Personal Reponsibility

CopperKnob

Posted
Here's the real answers/responses that the Personal Responsibility Crowd should know
1. Why were you there?
Because I was living my life
2. Why were you drinking?
Because I was living my life
3. Why did you wear that?
Because those were the clothes that I felt good in when I got dressed. They gave me confidence
4. Didn't you vet them?
I did but sometimes our gut instinct doesn't kick in until 5 seconds before the act
5. Why didn't you say no?
I did

Was it really ***?
If you didn't give consent, or you withdrew consent then yes, it was ***

Posted
To perhaps highlight the difference here from a male perspective - it's obvious that the kind of things being listed on this thread happen all too often just based on this relatively small sample - and while some of the examples are at the extremes, a lot of the experiences faced by women are things they experience on a regular basis - a significant enough regularity and by a significant enough number of different men for their ***s to be justified.
Yet, as men, whilst it can and does happen to us, it's for the most part isolated incidents or at the hands of a minority of women.
I honestly can't think of a single example in my life where I have suffered at the hands of a woman in the same way ladies do on a regular basis - and I think that most men would say the same (apologies Aranhis my friend I know that's not your case and am in no way diminishing it).
I did however have two "close shaves" at the hands of predatory men at a young age - the first where a friend of the family put his hand down my pyjamas (and mercifully I had the presence of mind not to let it go further) and the second where the leader of a youth group I was a member of invited me to stay at his for the weekend so I could help with decorating our meeting hall but my Mum wouldn't let me (he later went on to *** several of the group and was one of the subjects of a recent Panorama documentary into *** in the particular youth organisations concerned).
Now I was lucky and neither incident had a long term effect on me - and I'm not calling out men by highlighting it - my point being that as men, the majority of us go through life without suffering the kind of things the ladies here have shared and the kind of things they experience on a regular basis - and if we do they tend to be isolated incidents or at the hands of a single person, not regularly from multiple people and *THAT* is why a change needs to happen so that women do feel safer and don't feel the need to be on their guard because of the "potential" for their safety and comfort to be compromised at every turn.
Posted
11 minutes ago, gemini_man said:

Yet, as men, whilst it can and does happen to us, it's for the most part isolated incidents or at the hands of a minority of women.

You're alright bud, you're spot on with everything you've said and there's no apology due at all đź‘Ť

And yes... I haven't mentioned my experiences with men (that's a whole other aspect) but you're right to bring it up.

Posted
14 hours ago, Traveler said:

My daughter was ***d and offered for over six months when she was fif***. She's twenty-one now, has made multiple *** attempts, and is a mentally wreck.

I am very sorry for your daughter, and feel your ***. Hopefully, she will able to see the Sun shining later on.đź’–

Posted (edited)

Thank you all for sharing and highlighting your experiences, we do need to keep having these conversations. Sadly most of these things we do as woman are now so commonplace in our daily lives sometimes i dont even realise it, until a male friend might question why were walking the long  route I choose back from the pub or why I'm messaging my friends at a late to make sure they got back ok from there taxi ride home. Still many men I know friends and family members are still surprised to hear any of this us woman do. 

I've had countless experiences of being groped, touched inappropriately by a male teacher, followed home, flashed when i was a ***, felt up by a boss, locked in a house by an ex boyfriend, gotten drunk by a sober man to then have sex with me, to name a few.  As you say Copper the PRC brigade throw it all back in your face, what we're you wearing,  why we're you out so late, didn't you know he was like that....... Then we modify our behaviour to survive. 

I have a ***age son who I talk with all the time about how to be aware of his behaviour and to call others out when there being derogatory to woman, maybe things will slowly get better but sadly I don't hold much hope.

I *** at the tender age of 13 when he was inappropriately touched by a male family Friend all we had discussed came crashing down into his world. Its difficult not to hold onto the rage anger and regret I feel for what this man did to him. But talking hopefully and highlighting these awful incidents may just make one person question there behaviour and then that's worth it.

Edited by Vic1077