Etiquette online?

Posted
I have been thinking that I had been approaching people (women in particular) in a respectful way. What is the best approach a person either male, female, couple or any person. Should approach another human? I hope me asking this helps others learn the correct way for approaching someone they feel they want to get to know. As I know that some see online as being easier to cross boundaries by disregarding of decency and respect.
Posted
Approach them exactly as you would in person, with respect, consideration and all the other positive values. Be willing to accept that they may not be interested, and do so graciously.
Do those things and you won't be going far wrong.
The only difference between an on-line interaction and an in person one is that they may not respond on-line, doesn't mean you've been disrespectful necessarily, or that the other person is being rude, they're potentially just protecting themselves against further possibly abusive comebacks.
Posted
It's said time and time again, but if you're interested in someone, read their profile first. That will often, though not always, give an indication of how they wish to be approached.
Use something from their profile to start a message, make conversation. Messages with just "hey, how are you?" are often ignored because they're a dime a dozen and shows that no effort has gone into it.
It can depend on the site also. Another site, you can interact a lot more on pictures and writing before sending messages and some people prefer this. Again though, they will often state this on their profile.
Overall, just read the profile of the person you're interested in, be respectful, put some effort in and away you go.
Posted
Yes that is true @BerlinHerr however, is it not respectful to approach someone with courtesy, than degrading them when we don't even know them? I've seen a post and replied to it this morning, I had to think back on how I messaged people?

Now if I said that I had a message and in it was terms of a Domme attempting to get my attention to be their slave in their first message to me by degrading me in some way, what would you think?

If I said I was approached, in person by a Domme and they did same as above... What would you think?
Posted
I hate when guys start off by just saying hi slut/bitch/slave, it shows that you don't respect me and my only value you see is sex which screams ***r.
Posted
10 minutes ago, Strix said:
Yes that is true @BerlinHerr however, is it not respectful to approach someone with courtesy, than degrading them when we don't even know them? I've seen a post and replied to it this morning, I had to think back on how I messaged people?

Now if I said that I had a message and in it was terms of a Domme attempting to get my attention to be their slave in their first message to me by degrading me in some way, what would you think?

If I said I was approached, in person by a Domme and they did same as above... What would you think?

It’s still not acceptable. They may be a ‘Domme’, but if the two of you haven’t agreed the terms of that arrangement, they’re not *your* Domme and they should have some manners. It’s the equivalent of being rude to waiting staff: they’re telling you right from the off that they have no respect for boundaries or for other humans.

Posted

I think one thing to always remember is that no matter how respectfully you approach people - there is still no certainty of the message even been read, let alone replied, and respect needs to continue along that process.

That you then can know you did the right thing; but it didn't come to anything this time.

Reading profiles is always a must - and generally opening messages : keep it brief but make it count - too short feels throwaway and too long is a chore for someone to read.    The actual contents of that message can vary on what it was about the person/profile that interested you in the first place.

Posted
Imo the way to approach is to show interest in the person and get to know them, ask questions to build connection and answer questions about yourself too as it’s a two way reciprocation
Posted

Read the profile before most profile will let you know what people are looking for or why they are here so before anything read the profile and if there is nothing then the respectful way is the right way and as the relationship develops it will dictate if sexy talk will occur 🧚🏻‍♀️

cautiousswitch
Posted

I don't message people unless I see something in their profile that interests me and i can comment on it.  1 - It shows I've bothered to read their profile.  2 - It shows we might have something in common.

It's a lot like my real life approach, which is why I'm more of a lone wolf than a social butterfly.