Learn the ropes, Merseyside

makemedoit

Posted
Hi everyone, can anyone recommend a safe place to learn rope play (that's not the correct lingo I'm sure). I think it's fascinating but I can barely tie a shoe lace! Looking for Liverpool or surrounding areas.
Posted
Hi, most areas, and I'm fairly sure somewhere the size of Liverpool will be no exception, have a variety of kink events including rope. I'll have a wee look for ya
Posted

Peer rope is what you're looking for

a few results come up if you google 'peer rope liverpool' - it looks like some are hosted in Townhouse - which I think is on the Wirral. 

Posted

Yeps, Birkenhead. There's also a large munch on 18th Dec, 2-6 at the Swan that might offer the means of learning more about the community and what's on closer to home. 

Posted
42 minutes ago, MsDrawers said:

Yeps, Birkenhead. There's also a large munch on 18th Dec, 2-6 at the Swan that might offer the means of learning more about the community and what's on closer to home. 

MsDrawers where did you find the munch details?

Posted
Eyemblacksheeps recommendation to attend peer rope groups is a very good suggestion.

You may want to make contacts in the local community as you will ideally want to attend with a rope bunny, as its not much fun watching everyone.

Some groups will loan rope so worth checking. In terms of rope i suggest 6-8 lengths of 7-8m length. The rope of choice tends to be 5-6mm just or hemp.

Good Suppliers are Esinem, Anatomie Studio. Also a get some safety Scissors. Both do deals, as an example Anatomie do a number of bundles, ranging from £45-£280, Esinem are in the same range. Check out both sites and see what you think.
Posted
17 minutes ago, makemedoit said:

MsDrawers where did you find the munch details?

Best source i know of is fetlife (different site to this one) especially in the post pandemic world, where some have still not restarted or have rules about attendance.

Posted
7 minutes ago, TheBookCollector said:
Eyemblacksheeps recommendation to attend peer rope groups is a very good suggestion.

You may want to make contacts in the local community as you will ideally want to attend with a rope bunny, as its not much fun watching everyone.

Some groups will loan rope so worth checking. In terms of rope i suggest 6-8 lengths of 7-8m length. The rope of choice tends to be 5-6mm just or hemp.

Good Suppliers are Esinem, Anatomie Studio. Also a get some safety Scissors. Both do deals, as an example Anatomie do a number of bundles, ranging from £45-£280, Esinem are in the same range. Check out both sites and see what you think.

Thanks so much, I'll do some homework and find a peer rope group local to me.

Posted
There are also online rope courses. The most important thing I feel is too research things, as with anything. The most important aspect too really grasp is the safety. It is easy to inadvertently harm others in rope play (and other kinky play) so be sure to research and understand this. I have gone to some rope courses and often times safety is not covered. Often times this is because these are not rope “classes” wher they start at the beginning, rather courses where they assume people have already covered the basics (safety) I guess.

So in summary, not only look for local courses and groups, but research as well. There are many things online as well as books out there. Explore different sites and books and in person events.
Posted
7 minutes ago, Matttster said:
There are also online rope courses. The most important thing I feel is too research things, as with anything. The most important aspect too really grasp is the safety. It is easy to inadvertently harm others in rope play (and other kinky play) so be sure to research and understand this. I have gone to some rope courses and often times safety is not covered. Often times this is because these are not rope “classes” wher they start at the beginning, rather courses where they assume people have already covered the basics (safety) I guess.

So in summary, not only look for local courses and groups, but research as well. There are many things online as well as books out there. Explore different sites and books and in person events.

Every rope group ive been to have a basic level or.have an introduction session once a month for new people, in one we even did roleplay negotiations.

Also learning from online sources leads to bad habits especially.if you watch a poor rigger in a class or peer rope you have people to check what you are doing and help if you get in a muddle.