am grateful for your explanation. Thank you for putting your time and for your explanation. 

Edited by Deleted Member