Machiavellianism, hot or not?

No****

Posted
Machiavellianism is a personality trait that denotes cunningness, the ability to be manipulative, and a drive to use whatever means necessary to gain power. Machiavellianism is one of the traits that forms the Dark Triad, along with narcissism and psychopathy.

Turn on or turn off?
Posted
Turn on, because to pull it off needs great, intelligence and skill!
Posted
Turn off. Manipulative people aren’t usually very nice in my experience
Posted
Complete turn off. It does not need great intelligence and skill. All that is required is *** cunning and someone dumb enough to fall for it.
Posted
I avoid these people at all costs as I don’t tolerate *** or opportunist behavior
Posted

Yeaa that’s not a thing … I want you all too submit completely cause I’m ya big wolf daddy & you live to c*m for me

Posted
This makes me think of my one ex, that explains a lot…charisma is the attractive feature but you quickly get over that when the *** (whatever form) begins to rear itself.
Posted

Seems like a term nerds use to justify being a d**khead. 👎

Posted
Machiavellians can be deceitful, manipulative, competitive, and cynical. They are excellent long-term planners and strategists. For them, there is no other favorable outcome other than their "win." Their ambition can initially be perceived as admirable but can later turn dark.
As with any situation of harm, if you find yourself on the wrong end of a Machiavellian, it is less important to diagnose the person who is demonstrating these behaviors. Instead, focus on the ways that you can protect your mental health for the duration of the relationship—and get out as soon as you can if necessary.
Posted

“Whatever means necessary to gain power” = ***, intimidation ie abusive behaviour 👎

Posted
If it's a turn on, odds are it's for unhealthy reasons, speaking from personal experience. So I flat out ditch them the second anyone exhibits signs of those traits.
Posted
Makes me think of my ex. I avoid these people like the plague
Posted
Turn off. They are parasitic in nature and do not form healthy relationships.
Posted
I don't want someone to objectify me and see me as a means to an end, so I don't wish to do that to anyone either. Curious to hear how it could be a turn on for others (though I suspect it's actually the associated traits that people actually find attractive, not the manipulativeness)
Posted
If one is fully committed, it's impossible to manipulate.
Posted
I don't think that any of the dark triad personalities are particulary appealing.
There is thinking that Machiavellians are a sub cat of psychopaths. But if we take the
Machiavellian trait itself, deceitfulness, a lack of empathy alongside manipulative behaviours, none of those would I seek in a friend, let alone a Dtype.
Posted
Our dynamic structures/hierarchies often require that level of cunning with the ambition of
Posted
Keeping power in the dynamic. To keep everything without our ability to control. I speak from the perspective of Dom/Domme M/MS. So granted the manipulation is only necessary for when dealing with outside opposing ***s. Those who would wish to ruin a scene for an example. To take control of that situation, and move them along so we can enjoy our partners company in peace.
Posted
Now, I do not advocate using that power to manipulate people outside of their boundaries/limits. It's excellent to explore, but cruel to yank someone into something new without fully talking and exploring. As leader roles in the dynamic, we do have to read and understand our partners. Most importantly a "No", or a tentative uneasy "Uhm" outside of a scene and playing a role should be subject to any manipulation.
Posted
4 hours ago, CopperKnob said:
I don't think that any of the dark triad personalities are particulary appealing.
There is thinking that Machiavellians are a sub cat of psychopaths. But if we take the
Machiavellian trait itself, deceitfulness, a lack of empathy alongside manipulative behaviours, none of those would I seek in a friend, let alone a Dtype.

That's not completely true. Machiavellianism is can be very empathetic, just a different kind... cognitive empathy.

Posted

I'm boggled that this is even a serious conversation.

Particularly in kink there's a very strong saying of "submission is given freely or not at all"

A sub deceiving a Dominant isn't submission and a Dominant deceiving a sub isn't 'given freely' 

let alone in any other type of relationship 

Posted
Turn off. Because I've been with someone like that and it's a nightmare. Being manipulative is ***. Kink is about consent and respect. If you are manipulating your partner, then you do not respect them - dynamic is dead.