Travel

Posted

for the right person, any distance. my partner is 330 miles away across the water but its worth it. only an hour flight and hour or two land travel. i see it that way :) why not travel for a good thing / potential good thing..?!

Posted

also i agree depends on what the meet is for. if its someone important and long term... any distance. 

a one off thing id be more weary of how far and for how long etc but this doesnt apply for me. if local id travel about 50 miles?! 

just depends on the person and situation and how much u trust them etc. 

Posted

1250 mile round trip for  4 corners of a circle!🙏🙏🙏

🐺🔏📜💚🔥🌀💧🐺🐾🐾🌈

Posted

As someone who never learnt to drive when it comes to meeting prospective partners I much prefer them to be at least localish within 50 miles or so..I get serious travel anxiety, a combination of unfamiliar surroundings, first meet nerves, (are they who they say they are, will they show, will I be stuck in a strange place with nothing to do if we don't get along etc) and the genuinely horrific train or bus station panic/anxiety I know is almost inevitable stops me from venturing too far..also I have an autistic adult son who lives with me, so I don't have a lot of free time, I'm loathe to waste that travelling and having a horrible time getting to a destination on the off chance the person I'm supposed to be meeting actually turns up 7/10 they don't, and of course the further away the more the expenses add up, tickets, taxis, accommodation, meals etc..I find I'm also extremely uncomfortable with anyone travelling much further to me than I'm prepared to go to meet them..and having tried a long distance relationship more than once and finding them incredibly frustrating and unsatisfying on every level I absolutely won't go that route again...its wonderful long distance works for so many, but for me it was an abject failure.

Posted

I would have to say a 6-hour drive.  My last sub lived 12 hours away, across the vast American Desert Southwest.  Though we had a great connection, we just couldn't make it work, because of the distance.  Flying was not an option, as neither of us lived near a major airport, and the air fares proved to be prohibitive.  So, I have had to set a limit of 6 hours.

Ironically, a 12-hour trek would not be a problem, if I had a buddy to keep me company, and help with the driving.  But, due to the nature of such a trip, I would have no choice but to drive alone.

Posted
5 hours ago, MzJax said:

As someone who never learnt to drive when it comes to meeting prospective partners I much prefer them to be at least localish within 50 miles or so..I get serious travel anxiety, a combination of unfamiliar surroundings, first meet nerves, (are they who they say they are, will they show, will I be stuck in a strange place with nothing to do if we don't get along etc) and the genuinely horrific train or bus station panic/anxiety I know is almost inevitable stops me from venturing too far..also I have an autistic adult son who lives with me, so I don't have a lot of free time, I'm loathe to waste that travelling and having a horrible time getting to a destination on the off chance the person I'm supposed to be meeting actually turns up 7/10 they don't, and of course the further away the more the expenses add up, tickets, taxis, accommodation, meals etc..I find I'm also extremely uncomfortable with anyone travelling much further to me than I'm prepared to go to meet them..and having tried a long distance relationship more than once and finding them incredibly frustrating and unsatisfying on every level I absolutely won't go that route again...its wonderful long distance works for so many, but for me it was an abject failure.

I don’t have the travel anxiety but I have dependents and I can’t realistically do more than 90 mins travel. I want to be with someone regularly after waiting so many years to find myself.

Posted

Honestly I'd want my partner as close as possible. I used to see someone 3 hours away....just no.

Posted

The distance traveled would be relative to the desire to meet them. Good luck :)

Posted

I traveled 300 miles last weekend and it didn’t even work out. The picking is slim in Amarillo.

Posted
9 hours ago, jstallion1977 said:

I traveled 300 miles last weekend and it didn’t even work out. The picking is slim in Amarillo.

I would say that the pickin's are slim in the entire Texas Panhandle!  I'm just northeast of you, in Pampa.  There is no organized "Scene" of any kind here.  Travel appears to be the only option.

Posted
22 hours ago, Curvykate said:

I don’t have the travel anxiety but I have dependents and I can’t realistically do more than 90 mins travel. I want to be with someone regularly after waiting so many years to find myself.

I know exactly where my travel anxiety comes from, and have made a couple of attempts over the years to be "fixed" including both hypnotherapy..( I was told I wasn't susceptible enough to suggestion), and immersion therapy (where it was concluded the repeated exposure was in my case more harmful than beneficial actually elevating my anxiety levels) so both failed to have any impact, but even if they had helped, the other stuff still applies.

Posted

Im in Boulder and dated a kinkster in Los Angeles for about four month last year. Drove out to see her the first time and stayed for two days, then drove home. So, nearly 24 hours of driving for 48 hours of connection. But we had spent two months talking to each other beforehand and had a history together.

After that, I flew out to LA for three day weekends every two weeks. It was legit enjoyable because when I was with her, we had each other's complete focus,. And when I was home, I focused on work, kids, friends, etc.

Posted
14 hours ago, MzJax said:

I know exactly where my travel anxiety comes from, and have made a couple of attempts over the years to be "fixed" including both hypnotherapy..( I was told I wasn't susceptible enough to suggestion), and immersion therapy (where it was concluded the repeated exposure was in my case more harmful than beneficial actually elevating my anxiety levels) so both failed to have any impact, but even if they had helped, the other stuff still applies.

Ah that’s a pity, but you tried and sounds like you’ve accepted those limitations. I rail against my limitations sometimes, but although I have severe anxiety at times I have made some progress.

Posted
On 2/10/2021 at 12:50 AM, OralSlave89 said:

Honestly I'd want my partner as close as possible. I used to see someone 3 hours away....just no.

Well, if you travel to see your partner, then you will be very close!
I don't think distance matters that much for the simple reason that if there is a connection and you decide to make a go at it, then the distance will soon be eliminated. That is my experience personally anyway.

Posted
3 hours ago, Carnelian2 said:

I don't think distance matters that much for the simple reason that if there is a connection and you decide to make a go at it, then the distance will soon be eliminated.

That really depends upon one's financial situation, location, work schedule, etc...   When one does not have the means to travel great distances, or the available time to make such a trip, even the best of interpersonal connections cannot be enough.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Depends on how much I like that person.

Posted

For me localish, but within an acceptable distance. Since I don't drive, I heavily rely on trains. So someone that is on the train route for me works. But having said that, works both ways for me, using each other places to meet up and not expecting the car driver to come to me all the time. 

Posted

Depends on the person… if I feel they are worth it I might go 100-200 miles

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted

I think I have gone further than 3000 miles.. four times in Scandinavia and once in Germany.