ADHD and subspace

Posted
23 hours ago, Erik295 said:

Have you played with a dominant who's ADHD, we tend to match energies quite well experiencing a lot of the same things.

The only person I’ve ever played with is my current Dom - I’m a late starter 😊

Posted

I can relate to this... The last thing you need in the heat of the moment is to suddenly be wondering if you sent the reply slip back to school about parents evening or if you remembered to bring the washing in or did you send that email or not..... My brain feels like an internet browser with about 20 tabs open all at the same time and it is really frustrating when that happens at totally the wrong time....... Definitely watching this thread....  Thank you to all who are giving advice and suggestions X 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Prettysub2020 said:

I can relate to this... The last thing you need in the heat of the moment is to suddenly be wondering if you sent the reply slip back to school about parents evening or if you remembered to bring the washing in or did you send that email or not..... My brain feels like an internet browser with about 20 tabs open all at the same time and it is really frustrating when that happens at totally the wrong time....... Definitely watching this thread....  Thank you to all who are giving advice and suggestions X 

I can definitely relate to the Internet browser mind! There's an image on the 'net somewhere, a cartoon line drawing of a person and the top half of their head (or the thought bubble, I can't remember which) is just a mass of black scribble.

That Is 100% Me

This-is-what-i-like
Posted

Sex and kinky BDSM things is one of the only thing I can hyperfocus on. But I get excited easily and fixated on it. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Prettysub2020 said:

1 hour ago, GoodGirlBetterBrat said:

I can definitely relate to the Internet browser mind! There's an image on the 'net somewhere, a cartoon line drawing of a person and the top half of their head (or the thought bubble, I can't remember which) is just a mass of black scribble.

That Is 100% Me

I used to moderate on an ADHD forum and one of the ongoing threads was about how people experienced the inside of their own heads. The traditional way that doctors used to describe ADHD was that it was like having 20 television channels on at the same time. I couldn’t relate to that and neither could many of the people who contributed to the threat.

Everyone seemed to have a different metaphor to describe their own experience. This is mine: 

There are any number of ping-pong balls ricocheting about a dark room. Each one is a thought. Although some balls are more important than others, there’s no way to know which is which by looking at them. The only source of light in the room is a faulty spotlight. It blinks on and off randomly. It’s often enough to catch a glimpse of the meaning of the balls, but if it goes off again too quickly, it is lost and forgotten and replaced with the next random thought, sometimes many times a minute. Occasionally, the spotlight works long enough to catch a ball, pin it down, write it down and achieve something.

Posted
3 minutes ago, This-is-what-i-like said:

Sex and kinky BDSM things is one of the only thing I can hyperfocus on. But I get excited easily and fixated on it. 

I love hyperfocus. I love that feeling when you realise you’ve discovered something that is going to take you out of yourself for however long that obsession lasts. I used to have loads, one after the other when I was younger. I wanted to learn the name of every tree, then every wildflower, then every mushroom, then I boogie boarded obsessively for months, then I mountain biked … as each obsession faded, they would be a period of deep sadness where I mourned the loss of that feeling … until the next obsession arrived. 

Posted

Omg this is so refreshing to see so many others that do this. 

I just thought I was broken 😅

Keeping out of my own random thoughts is so hard, espically when you realised you've mentally drifted for a while and thought... Bugger I should be Cumming by now lol and then too much pressure for taking so long etc uh 

Posted

great reading everyone else's posts, not really spoken about it with other ADHD recruits. :wave:

Blessing and a Curse I find it. so many good ideas, constantly cycling through my head. I find crazy levels of ability with though processes and creativity but live in this never ending state of ..stop.. start.. distracted.. start new, remember a different thing I am supposed to be doing .... repeat this every 5 seconds.

Nothing gets finnished, always late late for anything that has a start time, I struggle to get through my sentences without changing the subject or forgetting what we're talking about. 

much love ppl good luck n good fucks x

Posted
42 minutes ago, Velvet_Ice said:

Omg this is so refreshing to see so many others that do this. 

I just thought I was broken 😅

Keeping out of my own random thoughts is so hard, espically when you realised you've mentally drifted for a while and thought... Bugger I should be Cumming by now lol and then too much pressure for taking so long etc uh 

And as soon as you start thinking you should be cumming … you’re so not going to 😔

Posted
35 minutes ago, rufstuf said:

great reading everyone else's posts, not really spoken about it with other ADHD recruits. :wave:

Blessing and a Curse I find it. so many good ideas, constantly cycling through my head. I find crazy levels of ability with though processes and creativity but live in this never ending state of ..stop.. start.. distracted.. start new, remember a different thing I am supposed to be doing .... repeat this every 5 seconds.

Nothing gets finnished, always late late for anything that has a start time, I struggle to get through my sentences without changing the subject or forgetting what we're talking about. 

much love ppl good luck n good fucks x

All of that ⬆️
Always late, always disorganised, always got lots of projects on the go at once and struggle to finish any of them. So easily bored and just need novelty! 😂

Posted
Dealing with Covid & a long-distance D/s relationship (over 15 years strong now). W/we sometimes visit these pages for inspiration. Good health to all!