Honesty!

Yo****

Posted
Be honest, would you still be involved in the lifestyle if sex was not part of it?!

FYI: Yes, I know BDSM doesn't have to be sexual and some definitely genuinely love just the power exchange. Let's not get side track, just give answer based on question, thank you.
Posted
2 minutes ago, itsbadandy said:
Yes, for me it’s about control

You like to be in control all the time?

MissTakenDeep
Posted
For me personally, probably not. My relationships are completely equal & vanilla outside of the sex.
Posted
Depends how you define "sex" - if you're talking purely penetration of the vagina by the cock then absolutely yes I could and would still be involved.
If however you're talking about the whole gamut of sexual activity, then I'd argue that BDSM in itself is sexual and involves "sex" in some way, even by the simplest act of one person being naked in front of another, or being aroused/stimulated by a particular act.
To give an example - if I get a hard on by being spanked is that not "sexual"? Or even more simply get a hard on by being ordered to get naked and on my knees by a dominant - that's sexual right?
So personally speaking I'd suggest that the two things go hand in hand - they might not always be directly "sexual" but it's never far away.
BlessingOfChaos
Posted
I often have completely non sexual scenes during BDSM time but may have sex with those people "vanilla". So I think my answer is yes because sex or not does not impact most of my BDSM scenes?

(I would get joy doing BDSM on people I am not sexually attracted too also (gender ect.))
Posted
I’m going to have to say yes. It’s not just about the act of sex but the entire process of exploration of a new dynamic. Just like a traditional relationship there are some many other aspects of a relationship that make it thrive and grow. Definitely
Posted
Yes, absolutely. Some of tthe things that I like to indulge in do not have to necessarily involve any kind of sexual interaction at all anyway. Of course, at times it does, but I would still get enjoyment & participate if it didn't.
Posted
Absolutely. A hefty portion (possibly even more than half) of my lifestyle interactions to date have not involved sex.
Posted
For me, probably not.

I understand that there is a lot more to many dynamics than the physical aspect. Additionally I understand that physical sessions can be non-sexual, for some these sessions can be a therapy. I have been involved in dynamics where there was no sex as well in sessions that were non-sexual. But these were to benefit/help friends. And to help friends I suppose that I would be involved in BDSM with no sex.

But my draw to BDSM involves sexual contact. So although I may practice parts of BDSM in a non-sexual manner, I enjoy the sexual aspect. I would not have gotten into the scene had it not been for the sexual draw.

Not a very clear answer I suppose, but that is much of BDSM. Ironically as I started responding to this my response was no, I would not be in the scene without sex. But after some thought, yes I would be in the scene without sex. I enjoy Tempe sexual aspect, but I understand the way non-sexual aspects can benefit others and am happy to help friends in this manner.
Posted
For me, yeah. When I believed I was asexual I was still interested in bdsm, and I wanted to do everything but take away the PIV part of it, just do the bondage and spanking etc.
Posted

Yes, because there are parts of identity e.g. Daddy, which seemless transcend BDSM and influences aspects related to overall relationship.

Posted

honestly - it depends on where you draw the line at sex

But, I'd say I probably would because one thing I like is being around people I like and helping them meet their goals.  

Posted

Without a doubt, yes. Though the sexual side plays a huge part for me, it is not everything. The much bigger element is the power exchange that flows throughout everything within the dynamic; the service i can provide, the control i receive...so, yes, i would :)