Why do some people think they are comedians or appear jealous if a man wears leather in public? .

Posted

Sometimes I get funny looks or comments whilst wearing leather jeans or pvc jeans in public,I think jealousy plays a part somewhere,I look good in them and I do get a few likes too to be honest.Anyway I can understand people different styles,tastes and ideas but now and again you cannot be yourself or comfortable with a a few people

Posted

It's so weird! I used to wear pvc trousers in my punk days.Never a problem,but these days so many judge ,and I think you're right about them being jealous if you look good in them.Just balance out the likes and putting a smile on theirs and your face,with feeling sorry for the others who are jealous,and just keep wearing them.

Posted

Exactly,I look good, feel good and to be fair I've had more positive comments and likes.

Posted

horribly - for example, stuff like leather trousers are sometimes enjoyed in the gay scene, and so people with negative comments are being homophobic. 

Posted (edited)

I hate to say it, but you're getting a taste of what women have had to put up with for years, no matter what we wear, being judged isn't pleasant at the best of times, but for something as simple as choice of clothes, you'd think society had moved on, but examples like yours show it really hasn't..so long as what you wear isn’t indecent for public display, wear what you like and sod other peoples opinions, snide comments and appalled or amused faces..at the end of the day their opinions don't matter one jot, the only opinion that counts is your own.

Edited by MzJax
Typos
Posted

It’s because kink doesn’t belong in public, we’ve all had these ‘kink doesn’t belong at pride’ discussions. It’s fine to do what you want to do in private, that’s always okay, but to take your kink into public areas with children, it’s weird dude. This all sounds very narcissistic; maybe have a bit of thought for people who aren’t concerning to have to be around you in f*cking PVC kink trousers

Posted

Consenting* you’re shoving your private kink in people’s faces, especially children that have to see that.

Posted
8 minutes ago, jimmycooper said:

It’s because kink doesn’t belong in public, we’ve all had these ‘kink doesn’t belong at pride’ discussions. It’s fine to do what you want to do in private, that’s always okay, but to take your kink into public areas with children, it’s weird dude. This all sounds very narcissistic; maybe have a bit of thought for people who aren’t concerning to have to be around you in f*cking PVC kink trousers

I disagree wildly.

As well as leather pants being popular in some gay communities - they are also popular in the Goth scene.  Ditto for PVC pants.

It's not really forcing kink onto anyone, it's wearing clothing they like.

I mean, like, are we saying people with trainers fetishes shouldn't wear trainers?  Satin blouses are a common fetish item.  So on.

Posted

There’s trainers then there’s skin tight PVC, and you’re being silly if you think those two kinks are comparable

Posted

Skin tight PVC trousers are never worn by men unless it’s a kink, and its inappropriate in a public setting and you know it

Posted

It's not what usually men wear, for whatever reason but it's not common... And ppl... Well, they are just ppl. They like to look and comment, but I assure you, if you politely confront one of those twats and ask if there's a problem, they'll just low their head and walk away...

Posted

I don't believe the OP mentioned that these were 'skin tight' or not 

I've been active in the Goth scene since a ***ager - I'm very aware of common alternative fashions.  

Posted
19 hours ago, jimmycooper said:

Skin tight PVC trousers are never worn by men unless it’s a kink, and its inappropriate in a public setting and you know it

Hyperbole. And you're just perpetuating gender stereotypes. Men can wear whatever ***y trousers they want.

Posted
6 hours ago, Curvykate said:

Hyperbole. And you're just perpetuating gender stereotypes. Men can wear whatever ***y trousers they want.

I didn’t say they couldn’t, but it’s kinkwear and children on a day out with their parents do not need to see that. Also that’s not what hyperbole means, perhaps you meant semantics?

Posted

are you going to tell the Hells Angels to stop wearing these pants then?

Posted
36 minutes ago, jimmycooper said:

I didn’t say they couldn’t, but it’s kinkwear and children on a day out with their parents do not need to see that. Also that’s not what hyperbole means, perhaps you meant semantics?

Pvc and leather trousers yes can be classed as kinkwear, but it can also be classed as every day wear for some i.e like @eyemblacksheep says hell's angels and/or motorbike owners!!!! Goths will wear pvc and leather also. The OP never even brought children in to it and or pride etc it was just what they like to wear daily and if he chooses to wear pvc and or leather who are we to say he can't, it's judgemental and if people judge or give funny looks then they need to get their head out their arses!!!! I wear leather corsets when out am I now gonna get told off for having my boobs pushed up???!!!! 

Posted

Personally. I've not wore leather or pvc pants in public for many years - the last time I did someone did give me a bunch of homophobic slurs in the street.   Because they're also associated with gay culture.

But, yeah - they are very common within Goth scene in particular.

I don't know if perhaps the poster is confusing Leather / PVC with something else?  

Posted
1 hour ago, jimmycooper said:

Children on a day out with their parents wouldn't give a monkeys. They don't associate pvc trousers with kink. A 5 year old would just think "shiny trousers". You're being ridiculous.

• 3 months later...
RosesHaveThorns75
Posted

Men's pants/trousers & social outrage scorn all to do with the history of rock&roll!!! 😆 Heavy metal/rock/goth vocalists & musicians  have been wearing these type trousers since like forever 😯 see 1970s rock videos!!! shows there in possibly a transgressive lifestyle but if you feel the need for "social outrage" about that as per rest of society then why bother?!? 🙊 & music fans have leather & pvc wear as just regular clothing sometimes because it's protective and tough it's warm and it suits the lifestyle and well yeah potentially seXy too but then so what?!?...... bit genderist that femmes can dress sexy/dress up but guys can't then?!? ☹️ If you can get into them espically when you get older then fair enough......cowboys wore leather chaps that wasn't fetish wear that was work wear as I understand it!! Ffs get social clothing styles into conteXt 💀😬💀

• 2 months later...
Posted
I was a big fan of Jim Morrison. So I’m big fan of leather pants! Unfortunately, I don’t look as good as him!
  • 1 year later...
Posted
If you wear a clowsuit in public your going to get looked at. If you wear some tight lether jeans your going to get looked at. Obviously they are two different things but you already said that you know it’s outdated and not in fashion that’s your answer if I walk around in a skirt and tank top people stare it’s different