How to put a drop box together

Wi****

Posted

Hi 

Me and my wonderful Mistress are in the early days of our dynamic and  I have heard a lot of friends  from the community mention drop boxes. I was wondering how they go about it. How do you recognise the symptoms of drop whether sub of Dom/me. I would like to be prepared.

I look forward to hearing your advice and feedback 

Thankyou

Posted

you might notice the symptoms of drop if you feel tired, feint, lightheaded, low, cold

i imagine a drop box in this case is some items to help with such a drop?   in which case maybe a comfort blanket or toy, favourite clothing, favourite film, snacks... 

Posted

I have a drop box and it has lots of things in it that give me comfort such as chocolate, a fluffy blanket, pen and note book to write down how I’m feeling, bubble bath, scented candles, a small bottle with my fav scent in it and lots of other things to help distract me. If I had a Dom I would also add an item of their clothing with their scent on it so I can sleep with it or just hug it. 
When I was in a dynamic it was nice to pull the box out from under my bed and find all the goodies I know make me feel better. 

Posted
Willow I’m so happy to hear you’re in a meeting dynamic. The drop box is meant to contain those things that bring you comfort. There was a post by Jen last week about subdrop that had a lot of great feedback and I think lilM posted the link to the munch from last year that was all about subdrop and the drop box.
Posted (edited)

Mine had wine in it, which isn't probably a great idea as it's a depressant... But I drank it when I ran out of booze last month so now mine is all virtuous again 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Deleted Member
Posted
1 hour ago, Lady_Char said:

Mine had wine in it, which isn't probably a great idea as it's a depressant... But I drank it when I ran out of booze last month so now mine is all virtuous again 🤣🤣🤣

☠️☠️☠️

Posted
I never had a drop box but all the things I wanted it was from the one I was with but was deny which was also my aftercare plan 🤷🏽‍♀️ now it any books from my collection, music, bubbles bath, sleep lots of sleep 🤣, and binge any movie or show that I love. Now when I’m a little, cuddles which I’m thinking of buying a heavy blanket (10-20 lb ) I have heard chocolate help a lot but I don’t like sweat like that so don’t have that there

Congratulations on your dynamic Willow 🙌🏼 🎉
Posted
I would like to imagine (as not had any play yet) my drop box to probably be more of things I'd do such as listen to music or watch a movie with snacks, converse with my play partner, if real close relationship a cosy down to listen to said music or watch movie. Probably relaxing bath and r & r. So very similar to what's already been said by others before me. I think it'll be whatever makes me feel relaxed and less stressed. Stuff I do when my daily "vanilla life" gets me feeling low. And I've definitely felt low sometimes.
Posted

To put a drop box together it's just of things you love or like, or food that will help get your levels back up i.e chocolate, sweets, sugary items. 

My box is full to brim of stuff, blanket, fizzy sweets, chocolate, a candle/wax melts in my favourite scents, a book to read or a movie to watch, a tea bag and a little sachet of sugar to whack in there lol, face mask, a notepad and pen, energy drink, my Sir's play shirt, a teddy bear, it's all just different things that I know will help me but everyone is different of course. 

And my box will last me over the course of drop, I jam pack it all in cause my drops can last from anything like a day up to a week, so then I know my box is full to last me if needs be. 

My symptoms of drop will differ so I can feel low, tired, I'll have mood swings, feel cold, just the smallest thing will make me cry ( but that's me in general being an empath lol ) I'll feel like I won't wanna do anything, just that general feeling of meh if that makes sense? But again every one is different with how they drop etc hope this helps 

congratulations on your new dynamic @Willow75❤️

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
What makes you feel happy when you are sad or low?

That’s my go to’s. Lots of chocolate, Harry Potter movies and cans of pop are my go too. I do have a weighted blanket that I use if I’m left feeling really low and in need of extra comfort.

I actually find the best way to beat this drop, at the minute, is fitness, ive been running, lifting weights and kicking the s*it out of a boxing bag… I felt a heap better :)

Congrats on your new dynamic xxx