Face pics

Posted

Well that's interesting, the picture I had posted of myself with my eyes obscured by a plain grey rectangle - but showing the rest of my head - has just been taken down for breaking the rules. I can only assume that, by adding a rectangle over my eyes, it's now considered to be a "collage or composition". Ah well, I tried!

Posted
1 hour ago, Starlite100 said:

Well that's interesting, the picture I had posted of myself with my eyes obscured by a plain grey rectangle - but showing the rest of my head - has just been taken down for breaking the rules. I can only assume that, by adding a rectangle over my eyes, it's now considered to be a "collage or composition". Ah well, I tried!

Ask a Mod about it they can give you the answer why it got deleted, I have had a few pictures deleted and the where just normal pictures. 🤷‍♀️

Posted

That’s your choice . I agree with you100%

• 2 weeks later...
cautiousswitch
Posted

There are some people in my local community who don't understand the meaning of discretion and have also tried to recruit people who have shown no interest in kink.  Should they join the site I could end up as the poster child for one of their recruitment drives if I showed my face.  No, they don't know that I'm into kink because I only learned they were into it due to their lack of discretion and decided they shouldn't find out that I was into it.

I do have some friends-only face pictures, but there I get to vet people before showing my face.

Posted
March 20, AlodiaRose said:

I don't really understand why jobs wouldn't let you have face pictures on a site like this. Unless maybe secret service. My view is that if someone recognises me from here then they must also be in the lifestyle and shouldn't judge me for also being a part of it.

On the flip side if I recognise someone from here or fetlife I'm not going to treat them any differently

You don’t understand why people wouldn’t want to be identified on a kink site in terms of work? Surely you realise that BDSM is generally seen very negatively in the world - it’s stereotyped as *** all the time. That could have a direct and very heavy impact on a job or business.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I got worried about that too and put my pic to private just to make myself feel better. I might get less attention but I’ll trade that for peace of mind.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

I understand it but most women think you aren’t showing your face because you are unattractive. They pass you up automatically if there’s no face pic.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Most women don't reply to text messages anyhow. People are ***y strange. I think a lot of profiles are fake too or people are ignorant.

Posted
On 5/10/2021 at 4:08 AM, Sadge said:

I understand it but most women think you aren’t showing your face because you are unattractive. They pass you up automatically if there’s no face pic.

Not all of us do!

Personally I'm attracted to your font over your face.

13 minutes ago, Alex10473 said:

Most women don't reply to text messages anyhow. People are ***y strange. I think a lot of profiles are fake too or people are ignorant.

There are loads of reasons why we don't always reply... messages ranging from the kneel before me bitch type messages to desperate pleas to be pegged..

I have filters and I still get messages that are, at best, gross.. at worst describing ! So yeah, sometimes we don't reply.

Nylon-Nellie
Posted

@Sadge There are plenty of profiles with no face pics, but yet people still message each other. I don't have a face pic, but that doesn't prevent others messaging me or vice versa.

@Alex10473 Most women choose not to reply to message, as it depends on the content of the message. Works both ways, men are just the same for not choosing to reply to a simple message. You cannot tar all women with them being fake or ignorant, but yet I am tarred with the same brush. 

Posted
6 hours ago, Alex10473 said:

I feel one of the simplest analogies.  

If the mail comes and there's something which is obviously junk, do you even open it?

If, you think it may be interesting and you open it and it's not interesting, do you write back or phone up - "hey, thanks for the special offer - but I'm not interested" ?

Why not?

Are you fake? Are you ignorant?  

Posted

I manage to reply to all messages. Even from cranks or people I'd rather not talk to. Just 'no thanks' is just common decency. You don't fall to the level of the largest West common denominator.

Posted

It's not just a few, it's many. And many lack a simple sense of humour too.

Posted
8 hours ago, Alex10473 said:

I manage to reply to all messages. Even from cranks or people I'd rather not talk to. Just 'no thanks' is just common decency. You don't fall to the level of the largest West common denominator.

so when a pizza menu comes through your door, you phone them up to say "Sorry, thank you for the menu - but I don't want pizza" ?

Posted

is that a real like for like analogy. No. Keep defending the undefendable. You've convinced yourself. But you should say you don't want anything from the menu. Not just a pizza. Nothing excuses the no reply. They are fake in two senses of the word. Either not real or not worth it. A rating system would be nice.

Posted
2 hours ago, Alex10473 said:

is that a real like for like analogy. No. Keep defending the undefendable. You've convinced yourself. But you should say you don't want anything from the menu. Not just a pizza. Nothing excuses the no reply. They are fake in two senses of the word. Either not real or not worth it. A rating system would be nice.

do you also reply to all the emails, including ones from Nigerian Princes and special offers from shops?

Posted

Yes I always reply "fuck off you idiot, don't bother me again."

Posted
13 minutes ago, Alex10473 said:

Yes I always reply "fuck off you idiot, don't bother me again."

every time you don't get a message from someone you've messaged - assume that is their response to you.  

Posted

Talk a little more sense please. It's worth it cos when a decent human being replies it's all worth while. Until then I'm joining the dic pic brigade for a little fun.

Posted
1 hour ago, Alex10473 said:

Talk a little more sense please. It's worth it cos when a decent human being replies it's all worth while. Until then I'm joining the dic pic brigade for a little fun.

So.  In simple terms.

No response is a response - it is a very simple "I am not interested, sorry" - there is no further explanation needed beyond that.

Whilst you might feel it's "manners" for someone to reply those words - most women have, at some point, replied "I'm not interested, sorry" and received back ***, "but why", other ***, or even trying again a few weeks later.  So it becomes a drain on time and - well - nobody should have to put up with that.

There's a certain arrogance and entitlement in expecting someone to have to take the time to message you back.  And, if this is something you can realise and accept, then this becomes something you can work on from there. 

Posted

Face pics now private but best to have a selection of body shots so you’re not labelled a troll/bot. Also it helps to be verified.

• 7 months later...
Posted
I understand fully. I actually have a security clearance where I work, and don’t want to chance it!
Posted
Yeah I’m cautious to not have this site potentially used against me… but also if someone recognised me then maybe I’ll know they’re on here too
  • 2 months later...
Posted
I have a face pic it’s locked though. If the Communication is good we can swap. If not blurred is all you get.
Posted
Women want intelligence mostly. I spoke to Dom once 6 months before even seeing his pic. Turned out he was handsome , had nothing to hide besides being married. But yea you have to ooze them with your brain and empathy and explain you really arent married or separated. Perhaps need some proof before they will trust.